Operation: Pass the ball to Gareth Bale

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the same.

Once we fail to qualify, and Strachan leaves, what we need is some magic foreigner that can turn poor teams into solid qualifiers.

Obviously we'll pay this magician buttons.

Know anyone?

Once we fail to qualify, and Strachan leaves, what we need is some magic foreigner that can turn poor teams into solid qualifiers.

Obviously we'll pay this magician buttons.

Know anyone?

^ ^ ^ Gordon Strachan.

Wales are stronger than Scotland in almost every position.

Yup said this before. Strong team not so strong squad.

Apart from GK.

Davies from Tottenham at full back

Williams from Swansea CH

Taylor from Swansea FB

Ledley

Allen

Ramsey in midfield

Bale uptop

Other players just as good as the ones we have filling the team up

If you were to look up the meaning of 1 Man team in the Dictionary you would find Wales.....Never seen a more 1 man team in my life than them.....Heres hoping England destroy them and put them in their place in a few weeks time.

Not actually close to being true, Ramsay is a tremendous player who would get a game for almost any club or national side in the world

Wales kinda remind me of Portugal's "Golden Era".

Decent keeper (Ricardo or Victor Baia/Wayne Hennessey)
Two good solid centre backs (Carvalho and Andrade/Williams and Collins)
No nonsense full backs who can get forward and support the wingers (Ferrera, Valente, Miguel/Davies, Gunter, Taylor)
Decent central midfield trio (Maniche, Deco + 1/Allen, Ramsey + 1)
One world class player who is their main creative player and main goal scorer (Figo/Bale)
Absolute mung upfront whose only real job is to keep centre backs out of the way of the attacking midfielders (Pauleta/Robson-Kanu)

Portugal obviously had a bit more depth around them but if Wales stay clear of injuries and suspensions they'll do alright I reckon. Pace to counter attack, intelligent midfielders to pick the right passes, settled and solid back five.

Hope they hammer England

No nonsense full backs who can get forward and support the wingers (Ferrera, Valente, Miguel/Davies, Gunter, Taylor)

One world class player who is their main creative player and main goal scorer (Figo/Bale)

Absolute mung upfront whose only real job is to keep centre backs out of the way of the attacking midfielders (Pauleta/Robson-Kanu)

Portugal obviously had a bit more depth around them but if Wales stay clear of injuries and suspensions they'll do alright I reckon. Pace to counter attack, intelligent midfielders to pick the right passes, settled and solid back five.

Hope they hammer England

That made me laugh for some reason.

Hope they hammer England

Comparing Robson-Kanu to Pauleta who scored 48 goals in 88 games for Portugal and who is their 2nd all time goal scorer is funny as f**k but tbh I agree with the rest of your post.

Hope they hammer England

Bit excessive in the comparisons, but a more apt one instead of Portugal would probably be Southern Ireland in their 2002 campaign, where ninety per cent of what they did hit off Niall fucking Quinn and landed right at the foot of Robbie Keane, with the rest of the team largely plugging the gaps. Even long before Bale was Spurs' third choice left back after Ekotto and Gilberto, we got our arse felt 4-0 by a Welsh team which at no stage had more than six PL players, yet we had no less than seven ourselves.....and finished with fucking ten. The jealousy is laughable, all because a principality and a dependency have qualified before Scotland did.

Bit excessive in the comparisons, but a more apt one instead of Portugal would probably be Southern Ireland in their 2002 campaign, where ninety per cent of what they did hit off Niall fucking Quinn and landed right at the foot of Robbie Keane, with the rest of the team largely plugging the gaps. Even long before Bale was Spurs' third choice left back after Ekotto and Gilberto, we got our arse felt 4-0 by a Welsh team which at no stage had more than six PL players, yet we had no less than seven ourselves.....and finished with fucking ten. The jealousy is laughable, all because a principality and a dependency have qualified before Scotland did.

Diverging a bit, but on the subject of that Wales game: the irony of our "batalion of the Tartan Army" lads decrying Robbie Savage "a w****r" (it being true doesn't alter my point) after they gave up a midweek to travel to Cardiff and paid to watch Savage and his mates pump their resistance-freeteam .

I quite like Savage TBF.

Wales are quite clearly not a one-man-team and are currently comfortably better than us.

I actually hope they do quite well.

Savage is just a typical heel.  He knows he makes people seething, and he doesn't particularly care.  Good luck to him. 

I don't think saying that Wales are a one man team is jealousy.  It's clear to see the massive difference between how they play with Bale and without.  It doesn't mean they're a shite team without him, but there is still a huge, huge difference.  I'd say if we played them now without Bale, it'd be close.

Usually I'd be quite happy for them to do well at the tournament, but I'm finding their fans sudden world-beating attitude quite funny.  One said "I believe that currently, of the top European teams, there's only Germany that would beat us more times than we would beat them."  For that reason alone, I'd love to see them crash and burn.  A draw with England and a bit of a meltdown from their side, then a heavy defeat in the second round would do nicely. 

Comparing Robson-Kanu to Pauleta who scored 48 goals in 88 games for Portugal and who is their 2nd all time goal scorer is funny as f**k but tbh I agree with the rest of your post.

Yeah but look who he scored them against...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_goals_scored_by_Pauleta

Only six goals in competitve games against half decent teams (2 v Netherlands, hat trick v Poland and one v Russia) the rest are all against no marks in qualifying or teams like Canada in friendlies.

On a par with Guivarch

Archived