ABE

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A squad with potential, they could become a very good team but they have had these squads before.

For me, ABE was funny years ago, back when we thought we could still qualify for tournaments and we'd be at the next one.  Now we have too many problems to sort out for me to even care about England. I'll watch the competition and what happens happens.

Remember the rules here folks.

Wanting your club rivals to get beat is acceptable.

Wanting your international rivals to get beat is embarrassing and small time.

The Scottish Cringe.

Nah.  It's a media thing. British media. There's no escape.  Mon the rest of Europe.

This ABE attitude is as people above say narrow, small minded, petty and childish. I am not going to suddenly become a supporter of England but at the same time they do not bother or offend me either. I think the biggest issue is their overbearing Medias arrogance and dismissal of anything non English however having English Friends, English Family I find that this sort of attitude is not the norm amongst the people, most cannot stand the arrogance the Media portrays and are generally just hoping they can be at least competitive in the tournament.......I think as a Nation we need to get this chip off our shoulders about England, the country has over 45m people in it, we have 5m, most people base their viewpoints on ignorance or a crowd mentality......The interesting thing is this Mob want England to fail, why? To make themselves feel better about how bad we are?? Hating on them will not improve our situation.

As a side issue a good friend of mine attended the England game last week in London as his Son wanted to see Portugal Play, massive Ronaldo fan, his exact words were that everything from the Organisation right down to the friendliness of the crowd was 100 times better than anything he had experienced with Scotland in the last 10 years.Tickets were £25 in total and although the game was not great spectacle he still came away feeling he had a better experience.

England have a good Squad, certainly one that 99% of Scotland Fans would want IMO, anyone who says differently would be lying. I do not think they will win it because, and as much as Hodgson is a likeable guy, the Manager will make the fatal mistake of trying to shoehorn certain players into his team as opposed to playing what the best team should be, anyone who saw the Portugal game on TV will be able to testify to that.

I am sure my views will be met with derision by most but hey this is what a forum is, a place for us all to share our views, this is mine....

This ABE attitude is as people above say narrow, small minded, petty and childish. I am not going to suddenly become a supporter of England but at the same time they do not bother or offend me either. I think the biggest issue is their overbearing Medias arrogance and dismissal of anything non English however having English Friends, English Family I find that this sort of attitude is not the norm amongst the people, most cannot stand the arrogance the Media portrays and are generally just hoping they can be at least competitive in the tournament.......I think as a Nation we need to get this chip off our shoulders about England, the country has over 45m people in it, we have 5m, most people base their viewpoints on ignorance or a crowd mentality......The interesting thing is this Mob want England to fail, why? To make themselves feel better about how bad we are?? Hating on them will not improve our situation.

As a side issue a good friend of mine attended the England game last week in London as his Son wanted to see Portugal Play, massive Ronaldo fan, his exact words were that everything from the Organisation right down to the friendliness of the crowd was 100 times better than anything he had experienced with Scotland in the last 10 years.Tickets were £25 in total and although the game was not great spectacle he still came away feeling he had a better experience.

England have a good Squad, certainly one that 99% of Scotland Fans would want IMO, anyone who says differently would be lying. I do not think they will win it because, and as much as Hodgson is a likeable guy, the Manager will make the fatal mistake of trying to shoehorn certain players into his team as opposed to playing what the best team should be, anyone who saw the Portugal game on TV will be able to testify to that.

I am sure my views will be met with derision by most but hey this is what a forum is, a place for us all to share our views, this is mine....

That didn't happen.

tldr

Firstly, it's a footballing rivalry, make no mistake about it, if push came to shove they'd want us beat too.

Secondly, I've been going to Scotland games for ten years and never experienced any bother whatsoever, home or away, so whatever point you're trying to make about a meaningless friendly reflects absolutely nothing.

The Scottish Cringe in full effect with this one.

When you watch England games now, away from home, they actually sing about us all the time.

Cheer up Gordon Strachan oh what can it mean to a sad Scottish b*****d and a shite football team.

Small minded and won't help their problems IMO.

The ABE thing is harmless fun based on wanting guys like Ian Wright and Glen Hoddle to get put in their place.

It pales into insignificance compared to a England v Germany game. That's full blown racism from the English.

That post needs more random capital letters, imho.

The ABE thing is harmless fun based on wanting guys like Ian Wright and Glen Hoddle to get put in their place.

It pales into insignificance compared to a England v Germany game. That's full blown racism from the English.

Germany? I think you mean 'The Germans'

Archived