Wimbledon and the grass court tennis season

lichtie23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mr Bairn said:

I'd love Murray to win wimbledon again but I'm under no illusions, Federer always destroys him in the big games. I'd even prefer him to play Djokovic.

Like the last time they played a big final on centre court?

Terrific mental strength from Murray in that final set. Hopefully he takes care of Berdych in no more than four, with Federer and Raonic going the distance to set up the final nicely, regardless of who wins.

Some game that. Murray dropped his intensity for about 2 service games and it just inspired Tsonga into unplayable mode for the next hour.

But like all of Murray's opponents so far the purple patch eventually came to an end and he got a shoeing in the last set.

Some game that. Murray dropped his intensity for about 2 service games and it just inspired Tsonga into unplayable mode for the next hour.

But like all of Murray's opponents so far the purple patch eventually came to an end and he got a shoeing in the last set.

I think that's fair, but I don't think Murray was playing particularly good tennis for most of the match. He seemed to have an off day, which happens to everyone. Hopefully that's his poor performance and he can get back to unplayable for Berdych.

Missed the match but there's 21 minute highlights up on YouTube.  I was out of fucking breath just watching it.  That was probably Tsonga red-lining it, yet Murray still took him apart for 40% of the match.

Some boi.

Missed the match but there's 21 minute highlights up on YouTube.  I was out of fucking breath just watching it.  That was probably Tsonga red-lining it, yet Murray still took him apart for 40% of the match.

Some boi.

The highlights for anyone who didn't see it

I don't like how they always stick Murray on later just so some punters can catch a bit of it after their work. Would much rather Murray got his match out the way first and then let the other two slug it out for the rest of the day and evening if need be.

Archived