Ayr Are Here

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always liked stevo , but I would not have him back at ayr again he would have probably been offered some sort of coaching roll as well as playing. Time to move on and get players that want to play for ayr , sad when he said he wanted to finish his playing career at ayr.

Stevo has a family to support, it's job at the end of the day but he shouldn't have rabbited on about loving Ayr and wanting to finish his career with us as at the end of the day he was always going where the money was. He delivered a few really ace goals but I don't think he was ever going to get fit enough. He did not contribute much towards the end of the season. I just hope that is still the case and he doesn't come back to haunt us.....

Where do Dumbarton get the cash from? They never seems to have big crowds? Stadium cheaper to run? Better financial management?

Stevo has a family to support, it's job at the end of the day but he shouldn't have rabbited on about loving Ayr and wanting to finish his career with us as at the end of the day he was always going where the money was. He delivered a few really ace goals but I don't think he was ever going to get fit enough. He did not contribute much towards the end of the season. I just hope that is still the case and he doesn't come back to haunt us.....

Where do Dumbarton get the cash from? They never seems to have big crowds? Stadium cheaper to run? Better financial management?

Our eggs are being thrown in fewer baskets.

So what are these fitness issues - is it recurring injury or an inability to put in 90 minutes ?  We took a punt on Darren Barr last season and fitness-wise he saw the season out pretty well.  Nade too has issues but I expect him to be at a club next term.

As for wages, I doubt very much we'll be splashing the cash as the budget has been reined in from last season.  Dunno about our stadium being cheaper to run, but it's certainly cheaper to insure ;)

I have no idea why Stevo just didn't seem to get fit. Someone who appeared to have some knowledge re. fitness said on here that it's not possible to regain fitness while playing (didn't make a lot of sense to me) but he was really slow, couldn't jump for the ball and looked a bit knackered at times. You could not expect a break away goal as the others had to slow down to let him catch up. 

As I said, a few ace goals but really not enough.

I had heard he was on £1000 a week. No idea what the figure was but probably too much.

I wonder if he accepted the Dumbarton offer as it was a firm offer. I am fairly sure our offer would include a fitness clause as I am sure McCall mentioned before about him working in the close season to get fit.  

I hope he does ok, most Ayr fans will, just not well enough to cause us a problem!

Archived