GTF day has arrived but it's a bit early for 1st-10th prediction time, so in the meantime what about this FourFourTwo fans' questionnaire?

- What's your greatest hope for this season?

- And your biggest fear?

- Most important player

- Cult hero/terrace favourite

- Keep an eye out for. (young player)

- Player you'd happily drive to his next club.

- What one change would you make at your club?

- Have you got the right manager?

- What advice would you give him?

- Which team do you most want to beat this season?

- Opposition player you despise

- Opposition player you secretly admire

- Where will you finish?

Getting promotion!!!

- And your biggest fear?

Getting relegated!!!

- Most important player

Kyle Wilkie, the guys tremendous, stood out from the rest last year, would expect him to do so again this season!!!

Jonathan "Pagey" Page, the rock, the enforcer, the equaliser, it's a pity the pars went up, they wouldn't recognise the player we got from them and turned into a giant amongst men!!!

Scott Mercer, looks a lot older than he actually is, but is a player who is getting better and better, was included in Ladbrokes League Two team of the year!!!

None of them but if Chris Kane turns out to be as good as the reports we're getting from the Cowdengelly fans claim, then it could be him!!!

Build terracing around the pitch!!!

Fuckaye!!!

Sign a Ten Year Contract!!!

Livi/Airdrie Club Killers, Franchise Utd etc, etc!!!

QP's Ryan McGeever if he doesn't sign for us!!!

Ryan McGeever!!!

- Where will you finish?

Mid-table!!!

Since GTF day doesn't appear to have happened...

To challenge the upper reaches of the table and make a stab at the playoffs would be incredible, especially where we've been in recent years. So going up via the playoffs would be the greatest hope, definitely.

- And your biggest fear?

Biggest fear would have to be not getting a good enough squad together, losing AJ and faissal and coming straight back down. Unlikely, but still possible.

- Most important player

Andy Geggan, without question.

Faissal if he stays, of course. Super Joe if not.

Ryan Williamson, first full season back at full fitness, if he gets a good enough start he'll be one of, if not the, best full back in the league next year.

Would have been Ryan Wallace but he's already gone. If he doesn't improve then McCabe for sure.

Much like any other clubs, all the day-trippers who show up for the big games but don't go normally to come more regularly.

Absolutely.

Ignore the fans and stick to your guns.

Well, as much as it would be nice to beat Falkirk and the Rovers, beating Hibs a few times would certainly make our mark as serious contenders.

Jason Cummings, shitebag with stupid hair, disappears in big games.

Nobody that I would secretly admire to be honest, but Luke Leahy at Falkirk is a fantastic player.

- Where will you finish?

I think we'll be around the playoffs or thereabouts. Can see us having a great season with so many teams in transition periods. 3rd.

Greatest hope:

It's probably a little ambitious but I would like to see Stenhousemuir finish the season in a play-off place. The squad obviously requires quite a bit of bolstering before it's ready to go in July but with the right recruitment, we might just be an outside shout. There's some very decent players here already, so we're off to a good start.

Biggest fear:

Relegation. Having watched a handful of League 2 matches last season, I really don't want to see Stenhousemuir back in the fourth tier. The standard is noticeably poorer and although there's some decent away days to be had, I can't see it being all that much fun.

Also: playing Albion Rovers.

Most important player:

It's hard to say at the moment because we're so short in numbers but I'm expecting another big year from Colin McMenamin. When I recorded the Pelé Podcast with him a couple of months ago, he spoke about how he had to step up his game in 2014-15 to get the team going, purely because there was no-one else who'd do it. He's a grafter and a good finisher and his experience and in-game management will be vital going forward.

Terrace favourite:

I'm a huge mark for Ross Meechan. He was terrible when he first joined us (so much so that based on his performances between July 2014 and February 2015, I'd say he was our worst-ever player) but he improved dramatically under Brown Ferguson and he excelled last season. He wears his heart on his sleeve - he looks over the moon when we score and utterly bereft if we lose - and his hard work, determination, attitude, versatility and all-round tenacity has won over the support. Smashing guy to talk to too.

Keep an eye out for...

Injury hampered last season's campaign but I'm hoping Ciaran Summers will continue to improve. He's a sparky young left-back, very composed on the ball, good at driving forward and defensively sound. He looks like Joey Essex but there's nothing wrong with that.

Player you'd happily drive to the next club:

I was pleased with Bomber's summer retentions. Jamie Barclay was released and Stuart Malcolm chose to move on, so there's no obvious targets in the squad just now. Come back to me in a couple of months and we'll review this answer...

What one change would you make at the club:

The club's failure to communicate with supporters is shocking, absolutely shocking. The club website seems to take ages to get updated with news. Going further, take something as basic as Twitter - I look at, say, the Stranraer official account and it's updated constantly with tidbits and information and it always tries to engage with fans. The Warriors account does nothing. There's the occasional link to something on Facebook about a community team but there's never any updates about signings, injuries, suspensions or player availability. The stuff on matchdays is poor too, with updates from the games both sporadic and sketchy.

Have you got the right manager?

Yes, absolutely. I'm fully behind Bomber, 100 per cent. He was the right man to replace the loathsome Scott Booth - someone who was approachable, thoughtful and made time to talk to supporters - and he did well to keep the team in the league in 2015 and he deserved to stay on for the year ahead. He's made some mistakes - the failure to sign a decent goalkeeper, keeping Stuart Malcolm in the team for so long, losing to East Kilbride in the Scottish Cup - but I hope he's learned from them going into the new season.

What advice would you give him?

Don't listen to online trolls like myself. And sign a decent goalkeeper and centre-back for the new season, for the love of God.

Which team do you want to beat?

Albion Rovers. I'm fed up of them taking 10 out of a possible 12 points from us, something has to stop.

Opposition player you despise:

No-one. There's no-one that really winds me up. Rory McAllister's petulance can be a drag but that's about it.

Opposition player you admire:

I would loved to have signed up Wullie Muir for the season ahead. He's a class goalkeeper and I think he's got a great chance of moving further up the food chain. I'm also envious Alloa Athletic signed Jamie Longworth and Andy Graham. Both players would have benefited Stenhousemuir immensely.

Where will you finish?

Hard to say when our squad's still in the process of being put together but I'd reckon seventh or eighth. I'll get back to you at the end of July.

Greatest hope:

It's probably a little ambitious but I would like to see Stenhousemuir finish the season in a play-off place.

I don't think that's too ambitious. Stenny may well scrape 9th.

You couldn't hope for more than a repeat of last season's achievement.

- And your biggest fear?

Losing the manager, with all our the best players following him.

- Most important player

The back five are going to be very important but I think the key player is Ross Dunlop.

In his testimonial season it has to be Alan Reid.

Schoolboy Paul Archibald is the only striker in the team right now, with a full Summer of training under his belt it will be interesting to see how he gets on. But scouts will be keeping an eye out for 21-year-old goalie Ross Stewart- I'm confident he'll be at a FT club this time next year.

I've got time for all of them but Paul Willis and Mark Ferry have the most to prove.

Let kids in for free rather than this £30 a season pish.

YES!

Keep up the good work, give us one more year and you'll get the move you deserve.

It'll be a harder task than it was last season but I'd love us to do one over Airdrie - preferably on the 5th November.

I despise no one. I'll say Greig Spence because he always scores against us.

No secret about it - Jamie Longworth is an excellent forward and I wish we could have attracted him. He and Spence together will be lethal.

- Where will you finish?

The squad has been weakened but our organisation, team spirit and strength at the back will see us over the line to 8th place.

What's your greatest hope for this season?

Promotion. We've built a decent squad on paper as it stands, so this will certainly be our intention. Top four will be the aim.

And your biggest fear?

I remember 2010/11 season very well, where we put together a decent squad and ended up in freefall during the second half of the season, leading to relegation to the bottom tier.

Most important player

Its probably going to be Greig Spence. After such a low scoring season in the Championship last term, we're going to be relying on him replicating the tally he achieved at Cowdenbeath last season

Cult hero/terrace favourite

Jason Marr. Has been consistently brilliant for us in his 3 year stay at the club so far, and the supporters were delighted to see him stay on

Keep an eye out for. (young player)

We'll have 4 or 5 young players in the squad, but remains to be seen if they can grasp an opportunity to break into the starting 11. Ryan Hoggan is a fairly accomplished and composed deep lying central midfielder.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club.

None

What one change would you make at your club?

A card for a season ticket like other clubs instead of the old voucher book

Absolutely. Jack Ross seems to be universally highly thought of in a coaching capacity, popular with the players, and substantial amount of contacts in the game due to his work with the PFA. Conducts himself with class, and is also a very handsome man with a terrific wardrobe

What advice would you give him?

Release a 2017 calendar- would bring the club income by the bucketload

Which team do you most want to beat this season?

Probably Livingston, but depends on how the league progresses

Opposition player you despise

Iain Russell will probably play the role of panto villain well for most non Airdrie fans this season.

Opposition player you secretly admire

Despite the above Iain Russell is a player I rate highly and actually quite like. Maybe getting on a bit now but still a player I would have loved to have back at Alloa

Where will you finish?

2nd

To get promoted by any means.

- And your biggest fear?

The swap to full time football completely and utterly flopping.

- Most important player

Difficult to say at this point in the close-season, however I suspect Iain Russell's form could be the difference between promotion and staying in the division for another year.

Again this is difficult given that almost all of the players will be new this season however given Iain Russell's an Airdrie fan and his granddad is the Wee Prime Minister I reckon he'll quickly become a fans' favourite.

I think Rohan Ferguson will be our stand out youngster. If he lives up to his potential he could be away to bigger and better things before the end of his contract.

It's a toss up between Hugo Faria and Marc Fitzpatrick.

Personally I'd change the manager, however that's not going to happen. Other than that everything is pretty positive at the club at the moment.

Eddie Wolecki-Black has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's a good manager. We can only hope that with "his own" players in he'll do the business for us. In any case he's the chairman's man so we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future no matter what.

Don't try and play tiki taka football with a bunch of lower league jobbers. And please drop this keeping 11 men back for corners pish - it clearly doesn't work.

It's got to be Livingston I think, the only other FT team in the league with half a team of ex-Airdrie player. That would be satisfying. 

I can't say I despise any player in the league to be honest. If I had to choose anyone it would be Rory McAllister as he's as petulant as he is good.

I like Willie Gibson of Stranraer, wouldn't mind him at Airdrie. And of course McAllister.

- Where will you finish?

I certainly don't think we'll finish 1st, however I reckon all things going well we'll sneak 2nd or 3rd.

What's your greatest hope for this season?

Staying up

And your biggest fear?

Getting relegated!!!

Most important player

Kyle Wilkie and Jason Kerr

favourite

Kevin smith

Kyle Wilkie and Jason Kerr

Not sure

Build terracing around the pitch!!!

Time will tell he won league 2 but dose not main he do good in league one

1 year deal see how he dose

Brechin steeny Albion rovers

Annan s Josh Todd great player wroth signing

Josh Todd

- Where will you finish?

7 or 8th

Win the league

- And your biggest fear?

Finish 2nd

- Most important player

Liam Buchanan

We don't have Deky and Shags anymore :(

Mathew Knox/Ryan Currie

Darren Cole

Our shite board

f**k no

f**k off

Stranraer

I don't know any players in this league so I'll go with Stranraer's coach who's initials are EP

Ian "Beany" Russell

- Where will you finish?

1st

Win the league

- And your biggest fear?

Finish 2nd

- Most important player

Liam Buchanan

We don't have Deky and Shags anymore :(

Mathew Knox/Ryan Currie

Darren Cole

Our shite board

f**k no

f**k off

Stranraer

I don't know any players in this league so I'll go with Stranraer's coach who's initials are EP

Ian "Beany" Russell

- Where will you finish?

1st

EP is a legend. Enjoy relegation you wee goon all about the Blu

Getting promoted. Whether that be through winning the league or the play - offs it doesn't really matter.

- And your biggest fear?

This new full - time venture being a total flop and ending up fighting a relegation battle with a team of kids.

- Most important player

Probably too early to say since we haven't finished our squad building but in this league simply being able to score goals can get you far. Iain Russell and and Andy Ryan SHOULD be a very potent strike - force. Of course we'll need someone to be able to get the ball to them and so whoever we sign as our creative midfielder will therefore probably be our most important player.

Again probably too early to say but Iain Russell has already endeared himself to the fans. Play as we know he can and I see no reason why that shouldn't stay the same.

- Keep an eye out for (young player)

Goalie Rohan Ferguson is already highly rated, has trained with Hearts, was subject to a bid from Dundee United on the eve of our cup game and allegedly has many other clubs chasing him. Doesn't have a lot of first team experience but play to his potential and I doubt he'll be with us for long.

- Player you'd happily drive to his next club

Hugo Faria, Marc Fitzpatrick and and Adam Brown should never have been offered new contracts.

That's a big question. Too early to say whether or not the move to full - time football at this stage was a mistake. I'd probably say the manager.

I don't think so and I never have. EWB has done nothing to suggest he'll be a good manager. The tika taka style he tried to get us to play last season was awful and worst of all didn't work. He strikes me as another Scott Booth. A man with a "philosophy" who can coach kids but at the end of the day can't cut it at first team level. But most of all, I don't think he should be the manager because he had a fucking stroke and I don't think he's healthy enough to be manager. It would have made much more sense to have moved him back to his old position of director of coaching and let be in overall charge of the football direction, a move that would have suited everyone TBH. We even had a ready made replacement in Danny Lennon, who isn't perfect, but is a much better manager than EWB and who has been there and done it before at this level. However, he's clearly the chairman's man and is here for the long haul. I'm not sure how much influence Iain King had on first team affairs but if he did, perhaps things will be slightly different now he's away. He's got his own squad now and they've already started pre - season. No excuses now (such as being stuck with Bollan's more fuctional squad). Prove us (me) wrong EWB.

Be practical when you have to be. It would be great to play silky football every week but it's not going to happen. The best teams at this level play simple practical football and it works. When Lennon ditched the tika taka it worked for a more functional style it worked and we quickly started picking up results.

Albion Rovers and any challengers for promotion so probably Alloa, Stranraer and Livingston.

Can't think of any off the top of my head (so probably none). John Gemmell was a great windup merchant and it's a shame he won't be in the league this season.

See above

- Where will you finish?

Bit of a cop out but I have no idea. Need to wait until we, and everyone else, has signed their full squad.

What's your greatest hope for the season?

To win the league as I'm feeling really optimistic for the season coming.

And your biggest fear?

Emulating Cowdenbeath and doing a back to back relegation.

Most important player

It's hard to say really with a pretty high turnover of players, I feel we will win games by dominating the midfield but a 20+ goal striker could be crucial so either Spence or Longworth.

Player you'd happily drive to his next club

As of now none.

It'd either be a change back to the old badge or for the club to engage a bit more with the community and try encourage some new supporters.

From the showing last season then yes I think we have.

what advice would you give him?

Don't listen to the moaning old duffers we have in the support. They're only happy when we're losing so they can get a moan nowadays.

What team do you most want to beat this season

Livi.

Opposition player you despise

Ian Russel

Opposition player you secretly admire

No secrets about it, Liam Buchanan.

Where will you finish?

Top 2.

Archived