The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Saw this on facebook:

Club Update

Over the last few weeks, the club have been forced to deal with a very challenging chain of unplanned situations, which potentially could have been catastrophic for the club and these have required us to make some tough decisions to ensure that the club retains it's integrity and the respect of our supporters, the league we play in, our opponents, sponsors, investors, Scottish football and most importantly the community we play in and represent.

These decisions have not been taken lightly and are some of the toughest decisions the club have had to make. They have undoubtedly taken their toll on everyone at the club over the last few weeks, but the actions taken were the correct ones to ensure the clubs long term survival was not compromised and our club did not knowingly damage the safety of the local community we play in during these worrying times.

The club has worked with wider football partners and have kept the appropriate authorities aware of all developments during this period. We now need to move on and refocus on the football aspect of the club and ensure that the support and focus of everyone at the club is towards matchdays and the remainder of the league campaign and beyond, starting with our trip to Spartans this Saturday.

Saw this on facebook:
Club Update
Over the last few weeks, the club have been forced to deal with a very challenging chain of unplanned situations, which potentially could have been catastrophic for the club and these have required us to make some tough decisions to ensure that the club retains it's integrity and the respect of our supporters, the league we play in, our opponents, sponsors, investors, Scottish football and most importantly the community we play in and represent.
These decisions have not been taken lightly and are some of the toughest decisions the club have had to make. They have undoubtedly taken their toll on everyone at the club over the last few weeks, but the actions taken were the correct ones to ensure the clubs long term survival was not compromised and our club did not knowingly damage the safety of the local community we play in during these worrying times.
The club has worked with wider football partners and have kept the appropriate authorities aware of all developments during this period. We now need to move on and refocus on the football aspect of the club and ensure that the support and focus of everyone at the club is towards matchdays and the remainder of the league campaign and beyond, starting with our trip to Spartans this Saturday.
That wid suggest players party [emoji23]

Oh dear Selfie looks like it’s been a bad day for your club. How will whatever has happened do for morale for the rest of the season?
C’mon The Rose [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]
Its only 1 day out of 365 though.

Back to looking forward to giving Spartans a doing on Saturday as a measure of revenge for firing us out the cup

Trying to read through the lines I think it's covid related. One of Andy's associates mentions 'a dozen staff members in the unplanned event' which would suggest a party or something. That's my best guess, please keep the rumours going, it's the only excitement we have left in our season 

Trying to read through the lines I think it's covid related. One of Andy's associates mentions 'a dozen staff members in the unplanned event' which would suggest a party or something. That's my best guess, please keep the rumours going, it's the only excitement we have left in our season 
A told people earlier it was a party whole squad a believe rodgers at centre o it that's the rumour anyway that's made its way east

Good to see that it’s actually came out what’s happened so that Rodgers can’t continue to play his pathetic victim card that he had tried to play. 

Shocking from the players involved as well and it is seriously worrying that their response to this was a 4-1 pumping from Tranet. 

Apparently clubs meeting this week to decide whether to scrap the season or not. East of Scotland following the decision that the LL makes. 

If true I wonder how the shire will vote. Can we afford to continue playing? Is it worthwhile when the league's gone and we're out the Scottish? Will we vote to play just to try and get kelty out the league and increase our chance of getting out the league next year?

Similarly how will the rest vote. I can't see enough teams voting to continue playing. It doesn't make sense for a lot of clubs.

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Apparently clubs meeting this week to decide whether to scrap the season or not. East of Scotland following the decision that the LL makes. 

If true I wonder how the shire will vote. Can we afford to continue playing? Is it worthwhile when the league's gone and we're out the Scottish? Will we vote to play just to try and get kelty out the league and increase our chance of getting out the league next year?

Similarly how will the rest vote. I can't see enough teams voting to continue playing. It doesn't make sense for a lot of clubs.

As far as I am aware there is no club meeting this week, nor is one planned. I will say that I’ve been told that 3rd hand, so it may not necessarily be true.

17 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

As far as I am aware there is no club meeting this week, nor is one planned. I will say that I’ve been told that 3rd hand, so it may not necessarily be true.

I know someone who plays for an EOfS conference team and that is apparently what's happening as they are meeting to discuss whether or not to continue with the conference system. If true I do think it is a little early to be deciding to call the league but you never know 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...