The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

13 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

I didn't expect us to win today at all. Tranent should've been favs, and they rightfully proved that. The absolute state of some of the posters on here though hahaha.

Aye ok 🙄 deep doon yer raging,fair enough taking a defeat but a pumping,most decent Shire fans will be gutted tonight. The LL relegation brigade will have their troosers round their ankles man. 

Edited by newcastle broon

8 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye ok 🙄 deep doon yer raging,fair enough taking a defeat but a pumping,most decent Shire fans will be gutted tonight. The LL relegation brigade will have their troosers round their ankles man. 

I think most are gutted but it's difficult to get engrossed in this season. Watching games on a laptop isn't exactly great and all today would've given us is the opportunity to watch us play against a higher tiered opposition on a stream. No possibility of a great away trip, just a bit meh.

They can w**k themselves to death if they want, it's not going to change anything. Tranent, Jeanfield, Broxburn and Lithgae done themselves proud today and I'm sure they'll get their opportunity to play at a higher level in the coming years.

I honestly didn't fancy us today, we are awful away to ex junior teams and their boggy fields. Pumped twice at Bonnyrigg, embarrassed at Broxburn last year. 1 point from a few games at Kelty. I think we've only won away to a ex junior team when we defeated Blackburn in the South Challenge. The scoreline is shocking but the result was expected imo.

Boggy fields? Broxburn play on 3G.

I think most are gutted but it's difficult to get engrossed in this season. Watching games on a laptop isn't exactly great and all today would've given us is the opportunity to watch us play against a higher tiered opposition on a stream. No possibility of a great away trip, just a bit meh.
They can w**k themselves to death if they want, it's not going to change anything. Tranent, Jeanfield, Broxburn and Lithgae done themselves proud today and I'm sure they'll get their opportunity to play at a higher level in the coming years.
I honestly didn't fancy us today, we are awful away to ex junior teams and their boggy fields. Pumped twice at Bonnyrigg, embarrassed at Broxburn last year. 1 point from a few games at Kelty. I think we've only won away to a ex junior team when we defeated Blackburn in the South Challenge. The scoreline is shocking but the result was expected imo.

Massively disappointing result, credit to Tranent on the win. But for us its like Broxburn last season did we underestimate the opposition ? Wouldn't think that would be the case. 

Back to the league as priority once again ! next couple of games will decide our season. Its hard to be optimistic haha

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

I know, I was aiming the boggy fields towards bonnyrigg and tranent. 

I think you will find that Tranent have one of the best playing surfaces in the East of Scotland , stick that in your pipe and smoke it Billy Big Time , plus at least we have our own ground.

1 hour ago, Halfwit8 said:

I think you will find that Tranent have one of the best playing surfaces in the East of Scotland , stick that in your pipe and smoke it Billy Big Time , plus at least we have our own ground.

hahaha you're spending the greatest night in your diddy clubs history raging at a fellow fan of a diddy team. Have a drink and enjoy your night. Good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season. I'm sure Shire v Tranent games will become a regular occurance in the coming years.

GAME WAS TURNED INTO A COMPLETE FARCE BY THE WEATHER CONDITIONS . IT ALSO DID NOT HELP THAT SHIRE DEFENDING WAS NOT TOO GOOD ( AGAIN ). ON A NORMAL " WEATHER " DAY I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SHIRE TO HAVE GIVEN A DECENT ACCOUNT . SHOCK RESULTS HAPPEN . eg SCO CUP R1 2006  NON LEAGUE PRESTON ATHLETIC 2 LEAGUE STENHOUSEMUIR 0 WHEN PRESTON ATHLETIC TOTALLY WIPED THE FLOOR WITH A STENNY TEAM OF SUPERSTARS. OR A CERTAIN 1960s BERWICK RANGERS MATCH WHEN THEY DEFEATED OLDCO . MAYBE ITS TIME FOR THE GLORY HUNTER SO CALLED SHIRE FANS  TO GO & WATCH MONEY NO OBJECT TEAMS LIKE KELTY , BONNYRIGG , MAN UTD  etc

? . 

Well said, to many pretend teams hiring parks and decrying teams who have developed their infrastructure over years through hard work.

11 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Well said, to many pretend teams hiring parks and decrying teams who have developed their infrastructure over years through hard work.

Interesting, what is a “pretend team”? Are you insinuating that Shire fall in that category?