The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Welcome to the LL I've a feeling this will be the biggest thread of the season and I'm sure teams will appreciate your travelling support. Galashiels is easily done by train, many good bars in Galashiels high Street 5/10 min taxi to ground though they have a club underneath the main stand or maybes worth checking out if the rugby club bar is open next door. (Selkirk a further 6 mile taxi run but reasonably cheap).selkirk also sell alcohol in there wee clubhouse but maybe bottles only, there's a cricket club right next to their park. Prestonpans easy on train again. They have Prestonpans legion next to the park but sell alcohol in the club inside ground (last I was there again it was bottle beers but very cheap) No need to introduce Cumbernauld or Stirling destinations nor Edinburgh teams(spartans serve you alcohol behind the goals at their club but Edinburgh Uni maybe more difficult for a pint, not sure if they have a public bar as yet.Gretna (social club in car park showing sky matches not associated with club but they have the excellent wee bar inside ground) change Carlisle or direct from Glasgow central but takes forever. Dalbeattie is aboot half hour on bus from Dumfries station,they have a social club in their stand but one or two bars in the town . Innerleithen has a nice social club on the main street where they do the after match players hospitality, also a pub with a beer garden gate straight into the ground, I'm sure it'll be stewarded when you guys are in town though lol. Not sure where the bsc are going to play and EK is a wee trek to get to in the middle of country park. ww nearest station would now be eskbank and either cross bridge and get 49 (20 mins from tesco) or taxi. Don't get a 49 from Waverley north bridge it takes forever. Best jumping on a 31 to Bonnyrigg and meeting a 49 connection their. It's £1.60 set bus fare in Edinburgh and surrounding areas whether one stop or hundred stops. We've got a wee social club inside the ground as well.Roll on the new season :)

Welcome to the LL I've a feeling this will be the biggest thread of the season and I'm sure teams will appreciate your travelling support. Galashiels is easily done by train, many good bars in Galashiels high Street 5/10 min taxi to ground though they have a club underneath the main stand or maybes worth checking out if the rugby club bar is open next door. (Selkirk a further 6 mile taxi run but reasonably cheap).selkirk also sell alcohol in there wee clubhouse but maybe bottles only, there's a cricket club right next to their park. Prestonpans easy on train again. They have Prestonpans legion next to the park but sell alcohol in the club inside ground (last I was there again it was bottle beers but very cheap) No need to introduce Cumbernauld or Stirling destinations nor Edinburgh teams(spartans serve you alcohol behind the goals at their club but Edinburgh Uni maybe more difficult for a pint, not sure if they have a public bar as yet.Gretna (social club in car park showing sky matches not associated with club but they have the excellent wee bar inside ground) change Carlisle or direct from Glasgow central but takes forever. Dalbeattie is aboot half hour on bus from Dumfries station,they have a social club in their stand but one or two bars in the town . Innerleithen has a nice social club on the main street where they do the after match players hospitality, also a pub with a beer garden gate straight into the ground, I'm sure it'll be stewarded when you guys are in town though lol. Not sure where the bsc are going to play and EK is a wee trek to get to in the middle of country park. ww nearest station would now be eskbank and either cross bridge and get 49 (20 mins from tesco) or taxi. Don't get a 49 from Waverley north bridge it takes forever. Best jumping on a 31 to Bonnyrigg and meeting a 49 connection their. It's £1.60 set bus fare in Edinburgh and surrounding areas whether one stop or hundred stops. We've got a wee social club inside the ground as well.Roll on the new season :)

Yeah, extremely looking forward to the Border away days and there could be another one if Hawick get into the league. Also cannot wait for another trip to Rosewell after the Scottish Cup game a few years ago. Would be great if that game was one of the earlier games in the season so we can stand on the grassy banks in the sunshine rather than the pishing rain haha. How do you think Whitehill will do next season?

Yeah, extremely looking forward to the Border away days and there could be another one if Hawick get into the league. Also cannot wait for another trip to Rosewell after the Scottish Cup game a few years ago. Would be great if that game was one of the earlier games in the season so we can stand on the grassy banks in the sunshine rather than the pishing rain haha. How do you think Whitehill will do next season?

After finishing 4th in the 1st season then 7th and a disappointing 8th last season I kinda thought we found our level for the pyramid but a change of manager and a strong finish to last season I'm a bit more optimistic for the new season.

I'm certainly not gonnae shout from any rooftops to say we'll win it,a decent Scottish Cup run would be a good start though.

I think you guys will be the team everyone will try to raise their game to, whether that helps you go straight back up I don't know but think yourselves along wi EK and dare I say it Spartans will be up there. Cumbernauld had a good 1st season they could be dark horses. Gretna like us can only improve, the Uni of Stirling usually have a decent side as well. There could be other teams surprising as well.

All looks well for an interesting season given the success and exposure Edinburgh City have brought to the LL.

After finishing 4th in the 1st season then 7th and a disappointing 8th last season I kinda thought we found our level for the pyramid but a change of manager and a strong finish to last season I'm a bit more optimistic for the new season. I'm certainly not gonnae shout from any rooftops to say we'll win it,a decent Scottish Cup run would be a good start though. I think you guys will be the team everyone will try to raise their game to, whether that helps you go straight back up I don't know but think yourselves along wi EK and dare I say it Spartans will be up there. Cumbernauld had a good 1st season they could be dark horses. Gretna like us can only improve, the Uni of Stirling usually have a decent side as well. There could be other teams surprising as well. All looks well for an interesting season given the success and exposure Edinburgh City have brought to the LL.

Agreed on WW having kept the majority of players a proven Forward or 2 a right winger and WW will do well

Don't get a 49 from Waverley north bridge it takes forever. Best jumping on a 31 to Bonnyrigg and meeting a 49 connection their. It's £1.60 set bus fare in Edinburgh and surrounding areas whether one stop or hundred stops. We've got a wee social club inside the ground as well.Roll on the new season :)

You forgot £4 for a day ticket. 31 from Waverley to Bonnyrigg, 49 to Rosewell, 100m walk to San Fergie. Or get a backie off Grimbo, he's our secret admirer and comes out on his bike :lol:

Not a lot happened in the past week but signings are supposed to be announced today. The first off which confirmed by the club is the resigning of Greame MacGregor from Linlithgow Rose, who should be able to do a competent job at LL level. Dean Shaw has also confirmed on Twitter that he has signed from Stenny. Chris Townsley on the other hand has returned to Spartans, although a very good player his injury problems are getting worse and worse so don't think he'll be as big a miss.

We also have a friendly against Queens Park at Lesser Hampden, which will be a good test before the season starts.

How did Barnard do for you last season

Decent enough goalie, great shot stopper but cannot claim crosses and has a tendency to just boot the baw out the park from his kicks. He's getting really old now so probably about his level

Decent enough goalie, great shot stopper but cannot claim crosses and has a tendency to just boot the baw out the park from his kicks. He's getting really old now so probably about his level

To be honest, we're better than that so if he's not good enough for you then there's no chance he's anywhere near what we need.

To be honest, we're better than that so if he's not good enough for you then there's no chance he's anywhere near what we need.

He was supposedly a very good goalie at Camelon though. He is a big character aswell and gives the fans a lot of his time, which in turn makes his blunders more tolerable to take. I wish him all the best however, one of the few shire players who looked like they gave a shite towards the end of the season.

Well he was offered contracts by a couple of teams in League 2, which technically is above your level, so I can't understand why you took the time and effort to write such a ridiculous post.

Barnard was terrible. Reminded me of Jim Butter in his last years at Montrose. A brilliant shot stopper but also capable of making as many gruesome blunders as wonder saves.

The lad Dolan was much, much better. Barnard I believe was coaching him, so credit to him there.

Barnard wanted to be goalkeeping coach at the Shire, so presume he'll be goalkeeper coach at Lithgae.

With Dean Shaw signing I also presume that Dolan will have left, rumours were Montrose. If he stays then we'll have 2 very good goalkeepers for next season.