The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Spartans are still my favourites to win it as well, I think the biggest thing that will count against them is the number of games they have to play between now and the end of the season, including potentially cup finals and semis. Should be a fascinating end to the season regardless

Wow, what a game today. Selkirk were unlucky to not get anything from that game, and they were good value for their lead when it came, but if it's a performance like Shire's today that ends with a last minute Connor Greene winner then it's probably worth it.  

And while I don't like to criticise our own players, it's inexplicable that Brisbane continues to start as a forward. He can't fucking shoot. We've got to either play him in midfield just in front of Del, or replace him with Faulds

Highlight for me was linesman makes a shocking decision gets a bit of stick then starts asking boys to wait at the stand after the game lol

Is this seriously the best we can get running the line nowadays?

“I’m a 54 year old man and I’ll take any of you poofy c**t outside after the game’

Sort of shit you would expect from a school kid.

1 hour ago, luggy said:

Highlight for me was linesman makes a shocking decision gets a bit of stick then starts asking boys to wait at the stand after the game lol

“I’m a 54 year old man and I’ll take any of you poofy c**t outside after the game’

Fucking hell, the guy with the tattoos I take it? I saw him gesturing to his arse and saying something at one point but I didn't know what he was getting at

15 hours ago, luggy said:

Ha!  Did he get much 'stick' after that..?

Fantastic response from the boys yesterday, a huge final 15 minutes. The bit I loved the most was that after we scored the 3rd in the 90th minute we went out and put them to the sword instead of playing around in the corners.

I thought it was game over when Brisbane got through only for him to miss for Selkirk to equalise about a minute later. At 2-1 down I wasn't convinced we were going to get anything from thr game.

7 wins on the bounce now but we still need a few favourable results to overthrow EK, BSC and Spartans. Exciting times ahead!

Hahahahaha

My dream is to get a bite off lino. Well done to the boy thats caused that massive heads gone.

On 11/02/2018 at 11:22, selfassemblyshire said:

Fantastic response from the boys yesterday, a huge final 15 minutes. The bit I loved the most was that after we scored the 3rd in the 90th minute we went out and put them to the sword instead of playing around in the corners.

I thought it was game over when Brisbane got through only for him to miss for Selkirk to equalise about a minute later. At 2-1 down I wasn't convinced we were going to get anything from thr game.

7 wins on the bounce now but we still need a few favourable results to overthrow EK, BSC and Spartans. Exciting times ahead!

The Shire are on fire ! :) 

2 hours ago, TFW said:

You've not got another Jamie Glasgow we could possibly have please? Setting the Western Junior Super League alight this season with his all round displays, and scoring goals for fun.

Unfortunately not quite. But it's good to hear he's doing well over there (was it Talbot he joined?) Genuinely one of my favourite players I've seen for the Shire

56 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Why did he leave the shire alan? Always seemed like a stand out for you guys.

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that he lived and worked out in the west of Scotland and travelling to falkirk a few times a week for training and games was too much. Which is a shame for us but totally understandable from his perspective. He was indeed a stand out for us, a tad inconsistent but when he was on his game he was great to watch

Lives just a few miles away from Auchinleck. The fans love him. Has the ability to turn defenders on a tanner, and gets lots of goals like that - and also wins lots of free kicks on the edge of the box as well. Got a good couple of guys to work with up front and it's not just scoring but assists as well. In the recent Junior Cup tie at our local rivals Cumnock he made three and scored a belter. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow against Pollok in the Junior Cup.