The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

6 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Pleased with the win as SU are a tough opponent, but we made very heavy weather of it in the second half after a terrific first. Hopefully that serves as a bit of a reminder we need to keep going for the full 90 and not get complacent.  

Some questionable decisions from the ref today though. In the interest of transparency he should release his UCAS applications, I think someone was trying to curry favour with the uni...

I think Rodgers was trying to dink it over the keeper and got too much on it. More than made it for it with our 4th.

I can't see us getting promotion, the patchy start to the season has cost us. We should finish 4th and could possibly nip into the top 3 if someone drops off - we're only 5 points behind BSC and other than two against Spartans have a run of winnable games ahead of us. In fact other than Spartans and Selkirk I don't think we play another team from the top half of the table for the rest of the season.

Thats why I thought still have a chance at Promotion but would be a tall order. I think looking at past Lowland League seasons one teams ran away with it where as this season BSC seemed to top the table and the others have caught up.  Hopefully make the shire game on the 18th February a sunday against Hawick Royal Albert

46 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Pleased with the win as SU are a tough opponent, but we made very heavy weather of it in the second half after a terrific first. Hopefully that serves as a bit of a reminder we need to keep going for the full 90 and not get complacent.  

Some questionable decisions from the ref today though. In the interest of transparency he should release his UCAS applications, I think someone was trying to curry favour with the uni...

I think Rodgers was trying to dink it over the keeper and got too much on it. More than made it for it with our 4th.

I can't see us getting promotion, the patchy start to the season has cost us. We should finish 4th and could possibly nip into the top 3 if someone drops off - we're only 5 points behind BSC and other than two against Spartans have a run of winnable games ahead of us. In fact other than Spartans and Selkirk I don't think we play another team from the top half of the table for the rest of the season.

39 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats why I thought still have a chance at Promotion but would be a tall order. I think looking at past Lowland League seasons one teams ran away with it where as this season BSC seemed to top the table and the others have caught up.  Hopefully make the shire game on the 18th February a sunday against Hawick Royal Albert

BSC v Spartans next week somethings got to give there. Shire certainly up there form wise just now but think might be just too late. Spartans wi there games in hand must be strong favourites which is blatantly stating the obvious. You never know wi football though best of luck to yous. 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

BSC v Spartans next week somethings got to give there. Shire certainly up there form wise just now but think might be just too late. Spartans wi there games in hand must be strong favourites which is blatantly stating the obvious. You never know wi football though best of luck to yous. 

Spartans also have to play Shire twice

54 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

In fact other than Spartans and Selkirk I don't think we play another team from the top half of the table for the rest of the season.

You are correct upon checking HJ half way house thread you only have Spartans twice and Selkirk from the top 6 left to play. Those Spartans game could turn oot massive. Yous are certainly in wi a shout. 

Still too many imponderables really at this stage with 9 games left (or more in most cases due to cancellations/postponements)...

BSCG v Spartans next weekend and Spartans v EK at the start of February are "6-pointers", whilst BSCG v EK is the penultimate game of the season... 'Shire meanwhile as mentioned has only got 'bottom half' teams to play except for Selkirk and, perhaps vitally or perhaps not, both game v Spartans including finishing at home away to them on the last day... Added to that Spartans has more games-in-hand home to Stirling Uni and away to Dalbeattie.

Another interesting quirk is that Whitehill's 3 outstanding games are home to BSCG, EK, Spartans. Title won't be going to Ferguson Park but its direction could well be influenced in Rosewell.

Edited by HibeeJibee

3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Still too many imponderables really at this stage with 9 games left (or more in most cases due to cancellations/postponements)...

BSCG v Spartans next weekend and Spartans v EK at the start of February are "6-pointers", whilst BSCG v EK is the penultimate game of the season... 'Shire meanwhile as mentioned has only got 'bottom half' teams to play except for Selkirk and, perhaps vitally or perhaps not, both game v Spartans including finishing at home to them on the last day... Added to that Spartans has more games-in-hand home to Stirling Uni and away to Dalbeattie.

Another interesting quirk is that Whitehill's 3 outstanding games are home to BSCG, EK, Spartans. Title won't be going to Ferguson Park but its direction could well be influenced in Rosewell.

shire are away to spartans on the last game

5 hours ago, jinky said:

Cumbernauld still to play Ekfc & Spartans as part of the run in...aside from losing both league games to Shire the Colts have taken points from Spartans,Ek and Bsc so some difficult games ahead.

That' been the difference this year insteam of edinburgh city or East kilbride running away with it. Other teams getting results. Could be exciting finish to lowland league. 4 way race. Ok shire need a lot to go there way and go on good run. Probably in Spartans hands

It's good to win when you don't play so well. Thought Andy Grant and the much changed defence did well but a special mention for Andy Rodgers who knew the importance of a win and really stepped up his game after we fell behind.