The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

4 hours ago, kenny deuchar said:

Good on the Shire for giving them a chance and playing them at rugby.

You have to walk a few mins down the road for that. Unlike Selkirk's football team they're actually very good which is a tad worrying perhaps.

Edited by come on shire

I've just watched the highlights, no idea how we didn't score 20.

I think the way yesterday went if we had scored 20 they would have scored 21.
The penalty summed up yesterday perfectly after Jamie made the save there was at least three Selkirk players who could have put the rebound in and not a shire player in sight!
Ricky Miller always gave 100% as a shire player so It was a bit disappointing that he became the target of some shire fans frustration especially when half our team didn't turn up.

I think the way yesterday went if we had scored 20 they would have scored 21.
The penalty summed up yesterday perfectly after Jamie made the save there was at least three Selkirk players who could have put the rebound in and not a shire player in sight!
Ricky Miller always gave 100% as a shire player so It was a bit disappointing that he became the target of some shire fans frustration especially when half our team didn't turn up.

I loved Ricky at the shire. It's a shame it went that way yesterday.

We ship goals like its going out of fashion, today was no different. They did score some really good goals however. We have no defence, all our money was punted into getting an incredible attack but we now lack a defence. Also shout out to Sludden for apologising in the social club after, takes some baws. Some players looked absolutely dejected, namely Paul Sludden, Faulds, Drew Ramsey and Barclay. Others less so, probably the ones that will be out all night on the pish.

Can't be that incredible of a attack !!!

23 hours ago, luggy said:

Win the lowland league after that first half performance we better start looking where you go if you finish in the bottom two

Luggy, come on sir. No chance Shire are getting relegated.

Having said that, after hanging about the  SPFL basement for years and years, there's no right just to go straight back up. Infact, I think we've found our level tbh. Maybe not forever but PERHAPS for the forseeable future. No need to worry about a further drop. Just for the record though, I think it would be the East of Scotland league. No trips to Duns though, their senior set-up recently folded sadly. 

However, a silver lining would be the fish and chips in Eyemouth (Eyemouth Utd away trips) are absolutely exceptional. However, that's only in the event of an Eyemouth promotion or a cup-tie imo :) 

Edited by come on shire

6 hours ago, come on shire said:

Luggy, come on sir. No chance Shire are getting relegated.

Having said that, after hanging about the  SPFL basement for years and years, there's no right just to go straight back up. Infact, I think we've found our level tbh. Maybe not forever but PERHAPS for the forseeable future. No need to worry about a further drop. Just for the record though, I think it would be the East of Scotland league. No trips to Duns though, their senior set-up recently folded sadly. 

However, a silver lining would be the fish and chips in Eyemouth (Eyemouth Utd away trips) are absolutely exceptional. However, that's only in the event of an Eyemouth promotion or a cup-tie imo :) 

Have to mention the pies too. Like a mince round as we call them around here.

12 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Have to mention the pies too. Like a mince round as we call them around here.

Spot on. When you go to lower league football 100% worried about the result then you've forgotten how to have a good time and enjoy yourself.

I thought the Whitehill and Strollers trips were outstanding days out. We were well looked after by the board members and some great banter with the other players too. CSS even laid on a buffet for us. Also, we're winning more games as well. More fun than hanging out in the League 2 basement.

Edited by come on shire