Jump to content
craigiemack

The East Stirlingshire Thread

Recommended Posts

So... Sean Brown. What's the story from a Shire fan's perspective?

Have to say he didn't really look up to it in his limited appearances on loan at the tail end of last season but it was obviously pretty far from ideal circumstances. Think he's got what it takes to make it in League 1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

So... Sean Brown. What's the story from a Shire fan's perspective?

Have to say he didn't really look up to it in his limited appearances on loan at the tail end of last season but it was obviously pretty far from ideal circumstances. Think he's got what it takes to make it in League 1?

He's very good in the Lowland League. As for the jump up to the third tier for a team who are presumably aiming for the play-offs? I think he could do well, although I wouldn't want to rely on him as my main striker at that level. I hope he does well, I like Brown and I'm not surprised he's got a chance at a higher level.

6 minutes ago, the tin man said:

Is losing dishington to Spartans a blow

Yeah, Dish is a great player to watch, inconsistent admittedly but our entire team had been. It is very funny and pretty predictable that he's gone back to Spartans after we paid a chunk of cash for him only a couple of seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, craigiemack said:

RIP East Stirlingshires Dodgy Chinese Money, 2019-2021. Thankyou for the unhappy memories. 

Money man bailing out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both will be a big loss but not a shock. They were only with us cause we had the money, hearing Spartans offered dish a big wage so fair play.

Brown in time will be able to hack that level but quite a big jump up in quality the now. He was one of my fav players, possibly ever in a shire shirt, but we never really got to see much of him cause of injury and covid. Good luck to him 

The money's gone by the looks of things and what a disaster that was. And with it goes our last chance to probably ever get out the league at the right end. Next year might be a very difficult watch unless we get some decent players signed up. And with our crowds dwindling as they are, getting pumped week in week out is not going to help that at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Both will be a big loss but not a shock. They were only with us cause we had the money, hearing Spartans offered dish a big wage so fair play.

Brown in time will be able to hack that level but quite a big jump up in quality the now. He was one of my fav players, possibly ever in a shire shirt, but we never really got to see much of him cause of injury and covid. Good luck to him 

The money's gone by the looks of things and what a disaster that was. And with it goes our last chance to probably ever get out the league at the right end. Next year might be a very difficult watch unless we get some decent players signed up. And with our crowds dwindling as they are, getting pumped week in week out is not going to help that at all.

I doubt you are going to be pumped week in and week out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stenhousemuir have signed Jordan Tapping from yourselves. What did you make of him? Is he good enough to make the step up to League 2? I know he was on loan at Edinburgh City over the latter part of last season but I'm not sure how well he did.

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stenhousemuir have signed Jordan Tapping from yourselves. What did you make of him? Is he good enough to make the step up to League 2? I know he was on loan at Edinburgh City over the latter part of last season but I'm not sure how well he did.
Thanks in advance!
More than good enough. Huge loss for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAS 3 MAJOR PROBLEMS :- INJURY PRONE, HIS CONCENTRATION WANDERS &  SOMETIMES THINKS HE CAN DRIBBLE THE  BALL OUT OF DEFENCE & BEAT LOTS OF PLAYERS RATHER THAN JUST CLEARING IT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan Tapping making his way to the much better & bigger club. No brainer really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jordan Tapping making his way to the much better & bigger club. No brainer really.
Yawn.


Your time will come and when it does I'll be there loving every minute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yawn.


Your time will come and when it does I'll be there loving every minute
Was hoping for more than this but it will have to do.

Enjoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two good signings announced tonight - Kieran Gibbons, and the returning Connor Greene. Of last season's squad Gibbons and Reis Peggie would've been my pick to re-sign (aside from those already elsewhere), and Connor is one of my favourite Shire players, so pretty chuffed with that. 

The squad for next season so far:

GK

Ross Connelly

Iain Ure

DEF

Connor Greene

Greg McColm

MID

Craig Henderson

Andy Kay

David Churchill

Kieran Gibbons

Andy Shirra

FWD

Robbie Young

Dean Watson

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me laugh seeing today that Andy Rodgers has signed for Syngenta after all his talk after the playoff game. Kelty might be going up, but Andy Rodgers is going down! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A seemingly much better performance today. We have a decent enough squad and a young, hungry one at that.

I loved seeing Turner and Greene scoring today. Two of my fav ever shire players. It made me feel 14 again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

A seemingly much better performance today. We have a decent enough squad and a young, hungry one at that.

I loved seeing Turner and Greene scoring today. Two of my fav ever shire players. It made me feel 14 again.

good win for yous today. How many friendlies has shire played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...