The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

3 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Staying in dundee hasn't done your brain any favours emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I'm not doubting hes a very good player but he didnt fit in at all within our team. Our season collapsed literally the moment he stepped on the pitch this season, that wasn't a coincidence. Pound for pound one of our worst signings ever. 

All makes sense when you discover East Stirlings original name was "Brittania"...

Absolure scabs. Felt sorry for the club when finally relegated out L2, now just hope it continues getting even worse.

Aye. Always wished Shire well and hoped they'd build back and challenge to get back into the SPFL some day. Hope they rot now. Absolutely gutted for the decent Shire fans who've stuck by them. Shite way to be repaid.

According to our board this will “raise the profile of the league” and that's why we voted for it and not for the money. Absolute pish and absolutely no option for the fans to say anything about the matter before we voted, unlike multiple LL clubs. Only profile raising this is doing is completley negative against the league and all clubs who voted for it.

This has been pushed by the OF for years and they’ve got nowhere, give the LL 3 days and it gets passed. Absolute shambles from our board.

I am particularly disappointed by the club's total silence on this matter (aside from a comment in the fans facebook forum), both before and after the vote. At least the likes of Braves have owned it and backed their position publicly, Shire appear to have voted in favour and kept their heads down to try to avoid criticism. 

I certainly wont be attending any Colts fixtures in the next season, and it adds to my increased apathy that has crept in over the past year, tbqh. At least the club will have the thousands of Falkirk's local OF fans to pack the place out a couple times a season- I am sure they wont prefer to sit in their house or the pub and watch literally any other game on the days when their team isnt playing.

1 hour ago, Shirey Pirey said:

According to our board this will “raise the profile of the league” and that's why we voted for it and not for the money. Absolute pish and absolutely no option for the fans to say anything about the matter before we voted, unlike multiple LL clubs. Only profile raising this is doing is completley negative against the league and all clubs who voted for it.

This has been pushed by the OF for years and they’ve got nowhere, give the LL 3 days and it gets passed. Absolute shambles from our board.

It's certainly raised the profile of the league.

Unfortunately it's been raised in much the same fashion as the raised profile that Prince Michael of Kent currently enjoys.

2 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

I am particularly disappointed by the club's total silence on this matter (aside from a comment in the fans facebook forum), both before and after the vote. At least the likes of Braves have owned it and backed their position publicly, Shire appear to have voted in favour and kept their heads down to try to avoid criticism. 

I certainly wont be attending any Colts fixtures in the next season, and it adds to my increased apathy that has crept in over the past year, tbqh. At least the club will have the thousands of Falkirk's local OF fans to pack the place out a couple times a season- I am sure they wont prefer to sit in their house or the pub and watch literally any other game on the days when their team isnt playing.

The average OF fan doesn't even pay to watch the full teams. In what world does anyone think they'll pay to watch their second string u-20s vs Cumbernauld Colts.

36 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

The average OF fan doesn't even pay to watch the full teams. In what world does anyone think they'll pay to watch their second string u-20s vs Cumbernauld Colts.

Exactly, it's always been a delusional attitude to take with the colts - as evidenced in the Challenge Cup, which were more competitive and 'unique' or novelty games than this imo. 

A real embarrassment for the club to vote for that. The fans are a good bunch and deserve better from those running the club than to bend over and take the Old Firm dollar hard and deep.

Congrats to Kevin Nisbet who I think becomes the second ex shire player to go to a major tournament finals after playing for us (if you count Steve Archibald and his supposed one trial game) 

Nisbet played around 10 games for us in 2015 and pushed us to the brink of the League 2 promotion play offs - oh those halcyon days - scoring some memorable goals including a bergkamp esque number, a 25 year volley off the crossbar and a last minute winner on a Tuesday night up in Elgin. I don't think I'll ever forgive my mother for not letting me go that night.

Good luck to him, it's been nice seeing his progression since he played for us and I'm sure he wouldn't be where he is today if it wasn't for that 3 month loan spell playing with ballers such as Lord Jon Tully, the RH Lloyd Kinnaird and Sir Steven Brisbane 

On 19/05/2021 at 22:57, craigiemack said:

Nisbet played around 10 games for us in 2015 and pushed us to the brink of the League 2 promotion play offs - oh those halcyon days - scoring some memorable goals including a bergkamp esque number, a 25 year volley off the crossbar and a last minute winner on a Tuesday night up in Elgin. I don't think I'll ever forgive my mother for not letting me go that

That must have had quite some elevation on it.