The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

What a result.

I planned to finish work and watch the game 'as live' but sadly myplayer didn't allow me too. I've had problems every time i've used it and its really annoying. Mycujoo was a million times better than this. But I can let that slide for the result. I did not expect that at all. Another big week ahead of us and 2 wins would be an incredible return going into the BSC game later this month

Great result today. Outplayed a good Bonnyrigg side who had to resort to falling over in the box to try and get something.

It's a shame that the ref bottled the 2 penalty decisions. The worst challenge of the 3 wasnt given, he was lucky half time happened when it did as things were getting heated.

Poor Rossco conceding from thatpenalty is a shame...

BUT

We are yet to concede from open play.

So buzzin for Del and the lads

On 01/11/2020 at 16:41, MDM said:

Pretty sure the Vale players will be loving the ignorant and disrespectful comments above. Hopefully the innocent East Stirling players aren’t on the end of a dull one when the teams next meet.

Looks like the Vale players used the ignorant and disrespectful comments to their advantage by helping them get pumped up for their 5-0 pumping at the hands of fellow diddymen Gretna today. To the East of Scotland conferences you go. 

What a result yesterday! Had some pretty poor days against Bonnyrigg so good to be on the other foot for a change. Watsons finish for the first goal was very impressive and summed up his full performance. Special mention to Adam Murray as well who I thought played out his skin.

I don’t see how Bonnyrigg supporters can’t get frustrated with McGachie. He’s 6 ft odd and goes down quicker than a slappers pants. He was only really a slight concern yesterday incase he took yet another dive in the box as the referee was keen to give them (for both sides though). Absolutely no need for him pushing Adam Murray  into Connelly near the end of the game but wouldn’t expect anything less for a junior clogger like him. 

Massive few weeks ahead. If we can get past Colts and Berwick this week then the BSC game is huge. For the first time since our first season in the LL I feel like we could be pretty close come the end of the season but i’ll just take it week by week for now. 

On 07/11/2020 at 21:58, craigiemack said:

Looks like the Vale players used the ignorant and disrespectful comments to their advantage by helping them get pumped up for their 5-0 pumping at the hands of fellow diddymen Gretna today. To the East of Scotland conferences you go. 

Capture.PNG

29 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Hahahahahahaha I love that. For the record, I don't actually have a problem with Vale. I feel a bit sorry for them as the predicament there in isn't really their fault.

You certainly come across as you do. 

Another comment on Saturday night about them.

Your team were bottom of the Scottish leagues and were "diddymen"  for years. :P :whistle

On 07/11/2020 at 21:58, craigiemack said:

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You certainly come across as you do. 

Another comment on Saturday night about them.

Your team were bottom of the Scottish leagues and were "diddymen"  for years. :P :whistle

Only having a laugh newkie after the stuff he said about the Shire.

I've always said that without teams like Vale the LL wouldn't be what it is today. But the LL has outgrown Vale at an excruciatingly fast rate and as such they are now one of the teams that are bottlenecking the pyramid. 

Will the league be more competitive once Vale, Edinburgh Uni, Gretna go? Yes. Will these teams be more competitive once they are relegated? Yes and I'm sure it'll be better for their fans and committee when they are competing and not getting scudded every week as that's no fun for anyone as I'm sure you'll testify.

However, it's not any of these teams fault that the relegation from the LL is so complex or the fact a global pandemic halting the season this year. They'll go eventually but until then they'll just be making up the numbers like the shire were in the mid 2000s.

Very meh draw. Normally Shire v Locos would be a cause for great excitement due to Gordie and the Chuff Chuffs but this year not so much. 

Good points are it's at home and the Locos will only have played a handful of games. Negatives being we could've drew a much easier tie. Might be interesting to see how we match up against one of the Highland Leagues better sides too

I don't really care about the Scottish this year, I guess it's important as it's a great chance for the club to earn some much needed cash but I would hate for us to do well and end up drawing a dream away tie somewhere and we can't go to see it.

That was absolutely dire. It was like every positive attribute the team has shown this season just evaporated at the hour mark. Fair play to Colts for getting the win after going 2 down, but those were three soft goals to concede, and we totally lacked any creativity after Rodgers and Henderson went off. 

35 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Derek Ure out. Liquidate ESFC. Relegate us to the East of Scotland conferences with fellow diddies Vale of Leithen and Gretna 2008

If Gretna get relegated,  they won't 🙂.

Well not this season they would go to the South League not the East.

That was a great win today after the shambolic unraveling against the Colts. It keeps us right in the title hunt, its just so disappointing that we could/should be sitting 2 points clear at the top of the league. Robbie Youngs through ball for Dishs goal was excellent and its good to see Dish go on a little scoring run. Peggies first goal is another contender for goal of the month, a great strike, and Nicky Lows assist for Peggies second was inch perfect. Berwick have made it difficult for teams this year so its great that we managed to dispose of them comfortably and hopefully the players have learned their lesson after Wednesday. The big downside is Malones sending off, hopefully he'll only miss the Spartans game next week? but i'm unsure how the suspension rules work. BSC is our next league game and it would certainly be a difficult ask without Tapping and Malone.