The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I'll have pin badges for sale at the game on Friday at £2.50 each. 

Friday night games normally attract a few neutrals along and all they ever ask for is pin badges, especially the Germans! Well now I finally have some. 

I'll be the one, along from the pie stall shouting "Erra flags, hats and scarves!" 

FB_IMG_1567711110246.jpg

IMG_20181222_144054.jpg

I'll have pin badges for sale at the game on Friday at £2.50 each. 
Friday night games normally attract a few neutrals along and all they ever ask for is pin badges, especially the Germans! Well now I finally have some. 
I'll be the one, along from the pie stall shouting "Erra flags, hats and scarves!" 
FB_IMG_1567711110246.thumb.jpg.da18e6905009674bd9fa2422e7076c64.jpg
IMG_20181222_144054.thumb.jpg.ae029c0dd2becd62ac62f7fc571ea3c7.jpg

Is that badge pinned to a hairy arse nimmo?

On 16/10/2019 at 21:28, RampantFM said:

image.png.11ddb955f0e87317d041ef17f8d50ef7.png

image.png.49d20892ecafe7c97e7ea49e5408d77c.png

It's good someone had updated everything on wiki.

I do use wiki but it's not my favourite.

A few years ago I took it upon myself to update the Shire wiki page, correcting all the historical errors and updating history of players etc. However, persons unknown kept on deleting and changing my work and putting back in all the errors! Despite various pleas this continued time and again so I gave up as ultimately I had no control over the content. It is a sham as lots of good folks miss out on factually correct info instead of just the copying of errors. 

13 hours ago, Dead said:

It's good someone had updated everything on wiki.

I do use wiki but it's not my favourite.

A few years ago I took it upon myself to update the Shire wiki page, correcting all the historical errors and updating history of players etc. However, persons unknown kept on deleting and changing my work and putting back in all the errors! Despite various pleas this continued time and again so I gave up as ultimately I had no control over the content. It is a sham as lots of good folks miss out on factually correct info instead of just the copying of errors. 

I tend to just do the squad updates for the Lowland league teams but I've had a lot of stress with it too over the last year or so. due to the reasons you've mentioned. Argued a few cases with the moderators,  if you will. Now at a stage where my work isn't looked into too much cos it's seen as reliable but it was a long process. 

1 hour ago, RampantFM said:

I tend to just do the squad updates for the Lowland league teams but I've had a lot of stress with it too over the last year or so. due to the reasons you've mentioned. Argued a few cases with the moderators,  if you will. Now at a stage where my work isn't looked into too much cos it's seen as reliable but it was a long process. 

I'm glad you are doing it. I do keep squad records of my own for all the teams but it good to see if I have missed anything if you are keeping wiki up to date.

If u ever need any help re Shire players just give me a shout.

Well what a huge day this will be in the title race. From a shire perspective it’s a golden opportunity, we’re hanging on in there and somewhat creeping unnoticed as people concentrate on Kelty and Bonnyrigg but this is our chance to strike. Win our next two games and we’re top of the league and what a signal that would send out, especially with our games up to Christmas. I’ve gave the players some criticism this year, and rightfully so, but this is their time to stand up and be counted. They’ve battled well since our Scottish Cup exit but they need to show it against a big team, just hoping that Nicky Low and dare I say it Bobby Barr are for and ready to go.

For Kelty, they’ve went off the boil slightly recently but are still picking up the points and they’ll eye this as a chance to finish our ‘title challenge’ for good. Both teams have outstanding individual players that can change games in a blink of an eye but it’ll be whoever wins the physical battle that will prove victorious tonight.

Can’t help but feel tonight will have a massive say in where the title ends up come may. Will the shire finally turn up in a big game or will I be eating my sorrows away in the Earls Gate McDonald’s come 10 o clock this evening? It’s the hope that kills you...

Well what a huge day this will be in the title race. From a shire perspective it’s a golden opportunity, we’re hanging on in there and somewhat creeping unnoticed as people concentrate on Kelty and Bonnyrigg but this is our chance to strike. Win our next two games and we’re top of the league and what a signal that would send out, especially with our games up to Christmas. I’ve gave the players some criticism this year, and rightfully so, but this is their time to stand up and be counted. They’ve battled well since our Scottish Cup exit but they need to show it against a big team, just hoping that Nicky Low and dare I say it Bobby Barr are for and ready to go.

For Kelty, they’ve went off the boil slightly recently but are still picking up the points and they’ll eye this as a chance to finish our ‘title challenge’ for good. Both teams have outstanding individual players that can change games in a blink of an eye but it’ll be whoever wins the physical battle that will prove victorious tonight.

Can’t help but feel tonight will have a massive say in where the title ends up come may. Will the shire finally turn up in a big game or will I be eating my sorrows away in the Earls Gate McDonald’s come 10 o clock this evening? It’s the hope that kills you...

How was your big mac? Did you go large?

Nothing much between the sides with defences dealing with most stuff. Scrappy goal to win it but that's the type of game Shire need to learn how to win. 

Not sure that Jamie actually made a save other than crosses, much like the East Kilbride game. 

Kelty looking favourites at the moment.