The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

We were rotten today and the subs changed the game when they came on.

Huge 3 points considering how poor we were and it's winning ugly we struggled with in previous seasons.

Civil got everything they deserved today especially with the way their dugout kept shouting at ours.

The referee was horrendous for both teams and completely inconsistant.

3 points is 3 points though

The booking of our sub gk late in the game in our technical area was just1 other example of the ref's erratic card play today and the lack of control he had on the game as it progressed.

Very happy that we won a game that in the past would have slipped away from us.

Now comes the huge game in home hand v Kelty a week on Friday. Win that and we are even even more "on track". That game will be a strommer but tonight I'll just enjoy the toughed out win.

We were terrible today. However that being said it was good to see we actually have players on the bench who can change a game now, something which I can’t remember having for years. Keeping Sean Brown fit has to be priority by the looks of things.

Disappointed to see Andy get sent to the stands today, that and how he was at Broxburn really begins to ooze professionalism imo.

Still very exploitable areas in our squad and will be interesting to see what happens when we clash with Kelty

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

We were rotten today and the subs changed the game when they came on.

Huge 3 points considering how poor we were and it's winning ugly we struggled with in previous seasons.

Civil got everything they deserved today especially with the way their dugout kept shouting at ours.

The referee was horrendous for both teams and completely inconsistant.

3 points is 3 points though

Pretty much summed it up. Civil were impressive opening 15 mins but their theatrics were an embarrassment. The ref didn't deal with it

Agree with everything said, we were pretty horrible but got the 3 points. I’ve criticised the players for their lack of courage but yesterday they showed it and fair play to them.

I don’t like the one upfront tactic but I don’t really see how we can play any different, we need the defensive midfielder because miller and low don’t really get back. Obviously it would be great to get Sean Brown up front from the start but would he be as effective for 90 minutes as he is in the final half hour when he comes on. Win by win we’re creeping back into this, the Kelty game though I still feel makes or breaks the season. If we can somehow win that we are in a very good position.

Cmon the Shire

Took in the reserve game tonight. Our “big” squad was out in there numbers tonight with us starting with 1 sub, who was our manager! However have to say I never thought I would see the day where Andy Rodgers played a full 90 min at centre half and never even got a sniff of a booking! Even Derek managed 45 min and never even thought about putting a bad challenge in!
Nice to see Cliftonhill hasn’t changed though. Still an absolute dump

1 hour ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Took in the reserve game tonight. Our “big” squad was out in there numbers tonight with us starting with 1 sub, who was our manager! However have to say I never thought I would see the day where Andy Rodgers played a full 90 min at centre half and never even got a sniff of a booking! Even Derek managed 45 min and never even thought about putting a bad challenge in!
Nice to see Cliftonhill hasn’t changed though. Still an absolute dump

Cracking goal from Del tonight. 30 yard free-kick.

4 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Is Andy Grant still at East Stirling? Played against him when he was playing amateur but I’ve not noticed him in the team lines for a while. 

Your guess is as good as ours LoveFitbaw seems to have fallen out the team

Is Andy Grant still at East Stirling? Played against him when he was playing amateur but I’ve not noticed him in the team lines for a while. 

I’d be guessing he spat the dummy after losing his place in the team to Eddie Malone. Seen him tweet something about it before his brother David decided to get involved tweeting about players not turning up to big games. Some cheek coming from him if you ask me!

Someone told me they seen on his instagram last Saturday that he was posting photos in his story of him out drinking at about 3pm so if that’s his attitude then you struggle to see him getting back into the team. Never know though!

On 11/10/2019 at 18:50, Shirey Pirey said:

I’d be guessing he spat the dummy after losing his place in the team to Eddie Malone. Seen him tweet something about it before his brother David decided to get involved tweeting about players not turning up to big games. Some cheek coming from him if you ask me!

Someone told me they seen on his instagram last Saturday that he was posting photos in his story of him out drinking at about 3pm so if that’s his attitude then you struggle to see him getting back into the team. Never know though!

East Kilbride, Bonnyrigg, broxburn and BSC. Haven’t won a game so he’s not wrong?

East Kilbride, Bonnyrigg, broxburn and BSC. Haven’t won a game so he’s not wrong?

Wasn’t the point I was making. I was saying it’s some cheek from David as when he played with The Shire he could bang 5/6 in against all the diddies and would go missing against East Kilbride and co.

47 minutes ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Wasn’t the point I was making. I was saying it’s some cheek from David as when he played with The Shire he could bang 5/6 in against all the diddies and would go missing against East Kilbride and co.

Might have been the point he was making? 

Really? I know David through coaching my son on a Friday night, Ive asked him and he says he had 3 goals from 3 games against East Kilbride?

1 hour ago, Drogba1888 said:

Might have been the point he was making? 

Really? I know David through coaching my son on a Friday night, Ive asked him and he says he had 3 goals from 3 games against East Kilbride?

He would only have played against them for us twice, so he must be talking about another club. He did score when we beat them at the end of 16/17 but that was basically a dead rubber as EK were getting ready for the play-offs after winning the league. Didn't score against Spartans either iirc.

To be fair to him he was not the only player to not turn up in big games 

Edited by AlansHotBath