Number of points dropped by Lowland League champion
2013-14 ... Spartans ... 15pts
2014-15 ... Edinburgh City ... 9pts
2015-16 ... Edinburgh City ... 11pts
2016-17 ... East Kilbride ... 15pts
2017-18 ... Spartans ... 17pts
2018-19 ... East Kilbride ... 12pts
AVERAGE ... 13.2pts

How reliable a target this represents is affected by there seeming to be more 'quality' sides liable to take points off each other this season.

'Shire's games upto the cup dates in October are v Gala (A), Dalbeattie (A), Edusport (A), Vale (H), Civil Service (H).

Edited by HibeeJibee

Interesting in context of 'Shire dropping 8pts after 5 games:

Number of points dropped by Lowland League champion
2013-14 ... Spartans ... 15pts
2014-15 ... Edinburgh City ... 9pts
2015-16 ... Edinburgh City ... 11pts
2016-17 ... East Kilbride ... 15pts
2017-18 ... Spartans ... 17pts
2018-29 ... East Kilbride ... 12pts
AVERAGE ... 13.2pts

Oh phychic hibee jibee. 11 in a row for ek? Im straight down the bookies in the morning! Thanks for the heads up.

Today’s a difficult one to summarise, I think we were the better team overall but yet again we shite the bed against a decent team. I wouldn’t say either team dominated but Alan Martín was the busier of the two goalies and made a couple of fine stops. However, EK done what EK do - soak up pressure and then sucker punch and that was the case today although the defending from Shire was poor. Tapping and Greene were awful today, I wasn’t confident anytime the ball was near them and we never really looked comfortable.

Through all the negatives we’re still somehow only 6 points of the lead if we win our game in hand and we’ve played some of our tougher games on paper. It’s not all doom and gloom but our inability to beat the teams around us is certainly a cause for major concern. We now have a substantial run of games that we’ll look at and think we should win all the way through to Christmas but we can’t afford any more slip ups. If we do drop any more points I do think Derek Ures coat will be on a shoogly nail, if it isn’t already, he looked a defeated man at full time today.

Yesterday I don’t think The Shire played terribly and I think at 60 min the result could’ve probably went either way. Mark Miller was having a cracking game but seemed to magically disappear in the latter stages of the 2nd half. We don’t have any legs in the middle of the park and that has been our issue right from the start. Bobby Barr absolutely stealing a ridiculously high wage at this point imo. We made these “star studded” signings and I think our best signing thus far has been Matty Flynn, who came from a LL side!

I don’t think it’s all over just yet. We have had one of the hardest, if not the hardest, start of any team in the league so I was expecting us to drop points early on but having said that, I would’ve at least expected us to come away with some points from Bonnyrigg and EK. We must win every game till Christmas and then take it from there however something has to change when we come up against the big teams. Right now we are losing these games in the middle of the park and will be no where near the title if that keeps happening.

4 minutes ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Yesterday I don’t think The Shire played terribly and I think at 60 min the result could’ve probably went either way. Mark Miller was having a cracking game but seemed to magically disappear in the latter stages of the 2nd half. We don’t have any legs in the middle of the park and that has been our issue right from the start. Bobby Barr absolutely stealing a ridiculously high wage at this point imo. We made these “star studded” signings and I think our best signing thus far has been Matty Flynn, who came from a LL side!

I don’t think it’s all over just yet. We have had one of the hardest, if not the hardest, start of any team in the league so I was expecting us to drop points early on but having said that, I would’ve at least expected us to come away with some points from Bonnyrigg and EK. We must win every game till Christmas and then take it from there however something has to change when we come up against the big teams. Right now we are losing these games in the middle of the park and will be no where near the title if that keeps happening.

I've only seen the Shire one this season but legs in the middle was an obvious area for strengthening. Millar will be one of the best in the league but won't have enough in the tank for 90 minutes most games box to box.

17 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I was at your game today and yous were shite lol. You can always come support camelon next week against auchinleck 

Shame you never came along to see your own team at the San Fergie. Who knows, you may never get the chance again.

I seen a good post on the forum showing that we’re actually a point worse off than we were last year. The only difference is we’ve scored more goals. None of the big money signings have merited their wages yet. Dyer and Malone both had knocks and have been out for about 2 months, Peter macdonald has looked so off the pace, Low and miller both go missing when the going gets tough and don’t even get me started on Bobby Barr. If he left the club right now I honestly wouldn’t be bothered. There’s still time for it to click and maybe it will but at this moment there’s nothing that gives me an inclination that we could challenge for the title. Our only glimmer is the fact we’re possibly only 6 points off the lead despite playing some of our harder fixtures.

17 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

I seen a good post on the forum showing that we’re actually a point worse off than we were last year. The only difference is we’ve scored more goals. None of the big money signings have merited their wages yet. Dyer and Malone both had knocks and have been out for about 2 months, Peter macdonald has looked so off the pace, Low and miller both go missing when the going gets tough and don’t even get me started on Bobby Barr. If he left the club right now I honestly wouldn’t be bothered. There’s still time for it to click and maybe it will but at this moment there’s nothing that gives me an inclination that we could challenge for the title. Our only glimmer is the fact we’re possibly only 6 points off the lead despite playing some of our harder fixtures.

What amazed me yesterday was millar Flynn being that slow to get back on side and passes could have been played had they been in line quicker. It doesn't look like a team it looks like a lot of individuals. Time to improve though

Dyer is a complete fraud I'm afraid, if he isn't injured he's just mincing around looking uninterested. One of the worst I've ever witnessed at Dumbarton and I've witnessed my fair share of shiters over the years. Given that you have lumped him in with the "big money signings" I assume you're paying him a decent wedge? I know Barr was being offered more by yourselves than what we were willing to pay him but I assumed Dyer would just be on a bog standard wage.

Barr's a weird one. I wasn't all that arsed when he left us but he had his moments. I thought he'd do well in the Lowland League mind you.

Dyer is a complete fraud I'm afraid, if he isn't injured he's just mincing around looking uninterested. One of the worst I've ever witnessed at Dumbarton and I've witnessed my fair share of shiters over the years. Given that you have lumped him in with the "big money signings" I assume you're paying him a decent wedge? I know Barr was being offered more by yourselves than what we were willing to pay him but I assumed Dyer would just be on a bog standard wage.

Barr's a weird one. I wasn't all that arsed when he left us but he had his moments. I thought he'd do well in the Lowland League mind you.

I don’t know his wage but going by the fact he joined from league 1 id imagine he’s on a decent wage. He played the first game and was apparently decent but was injured in that game. I was told he was fine to play on our tour of Wakefield but was just being rested, it’s now a month on so who knows.

I don’t know his wage but going by the fact he joined from league 1 id imagine he’s on a decent wage. He played the first game and was apparently decent but was injured in that game. I was told he was fine to play on our tour of Wakefield but was just being rested, it’s now a month on so who knows.
He played 70 minutes of the reserve game and was on the bench tonight

On 25/08/2019 at 11:58, craigiemack said:

If you were at Gala on Wednesday I think you might have changed your mind about Low, Miller and Barr. All of them outstanding. Played some great football. Unfortunately not sure if that is the way to get out of this league.

If you were at Gala on Wednesday I think you might have changed your mind about Low, Miller and Barr. All of them outstanding. Played some great football. Unfortunately not sure if that is the way to get out of this league.

I really don’t think I would’ve. Being ‘outstanding’ against a poor Gala team doesn’t cover the fact they go missing against the top teams.

Gala weren't great they did try to bring something to the game, shire dominated Low and Miller dictated the Midfield and Flynn up front causing problems. Should of been more than 3 but 3 points that count.

Dalbeattie hasn't be a happy hunting ground for us over the years