The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

11 hours ago, PRS said:

The Shire re making some quality signings, but seems to me that a few are past their peak? Short term planning? 

It can only be short term planning in the Lowland League. You need to get out ASAP not have a 3 or 4 year plan in doing so.

Althought Kelty have made the 3 best signings for this league (Easton, Reilly, Austin) who will be a cut above I think the Shire have assembled a better all round squad. Will be scenes when Barry Ferguson is exposed once more as the fraud he is when Shire win the league.

It can only be short term planning in the Lowland League. You need to get out ASAP not have a 3 or 4 year plan in doing so.
Althought Kelty have made the 3 best signings for this league (Easton, Reilly, Austin) who will be a cut above I think the Shire have assembled a better all round squad. Will be scenes when Barry Ferguson is exposed once more as the fraud he is when Shire win the league.
Hope that's the case, would be nice to have the derby back.

Is this the third season in a row we've played BSC on the opening day?

Last year was a 1-1 draw at TFS (following the Challenge Cup game), season before the 3-0 loss at Ochilview iirc.

Anyway, difficult opening game, but we should be aiming for at least 7 points out those opening three games imo. The two after it are the games we should be winning regularly to finish top this season. Otherwise we're behind from the start yet again

7 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Is this the third season in a row we've played BSC on the opening day?

Last year was a 1-1 draw at TFS (following the Challenge Cup game), season before the 3-0 loss at Ochilview iirc.

Anyway, difficult opening game, but we should be aiming for at least 7 points out those opening three games imo. The two after it are the games we should be winning regularly to finish top this season. Otherwise we're behind from the start yet again

You have tough games in August with a trip to Bonnyrigg then at home to East Kilbride and a midweek trip to Gala

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You have tough games in August with a trip to Bonnyrigg then at home to East Kilbride and a midweek trip to Gala

Very true. Last two games are EK and Bonnyrigg as well. 

TBH I was looking down the list of fixtures and I was diffcult to pick out a big patch where you'd think "I'm confident we'll get a run of wins here". Shows how the league has improved these last few years.

This isn’t a diddy league anymore, there’s 5/6 teams that would easily hold their own in the League 2 or maybe even League 1. It is pivotal that we make a good start. If we win our first game we’ll be 3 points ahead of BSC, EK and Berwick meaning they’ll have to chase from the start. If we’re within 3 points of top at the Scottish Cup break then I’ll be very happy.

This isn’t a diddy league anymore, there’s 5/6 teams that would easily hold their own in the League 2 or maybe even League 1. It is pivotal that we make a good start. If we win our first game we’ll be 3 points ahead of BSC, EK and Berwick meaning they’ll have to chase from the start. If we’re within 3 points of top at the Scottish Cup break then I’ll be very happy.

If if if if if if, if your maw had baws she’d be your da.