The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

You’ve got a brilliant keeper there in Barclay, I’m surprised he isn’t playing a couple of leagues higher but, with all keepers, it’s essential to be happy at the club and he obviously is at Shire.

Nothing wrong imo having the young lad as No.2 and throwing him in the deep end when called upon. I refer thee to Iker Casillas and David Marshall, didn’t do them any harm 

7 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Just a reminder of your quote just over 3 months ago, in the second line.

As an outsider who watches quite a few LL and EOSL games when my own team isn't playing I would guess a top  5 or 6 finish for Bonnyrigg.

Can maybe see Spartans and Civil regressing a bit out of the teams in the top 6 last season , Spartans have lost a few players while Civil probably punched above their weight although they have a very good manager for the LL. Shire will be more in the title hunt this season.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Wow Bonnyrigg fans are #obsessed. Can see a few meltdowns coming when they inevitably draw at him to Vale of Leithen

Yip we were the same last season when came up after a season of leathering teams it’s a different ball game in the LL , gotta be on it every game or you will drop points to anyone , teams slot more organised and ready for the fight 

Yip we were the same last season when came up after a season of leathering teams it’s a different ball game in the LL , gotta be on it every game or you will drop points to anyone , teams slot more organised and ready for the fight 

No more brown paper envelopes and no more dodgy Lothian referees. I can see them being a little flustered, tread carefully or a relegation dog fight could be on the cards

33 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

No more brown paper envelopes and no more dodgy Lothian referees. I can see them being a little flustered, tread carefully or a relegation dog fight could be on the cards

I hope and think they will be ok, but you are dead right.

There will be at least 2 maybe more ALMIGHTY meltdowns coming out of NDP next season when they realise they ain’t a big dog anymore... it will be biblical, and I will be absolutely pishing myself while I read it unfolding, but they will eventually get over it and have a decent season ;)

I keep saying this, from my experience as a coach in the LL, the jump from junior to LL was huge. Although not many, particularly west fans, want to see it. We once experienced a manager sacrifice his left mid and play with two right backs (and no left mid) against our fullback after 35 minutes.... Needless to say it nullified our threat that day and we snatched a draw from the Jaws of victory.

The LL is tactically a different standard, teams manage games better, tactics change game on game, formations change game on game and generally each mistake made is punished, by every team not just the top of the table sides.

I don't doubt Bonnyrigg will do well, they are a very good side, but there are others investing well in their squads and some dark horses in the LL who tend to be consistent in their league positions. It will be a real challenge for them and is shaping up to be a very attractive league for the fans and neutrals this year.

Where is it the shire are playing these days? Still playing at Falkirk ground? 
Bit shite. I remember the days of going to see the shire as a kid. Hate ground sharing.

True story. I got in touch with the Shire about 5 years ago and asked if it would be possible to buy the team and what the options were for investment. I never got an email back. 

6 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Bit shite. I remember the days of going to see the shire as a kid. Hate ground sharing.

True story. I got in touch with the Shire about 5 years ago and asked if it would be possible to buy the team and what the options were for investment. I never got an email back. 

They probably thought you were just another obnoxious twat. :lol:

45 minutes ago, montreal_exile said:

Why would a football club entertain an offer to buy them from a rando who gets in touch out of the blue?

Did ye aye????[emoji6]

Incoming Transfer - Mark Millar

Shire tonight have agreed a fee with Largs Thistle for the transfer of Midfielder Mark Millar. 

Mark played in Largs Thistle’s recent junior cup final. 

Mark will be no stranger to the Falkirk Stadium having made over 110 appearances for Falkirk before moving to Dundee united. He started his career at Celtic before joining Ujpest (Hungary), Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Queen of the South, Livingston & Forfar Ath. 

Mark brings over 280 SPFL appearances and was a Scotland Under 21. 

East Stirlingshire would like to thank Largs Thistle for their help with this deal. 

Welcome Mark ⚫⚪⚫

Are you the international businessman?

9 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Incoming Transfer - Mark Millar

Shire tonight have agreed a fee with Largs Thistle for the transfer of Midfielder Mark Millar. 

Mark played in Largs Thistle’s recent junior cup final. 

Mark will be no stranger to the Falkirk Stadium having made over 110 appearances for Falkirk before moving to Dundee united. He started his career at Celtic before joining Ujpest (Hungary), Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Queen of the South, Livingston & Forfar Ath. 

Mark brings over 280 SPFL appearances and was a Scotland Under 21. 

East Stirlingshire would like to thank Largs Thistle for their help with this deal. 

Welcome Mark ⚫⚪⚫

The Shire re making some quality signings, but seems to me that a few are past their peak? Short term planning?