craigiemack

The East Stirlingshire Thread

I’m working in England for the summer again, just outside Bromsgrove, so hoping to make it up for the Saturday game. Can get a return for around £30/40 which is decent.

2 hours ago, Gimme said:

Spotted on twitter

Good wee piece. A few inaccuracies in what he says but good all the same. 

Dead, will be able to confirm a few of the details, but, if I remember correctly, the 12,000 crowd v Partick Thistle was at the previous ground, Merchiston Park. The old stand didn't burn down, it was merely replaced and Firs Park wasn't sold, it belongs to the shareholders, including myself. Unfortunately, the majority shareholder is Alan Mackin, the panto villain in the whole affair, who ran the club down, destroyed the ground and hoped to sell it, pocketing the cash for himself, Third Lanark style. 

All 3 have made cracking signings! Will be tight as hell for the top 4 for me.

And that is the main lowland league issue for the future. The top 4 will be clear of the rest taking the Ramsdens cup places so the rest of the league has he haw to play for.

Who next for the shire? Some good signings you have made so far.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:

And that is the main lowland league issue for the future. The top 4 will be clear of the rest taking the Ramsdens cup places so the rest of the league has he haw to play for.

:thumbsdown

Edited by gogsy

If the money continues to be spent then the top 4 will all be in the league so everyone will get a chance eventually

You don’t get any money for playing in the ‘Ramsdens Cup’ so I’m not sure it matters all that much. It just ends up being a hinderance

You don’t get any money for playing in the ‘Ramsdens Cup’ so I’m not sure it matters all that much. It just ends up being a hinderance
It's the crowds that help the smaller clubs. I watch Cumbernauld on occasions. Looking at this season ahead they are playing for nothing. No hope in hell of top 4 and don't expect religation. Just like others in the league. Not exactly easy to generate interest.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

It's the crowds that help the smaller clubs. I watch Cumbernauld on occasions. Looking at this season ahead they are playing for nothing. No hope in hell of top 4 and don't expect religation. Just like others in the league. Not exactly easy to generate interest.

You could say exactly the same about clubs like The Rangers, Everton, Aberdeen, Raith, Stirling and their ilk - teams that wont win their leagues next season and who most likely wont be relegated but somehow they'll keep going., keep on keeping on. Maybe you think they should all just fold before the season starts?

Its almost as if to some people improving the club on and off the field from the previous season is seen as being meaningless.

….and spunking money is no guarantee of success, just ask the Ballingry or Selkirk fans or indeed the Dundee United or Raith fans.

On 23/05/2019 at 10:59, AlansHotBath said:

Sounds very dodgy imho. Hopefully the league or the SFA step in and strip them of any recently won competitions, perhaps even going so far as awarding said competitions to whoever the runners-up happen to be? Happy to limit this to the last couple of weeks as a compromise

:lol:

12 hours ago, foreverarover said:
13 hours ago, craigiemack said:

What's the latest on cumbernauld did I read somewhere there was problems wi the stadium and you were looking elsewhere  ? 

Who are the guys backing the Shire are they foreign?

Apparently we were in for Barr and were blown out of the water money wise. Exciting times ahead down Grangemouth way.

42 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Apparently we were in for Barr and were blown out of the water money wise. Exciting times ahead down Grangemouth way.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An unusual compliment from a poster who looks like is shitting himself of a Shire revival :lol:

The Shire are  my wee team I certainly would not grudge them any success considering the shite they have went through over the years.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

"international business man" ;) Hes local though.

Edited by gogsy

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

"international business man" ;)

Barry Ferguson , the amount Keltys  paying him he can afford to subsidise The Shire lol

Edited by Kelheart
Spelling

52 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Barry Ferguson , the amount Keltys  paying him he can afford to subsidise The Shire lol

Nice of him to ensure the league is still a bit competitive next season, tbf. Any truth in the rumour he had a wee word in Darren O'dea's ear?