The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

To be fair to Whitehill, they are in a shitty position, but if they do go down it won't be connected to Selkirk at all, it'll be because Cove went up and Berwick came down in their place.

Way things unfolded, Whitehill would have been relegated regardless of Selkirk's demise this season, based on finishing second bottom and an additional Lowland area team added from above through the playoff.

Licence nonsense has been an unfortunate sideshow that it really shouldn't have been because of the SFA. That certainly isn't Whitehills (or Bonnyriggs) fault and that's what causing their unnecessary uncertainty.

Certainly needs to be resolved for both clubs pretty damn soon!

I have probably got my welfare tinted glasses on when it comes to this subject. They have been in the league with us right from the start and they were always the result i looked for after our own hence me hoping they get another shot. Understand how harsh that would be on bonnyrigg but just my own selfish opinion. Its shocking that these two teams dont know what league they will be in yet. Total shambles but not suprising.

28 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

According to my twitter it is 6 years since Tony Ford attempted to arrange a pre season friendly with Chelsea as part of the Eddie McCreadie deal. I’m still waiting for our away day to the bridge.

Now's the time to take them on, with our shiny new team and groovy strips. 

3 hours ago, craigiemack said:

According to my twitter it is 6 years since Tony Ford attempted to arrange a pre season friendly with Chelsea as part of the Eddie McCreadie deal. I’m still waiting for our away day to the bridge.

My friend's brother has the programme from the 'first leg' against Chelsea.

Here it is if anyone hasn't seen it before.

Also great to see the quality signings made so far, you could well be challenging this season, hopefully.

image.png

On 6/8/2019 at 21:23, craigiemack said:

I’d seen he had a horrible time at Dumbarton but hopefully the drop in levels gives him some confidence. Don’t get me wrong the LL’s no walk in the park but should be a stroll compared to League 1.

MacDonald should be a great signing and someone who I hope can score at important times. We are in desperate need of a big game striker, more so than ever next year. I seen Davie Grant on twitter saying that he got 40 goals in the season but they were all the against diddies and don’t get me started on how many chances he needed to get those goals.

I watch a lot of amateur games and he could easily step up again. I hear he has a few offers,way above your level. The amateur level is filled with jewels. Look at signings of EOS and Striling Albion

I know of one signing we have from the amateurs, not been announced yet. He was training with Shire last season. 

We had hoped to play him in one of our midweek bounce games, towards the end of the season but he picked up an injury with his amateur team on the Saturday. 

Definitely some good players at that level. 

58 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

I know of one signing we have from the amateurs, not been announced yet. He was training with Shire last season. 

We had hoped to play him in one of our midweek bounce games, towards the end of the season but he picked up an injury with his amateur team on the Saturday. 

Definitely some good players at that level. 

David grant?