The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Peter MacDonald will bring a wealth of experiance & nous to the Shire, good signing!  Matty Flynn - can't say I thought he was that good the couple of times I saw him for Edu. May be better with the team that shire are building now though.

Looking at Shire I know their was investment and yes its exciting for the season. I expected one or two star names from maybe league 2 and to bring in top standard Lowland League type players.  A lot of guys who have been championship and League 1. Not faulting the guys and good luck to the Shire. But if I was a shire fan, Yes I would be excited, but what is the long term future. When I look at Camelon our committees decisions for the long term. Young players obviously building up the youth structure.

I know Shire want back to the League but say they do it next year. Is this sort of Investment going to be their for the future?

Looking at Shire I know their was investment and yes its exciting for the season. I expected one or two star names from maybe league 2 and to bring in top standard Lowland League type players.  A lot of guys who have been championship and League 1. Not faulting the guys and good luck to the Shire. But if I was a shire fan, Yes I would be excited, but what is the long term future. When I look at Camelon our committees decisions for the long term. Young players obviously building up the youth structure.
I know Shire want back to the League but say they do it next year. Is this sort of Investment going to be their for the future?

No one knows the level of investment and quite possibly we may only have spent a small proportion of it, and the truth is without investment we were going bust anyway so let’s all strap in and enjoy it however long it lasts.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

So three auld guys signed, one who is nearly a pensioner and played in a bowfing Stirling Albion side last season, another who didn't get a game for his club after January. Nothing to worry about with those signings. ;)

Tempting fate Gogs :lol:

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Peter MacDonald will bring a wealth of experiance & nous to the Shire, good signing!  Matty Flynn - can't say I thought he was that good the couple of times I saw him for Edu. May be better with the team that shire are building now though.

Peaso will be a great asset to the Shire next season, vastly experienced pro. Things appear to be looking up for the Shire best of luck next season. 

3 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Willie Dyer aswell, things starting to take shape :thumsup2

Willie was absolutely dire for us, then disappeared for half the season with a mystery virus, one of the worst full backs I've seen play for us, never looked interested & I've watched James Creaney and Scott Smith play full back for The Sons

Maybe there's a player in there, stepping down a couple of divisions might help?

Peter McDonald should be a good addition for Shire though.

Feel free to use our Boaby Barr gif to wind up rival fans :P

SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif.2223e91e17e5fd1914fec3a160733d36.gif.55c8d9770925e7089edce007ada0f836.gif

Edited by Silverton End

I’d seen he had a horrible time at Dumbarton but hopefully the drop in levels gives him some confidence. Don’t get me wrong the LL’s no walk in the park but should be a stroll compared to League 1.

MacDonald should be a great signing and someone who I hope can score at important times. We are in desperate need of a big game striker, more so than ever next year. I seen Davie Grant on twitter saying that he got 40 goals in the season but they were all the against diddies and don’t get me started on how many chances he needed to get those goals.

Struggling to keep up with these new signings, it was much easier a couple of seasons go when we just had 15 players and used 12 of them.

One of the positive things for me is that a few of the guys we are bringing in have experience not only of the higher leagues, but of winning titles and getting promotions, which is a very valuable trait to have in the dressing room (and something EK and Kelty already have in their squad)

21 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
4 hours ago, peternapper said:
Is Andy Rodgers still getting the boots on, or he concentrating more on providing a calming influence from the dugout now.

He's listed on the website as signing up as a player/manager

Hopefully Andy & the Shire have a good season.

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

Struggling to keep up with these new signings, it was much easier a couple of seasons go when we just had 15 players and used 12 of them.

One of the positive things for me is that a few of the guys we are bringing in have experience not only of the higher leagues, but of winning titles and getting promotions, which is a very valuable trait to have in the dressing room (and something EK and Kelty already have in their squad)

I believe that is the crux.

Signing good quality players with a winning mentality. Also with a core of players who have achieved at SPFL level mixed with young players with the same drive.

Getting back to Division Two is a hard task but at least we are giving ourselves a fighting chance. Think it is a given that season 2019/20 with see a more accented difference in the League table between the teams actively striving for a chance at promotion and for those it is not a key objective.

It doesn't take an expert to work out that very shortly the Lowland League will  become one of the hardest Leagues to be promoted from but for teams that do succeed then they will have been battle hardened for the SPFL challenges that await them above.

I hope Shire are one of those teams that go up but until then going into our 4th season in the Lowland League  the forthcoming season has the feel of a League campaign with like minded teams with volumes of rival fans who want the same for their own teams. This is what footy is about. Bring it on !

I believe that is the crux.
Signing good quality players with a winning mentality. Also with a core of players who have achieved at SPFL level mixed with young players with the same drive.
Getting back to Division Two is a hard task but at least we are giving ourselves a fighting chance. Think it is a given that season 2019/20 with see a more accented difference in the League table between the teams actively striving for a chance at promotion and for those it is not a key objective.
It doesn't take an expert to work out that very shortly the Lowland League will  become one of the hardest Leagues to be promoted from but for teams that do succeed then they will have been battle hardened for the SPFL challenges that await them above.
I hope Shire are one of those teams that go up but until then going into our 4th season in the Lowland League  the forthcoming season has the feel of a League campaign with like minded teams with volumes of rival fans who want the same for their own teams. This is what footy is about. Bring it on !

Great post dead. Except for the comment about how the lowland league will very shortly become one of the hardest leagues to be promoted from. Its been like that for us for the last 7 years. I get where you are coming from with the influx of teams we are going to see in the coming years, but the fact only one team has managed promotion shows its been no walk in the park up until now. Next season is shaping up very nicely with teams adding real quality. All fighting for that one spot. Edusport have a nice wee ground sorted. All positive signs for season ahead. Hopefully welfare get another shot at it this season also. Wouldnt like to see them going down off the back off the selkirk shambles. Thats just my personal point of view but hopefully that can get put to bed either way and we can all look forward to the football season ahead. Bring it on.

Hopefully welfare get another shot at it this season also. Wouldnt like to see them going down off the back off the selkirk shambles. Thats just my personal point of view but hopefully that can get put to bed.

To be fair to Whitehill, they are in a shitty position, but if they do go down it won't be connected to Selkirk at all, it'll be because Cove went up and Berwick came down in their place.

Way things unfolded, Whitehill would have been relegated regardless of Selkirk's demise this season, based on finishing second bottom and an additional Lowland area team added from above through the playoff.

Licence nonsense has been an unfortunate sideshow that it really shouldn't have been because of the SFA. That certainly isn't Whitehills (or Bonnyriggs) fault and that's what causing their unnecessary uncertainty.

Certainly needs to be resolved for both clubs pretty damn soon!