The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Talking about clubs being "bankrolled" by individuals with a bit of money about them, who bankrolls BSC?

Is it not someone in the building/construction trade or something like that? I could well be taking shite though, as that seems like it would provide ample opportunity to have a dig about them not building their own ground, but I feel like I've heard that somewhere

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

Is it not someone in the building/construction trade or something like that? I could well be taking shite though, as that seems like it would provide ample opportunity to have a dig about them not building their own ground, but I feel like I've heard that somewhere

Pretty sure it’s Kenny Moyes (David Moyes brother) who bankrolls them. He’s listed as director of football on their website and was a director in the LTD company until he was banned from holding a directorship for tax dodging.

https://economia.icaew.com/news/october-2017/football-tours-operator-banned-over-tax-avoidance

Edited by pipedreamer

17 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Pretty sure it’s Kenny Moyes (David Moyes brother) who bankrolls them. He’s listed as director of football on their website and was a director in the LTD company until he was banned from holding a directorship for tax dodging.

https://economia.icaew.com/news/october-2017/football-tours-operator-banned-over-tax-avoidance

Sounds very dodgy imho. Hopefully the league or the SFA step in and strip them of any recently won competitions, perhaps even going so far as awarding said competitions to whoever the runners-up happen to be? Happy to limit this to the last couple of weeks as a compromise

The released/offered contracts lists are in and they are interesting viewings. Andy Rodgers told me on Sunday that they are only signing on players who have desire and want to do well, which is all any supporter wants. McCaughies release is the only one I feel a bit reluctance for, he appeared to have some potential whenever I watched him. Even though some of the players offered contracts lack in quality, it’s undoubted that they give their all which is why they are being kept on. For example, Fraser Neave was played on Saturday because Rodgers/Ure knew he’d give his all - despite not being played in his preferred position. It’s a disappointment that our three signings from last summer have departed but they weren’t what this club needed, not at this time anyway. I wish them the best of luck but now we’ve got to look to the future, hopefully there’ll be some ‘mouthwatering’ signings in the near future.

7 hours ago, craigiemack said:

The released/offered contracts lists are in and they are interesting viewings. Andy Rodgers told me on Sunday that they are only signing on players who have desire and want to do well, which is all any supporter wants. McCaughies release is the only one I feel a bit reluctance for, he appeared to have some potential whenever I watched him. Even though some of the players offered contracts lack in quality, it’s undoubted that they give their all which is why they are being kept on. For example, Fraser Neave was played on Saturday because Rodgers/Ure knew he’d give his all - despite not being played in his preferred position. It’s a disappointment that our three signings from last summer have departed but they weren’t what this club needed, not at this time anyway. I wish them the best of luck but now we’ve got to look to the future, hopefully there’ll be some ‘mouthwatering’ signings in the near future.

Where can the lists be viewed?

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Where can the lists be viewed?

As above, I'm disappointed McCaughie has not been kept on, even as someone to bring on as a sub, which was a role he did regularly for us. The rest of the confirmed releases are not too surprising, none of them are regulars, and I'm not sure McFadden has ever actually had a game for us?

Edited by AlansHotBath

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

As above, I'm disappointed McCaughie has not been kept on, even as someone to bring on as a sub, which was a role he did regularly for us. The rest of the confirmed releases are not too surprising, none of them are regulars, and I'm not sure McFadden has ever actually had a game for us?

Likewise I thought McCaughie would be retained, especially as we are planning a reserve team next season. He was involverld in more games last season that anyone barr Jamie Barclay.

I have also put the list onto the club website.

https://eaststirlingshirefc.co.uk/archives/4979

33 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Is Kris Faulds being kept on? He’s not mentioned last night. I don’t know if he was on a 2 year deal or not.

Heard a rumour that Linlithgow were interested in him.