The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Rodgers doesn't want to chase the ball and just gives up. When Tapping got sent off would have probably been better taking Rodgers off and putting Brisbane on because their was 3 of them up their not getting back.  Grantys a big miss. Be Lowland League next season for Shire.

Rodgers never chased the ball last season but still scored 35 goals, as for the Lowland league on tonight's performance maybe start having a look at the East of Scotland.

1 hour ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Lost David Grant, we seem to be a yard off the pace too. Every team knows how we play and we have no plan b!

To be fair, Chris Geddes has the uni playing well but we are a joke.

Went along tonight and actually said that to someone. Shire were I suppose a "surprise element" in the LL last season but now everyone has sussed out how they play.

Grant has been a big miss for Shire this season.

I would agree that Geddes has a decent side at the Uni this season.

Went along tonight and actually said that to someone. Shire were I suppose a "surprise element" in the LL last season but now everyone has sussed out how they play.
Grant has been a big miss for Shire this season.
I would agree that Geddes has a decent side at the Uni this season.

I personally think Jamie Glasgow is the bigger miss than Grant.

I had forgotten about Jamie Glasgow as your a regular you'll know more about it than me. You seem like night and day from last season either way.

Last season there was a real feel good factor going on which pretty much carried us all season although in the end we still won he haw, this season there is a reality set in about where the shire find themselves and it clear so far that our summer signing have not improved us.
Anyway you would know this as your at more shire games than 50% of our support, hope the £4 pie was worth it.

10 minutes ago, luggy said:

Last season there was a real feel good factor going on which pretty much carried us all season although in the end we still won he haw, this season there is a reality set in about where the shire find themselves and it clear so far that our summer signing have not improved us.
Anyway you would know this as your at more shire games than 50% of our support, hope the £4 pie was worth it.

I don't go to that much:lol: just like to take in neutral games when Cowden arn't playing, been at Spartans, BSC and Whitehill (although they were playing Shire:lol:) in the LL so far as well.

It wasn't £4 for a pie £2 something but I know what your getting at re the prices at the Falkirk Stadium.

Good luck for the rest of the season anyway.

Gutted about the result. Thought there were players last night who didn't deserve to be on the losing side but as a whole we just didn't play well enough for 90 minutes. One or two need to take a look at their attitude aswell.

We definitely look like we miss Glasgow and Grant going forward as we just aren't enough of a threat to teams anymore.

All we can do at this point is move on to the next game and hope for an improved performance but it looks like we could be in for a tough season

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

On a positive note, Tweedmouth only charge £3 to get in to their games. Even cheaper football in the East of Scotland League. Might take in them vs Tynie today

Don't think yous ll ever get that bad? 

Hawick took thumping today what's your guys thoughts on Tully taking over doon the Albert Park. Sure to improve??? 

12 hours ago, luggy said:

I don't have a personal grudge against granty in fact the lad brought in to replace him is nowhere near as good a player as granty.

Kelbie a cracking player but felt he wasn't the same player once he left camelon. 3 years In and out of the rose team. At camelon he was star man.he held ball up and could do something to changer it. He has to have right player next to him. At camelon he had Colin Allison whow done all the running for him. At lithgae total different style and Tommy coyne wasn't going to do the running for him

Don't think yous ll ever get that bad? 
Hawick took thumping today what's your guys thoughts on Tully taking over doon the Albert Park. Sure to improve??? 

Tully is obviously desperate to get back into management and with him having the shires relegation from the league on his record his options would be very limited and with Hawick being as poor as they are it may be a good place to try and rebuild his management career I just hope he has learned from his mistakes and improved his man management skills.

What's the feeling among the Shire support on the future of the manager? Will he stay and fight on, and more importantly do you want him to stay?

In my opinion he has done a decent job up til this point, and probably deserves the time to get things right. From what I've seen you are still playing well, but maybe not as clinical as last season?

What's the feeling among the Shire support on the future of the manager? Will he stay and fight on, and more importantly do you want him to stay?
In my opinion he has done a decent job up til this point, and probably deserves the time to get things right. From what I've seen you are still playing well, but maybe not as clinical as last season?

I dont think there will be a single shire fan out there who will be calling for Sludden to be sacked. We haven't been as clinical this season and we didn't really strengthen the squad. Take into consideration how well some of the other teams have recruited and there's the gap closed.

Don't see what changing the manager would do, the shire are in desperate need of a magic money tree then everything will be fine.

A bit midfield orientated on Friday night but 4 good goals.  The aspect that will be disappointing for us I'd think was the time and space Uni had to score their goals.  I confess I was looking at my phone when the 2nd was scored so will need to watch it back but heard it was something of beauty.  However, you must argue that there was most likely acres of space afforded to him. 

Sludden and Mooney are doing this management gig for the love of the game for limited money and on a limited budget (I'd think).  The players are also playing for their love of the game for limited money too.  However, as far as I'm concerned everyone involved is trying their best so that's all I'll ask.  I like the job the gaffer's doing.