• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
craigiemack

The East Stirlingshire Thread

I think fisher was offered a contract, unsure though. Very pleased with Dolan resigning, gives us two very strong goalkeepers to build from.

Well he was offered contracts by a couple of teams in League 2, which technically is above your level, so I can't understand why you took the time and effort to write such a ridiculous post.

"Technically" means f**k all. I was responding to a post which suggested he wasn't League 2 level and therefore was finding his level at linlithgow. He could have stayed at East Stirlingshire and retained his level because moving to Linlithgow is absolutely not a step down in comparison to staying in the lowland league. We need better than "he's not good enough for league 2" which is not my assessment.

"Technically" means f**k all. I was responding to a post which suggested he wasn't League 2 level and therefore was finding his level at linlithgow. He could have stayed at East Stirlingshire and retained his level because moving to Linlithgow is absolutely not a step down in comparison to staying in the lowland league. We need better than "he's not good enough for league 2" which is not my assessment.

Ah, okay I get your point. When I spoke to him he told me that Linlithgow was his preferred choice. Not as much travelling involved as it was Berwick and Montrose who were after him. I'd imagine that you'll probably pay better than these clubs and you will be in contention for several trophies so I don't blame him for moving.

I do think that he can be harshly judged, he is an excellent shot stopper and saved us so many times last season, but rather than focus on that he gets slated for his distribution and the occasional howler. He'll do well at the Rose!

Barnard is a proper keeper but i think over the season Darren just shaded it for a starting place 

Or problems last season were not in the goalkeeping dept 

Would agree there, they both have their pros and cons. We lacked consistency last year, particularly at the back with our goalkeeper and defence changing almost every week.

Think it's also worth noting that Barnard did a lot of things behind the scenes for the club including managing the team towards the end of the season when Tully and the team were away watching Edinburgh City.

Pity he didn't manage them when we played Ed City

Has Max Wright signed for anyone yet. I know Annan were interested in him at the start of last season.

Rumours were Elgin, nothing confirmed though.

Not a lot happened in the past week but signings are supposed to be announced today. The first off which confirmed by the club is the resigning of Greame MacGregor from Linlithgow Rose, who should be able to do a competent job at LL level. Dean Shaw has also confirmed on Twitter that he has signed from Stenny. Chris Townsley on the other hand has returned to Spartans, although a very good player his injury problems are getting worse and worse so don't think he'll be as big a miss.

We also have a friendly against Queens Park at Lesser Hampden, which will be a good test before the season starts.

Hopefully he will do better for you than he did for the Rose. An imposter with the heart of a mouse.

Hopefully he will do better for you than he did for the Rose. An imposter with the heart of a mouse.

He was at the shire before, didn't rate him at all. It's amazing to think he was a youth international too!

Mid Annandale in some cup, I have no idea who they are.

Play in Locherbie.

I thought when MacGregor played RB he was a very good player, as he did when we were top of the league till Christmas time a few years ago. It's when he was moved to CM/CB that he was a terrible player as the games just bypassed him.

Also getting teams like Mid Annandale is one of the things I'm looking forward to most in the LL, the chance to play new teams and new grounds etc. Would expect us to pump them however.