The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

The problem the Shire have is whether they can stay ahead of Bo'ness, Lithgae and possibly even Camelon in pecking order terms now they are senior clubs as well. The opportunity that provides is some big local derbys that keep the club relevant in a way that I can tell you having been at the old Shire Park plenty of times wasn't necessarily always the case as an SFL club.

26 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Dont't think East Stirling will be in any danger of relegation until there is two relegated from league, could be a few seasons before that becomes a possibility.

I think the two-relegation spaces will come into play if/when a West of Scotland league gets set up and there's even more ex-Jrs chomping at the bit to move up.

Is there still the chance that two teams can get relegated this year if the HL champs relegate a Lowland-bound team from SPFL2? Or has Selkirk being chucked out messed that up further? 

Either way I'm confident we will stay around the 9th/10th spot for the rest of the season. 

54 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I think the two-relegation spaces will come into play if/when a West of Scotland league gets set up and there's even more ex-Jrs chomping at the bit to move up.

Is there still the chance that two teams can get relegated this year if the HL champs relegate a Lowland-bound team from SPFL2? Or has Selkirk being chucked out messed that up further? 

Either way I'm confident we will stay around the 9th/10th spot for the rest of the season. 

14th and 15th have the possibility of being relegated this season. Although due to the vacancy created by Selkirk they'd have the opportunity to apply for membership.

The possible scenario on this is that team 42 (for the sake of argument lets call them Albion Rovers) are from south of the Tay, while the promoted club is from the HL. That would mean an extra team might need to be jettisoned. Strongly suspect the Shire would win any vote over filling the Selkirk vacancy. Big loser under that scenario would probably be Whitehill Welfare as they would then lose out on that vote. There's a fair to middling chance the EoS and SoS champions both won't be licensed, at which point second last would have nothing to worry about.

West of Scotland Junior teams that currently have floodlights and the junior levels they are in. Not many of them will be in a position to top the West region in the forseeable future and of the teams that probably could, not many will be looking to get floodlights.
The following have floodlights (tier of the west each club is in included)

Ardrossan (3)
Ashfield (4)
Benburb (2)
Carluke (4)
Cumnock (1)
Gartcairn (3)
Greenock (3)
Maryhill (3)
Petershill (1)
Port Glasgow (3)
Renfrew (1)
Rossvale (2)
Rutherglen (2)
Shotts (3)
Whitletts (2
To add to this Holm Park is getting lights so both Yoker & Clydebank should have lights for next season

That was some game today. I was not expecting such a blockbuster finale after what was a pretty dull first hour or so. Kelty deservedly ahead and cruising until their keeper was sent off and Rodgers came on for us. No idea who even scored the third goal, but I was amazed how easily we got the ball up the park given Kelty only needed to see out another minute.

Still though, well done to the Shire lads today for not giving up, even at 3-2

That was some game today. I was not expecting such a blockbuster finale after what was a pretty dull first hour or so. Kelty deservedly ahead and cruising until their keeper was sent off and Rodgers came on for us. No idea who even scored the third goal, but I was amazed how easily we got the ball up the park given Kelty only needed to see out another minute.
Still though, well done to the Shire lads today for not giving up, even at 3-2
Graeme McGregor got the 3rd, confirmed on twitter.

Unreal today, what a difference from last week! Its good for the boys to do it without Del on the park too.

Just got breath back lol decent affair but thought we imploded after sending off cruising it till then but FairPlay to shire well done  on that comeback 

Think that ends our involvement in title race as EK not looking like slipping up but still loving this league 

6 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Just got breath back lol decent affair but thought we imploded after sending off cruising it till then but FairPlay to shire well done  on that comeback 

Think that ends our involvement in title race as EK not looking like slipping up but still loving this league 

To be honest, today’s results ends everyone’s involvement in the title race.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

As soon as EK get 3 or 4 points clear, they have it in the bag. They were a sure thing before this weekend.

EK v Cove match-up awaits.

10 hours ago, PELE said:

How are East Stirlingshire likely to fare over the next few seasons? Is it a real struggle to compete now?

I miss you guys.

League is getting stronger all the time. Once the stronger teams from the Junior grade filter through it will be same standard as League Two and a tough league to get out of. 

A good competitive league for any team dropping down to. 

No reason why Shire can't compete like any other club in this division and get back up the league. Money is going to be important but people and hard work matter just as much.