The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

37 minutes ago, Lowland team said:

Hey did these joke clubs vol.broomhill.gretna.both uni's cumb colts.css. not vote to extend the application date so bonnyrigg who won the eos league could make the licence deadline to be promoted.they also voted not to cancel the lower pyramid play offs which in turn allowed boness to be promoted the spfl stopped kelty's and brechin.

If I remember correctly the SFA moved the goalposts when the Rose won the EoS.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

14 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

If I remember correctly the SFA moved the goalposts when the Rose won the EoS.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Your memory is wrong.the posts were not moved the rule stated the licence must be in place for end of march the lowland extended that till may and told the sfa what they were doing.everybody and their dog new flooding was included when the rules were send out in January.noticed however you never mentioned promotion for boness. and apologies for highjacking shires thread but there are some blinkered people. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am very excited to attend today's big game in the 5th tier, the one everyone is talking about - East Stirlingshire vs Bo'ness United in the LL Cup semi-final. Based on the previous two I'm sure it will be a good game, although I've no idea what result to expect - Bo'ness recent good form has given me cause for concern, but Shire have routinely surprised in big moments this season and are a match for any team in the league on their day.

The BU's recent good results have been a pleasant surprise. Injuries and absences have meant the team has picked itself and the 11 on the pitch have given their all.

Be interesting to see if the BU manager changes things to accommodate returning players like Skinner, Galbraith and (a hopefully fit) Mitchell or sticks with the guys who have toughed it out the last few games.

Mon the BU ' s !!!

Huge game today. Would be so disappointing to end what has been in my book quite a decent season with a loss in a semi final. Think it’ll be really close, we’re missing a few players today and would not be shocked if it goes to penalties. 

Kieran Offords pace against the BUs centre half’s may well make the difference. I’ll be tuning in via bet365 live updates praying for suspended betting on Shire ‘dangerous attacks’. What a thrill 

A real game of 2 halves Craigiemack. First half was 1-0 but should have been 4 to 6 nil to The Shire such was their dominance. Shire forwards broke through the BU defence at will time after time.
Second half the BU scored a 22+ yard free kick to equalise against the run if play and The Shire swagger disappeared. BU then took the lead with a brilliant dribble by Nicol setting up Mitchell to score the winner.

Lots of niggle and general silliness after that with it being a derby game. Watched it through blue tinted spectacles but reckon it was an entertaining game for the neutrals.

Absolutely agree Dave. Very disappointing second half for Shire after being completely in control in the first. Both Bo'ness goals were great, though, and we never really tested your keeper after going behind. 

Gutted that we didn't make it, but good luck in the final next week. 

On 23/04/2022 at 11:55, Lowland team said:

Hey did these joke clubs vol.broomhill.gretna.both uni's cumb colts.css. not vote to extend the application date so bonnyrigg who won the eos league could make the licence deadline to be promoted.they also voted not to cancel the lower pyramid play offs which in turn allowed boness to be promoted the spfl stopped kelty's and brechin.

Think you'll find those issues were actually dealt with by the LL board rather than by a vote of the member clubs.

Yeah, really no way to look at the result today as anything but a disappointment. We could've had the game won in the first half and couldn't lift our performance again in the second the way Bo'ness did. I thought the game was still fairly equal in the second half, but those two goals in 5 minutes killed us, and as Bo'ness figured out a way to keep Offerd quiet we had no real attacking threat and no clear way back into the game, especially in the later sections when Bo'ness went into full game management/cheating mode (delete as appropriate depending on your club allegiance).  

39 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Yeah, really no way to look at the result today as anything but a disappointment. We could've had the game won in the first half and couldn't lift our performance again in the second the way Bo'ness did. I thought the game was still fairly equal in the second half, but those two goals in 5 minutes killed us, and as Bo'ness figured out a way to keep Offerd quiet we had no real attacking threat and no clear way back into the game, especially in the later sections when Bo'ness went into full game management/cheating mode (delete as appropriate depending on your club allegiance).  

Cheating mode do explain the shire had a 12 th man in the 1st half with the linesman that failed to put his flag up when shire player was offside at least 4 times 

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Cheating mode do explain the shire had a 12 th man in the 1st half with the linesman that failed to put his flag up when shire player was offside at least 4 times 

I'm not sure how a linesman getting offside calls wrong is one team cheating? Unless we paid him off, in which case we should've paid him more

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A real game of 2 halves Craigiemack. First half was 1-0 but should have been 4 to 6 nil to The Shire such was their dominance. Shire forwards broke through the BU defence at will time after time.
Second half the BU scored a 22+ yard free kick to equalise against the run if play and The Shire swagger disappeared. BU then took the lead with a brilliant dribble by Nicol setting up Mitchell to score the winner.

Lots of niggle and general silliness after that with it being a derby game. Watched it through blue tinted spectacles but reckon it was an entertaining game for the neutrals.

All season our inability to score goals and hold onto leads has been our downfall and it finally cost us big time today. A few weeks ago against berwick Offord ripped Scobbie, Balatoni and Pyper apart and I was hoping for more of the same today on the big pitch but wasn't to be. 

Good luck in the final, a promising end to what has no doubt been a slog of a season for you guys. 

We finally build a decent team where a few good close season signings could propel us into challenger territory but that will not be the case. Gibbons the first of what I presume will be many heading for the door. Boy a know said he turned down decent money from Bo'Ness to join whatever the name of the club playing in Alloa are called now. 

Gibbons is a great player, it is no coincidence that our defensive record improved dramatically over the last couple of season and I wish him well. 

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

We finally build a decent team where a few good close season signings could propel us into challenger territory but that will not be the case. Gibbons the first of what I presume will be many heading for the door. Boy a know said he turned down decent money from Bo'Ness to join whatever the name of the club playing in Alloa are called now. 

Gibbons is a great player, it is no coincidence that our defensive record improved dramatically over the last couple of season and I wish him well. 

Aye very disappointing. Was really hoping we might kick on next year but probably another season of being not quite good enough beckons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2022 at 14:07, SLClyde said:

Andy Rodden has signed for us, any good?

Pretty decent player, one of our better this season. Good at set pieces and got a decent strike on him when the opportunity arises. Surprised hes went as high as League 1 but good luck to him. Can't be any worse than some of your recent signings from us 😂