The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I am nervously excited for the big cup tie today - Bonnyrigg are the better team overall, but I don't think we are a million miles apart, and we are in good form coming into this, it is well within our grasp to win it if the lads can rise to the level of their better performances from this season.

Also looking forward to the trip up to East Stirlingshire(wonder if the sat/nav will recognise it) The weather is looking decent for the game and would expect Robbie to be able to chose from a fit full squad. Big Kieron McGachie will be looking forward to renewing acquaintances with the opposition who from previous matches have been terrified of him. As usual it will be a close encounter.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Disappointing, Bonnyrigg were simply better and able to do everything they needed to better. The space they had in our third for the first and second goals was absolutely ridiculous. Losing two so quickly allowed them to slow the game down and keep control without much hassle. 

I have to question the logic of switching to a back-three for this game, not necessarily in principle, but I think this is the first time we've played that this season and switching to an unfamiliar formation in the biggest and probably toughest game of the season is dangerous. Out adherence to passing out from the back is increasingly frustrating as well - we aren't good enough to do it, never mind against a team like today; and what little joy we did get up front came from playing quick balls up to Healy and Watson (who, very small silver lining, looked potentially really good as a front two). I am not sure how many times we tried to pass it short from Connelly to Gibbons, who immediately passed it back under pressure so Connelly could just hurriedly punt it nowhere, or indeed what it was supposed to accomplish. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ABZ Football Podcast said:

Hi - we run an Aberdeen FC-podcast, looking for an East Stirlingshire fan who'd be willing to give up 5 minutes of their time to feature in an upcoming segment we have dedicated to one of our mutual ex-players.

If you fancy it, drop us a DM on twitter - @AbzPodcast

Cheers!

If I wasn't in Australia, I'd put my hand up for this.... Are we allowed to take a guess as to the players identity, or is it under wraps for now?