The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

52 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Yeah, very entertaining and it was great being back at an actual live game. Not quite sure what to make of either team for the season ahead, admittedly.

We are a brand new team with just 1 player from last year. We were missing a few players as well. Shirra and del changed the game for yous. Del absolutely clattered those young boys 

4 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

We are a brand new team with just 1 player from last year. We were missing a few players as well. Shirra and del changed the game for yous. Del absolutely clattered those young boys 

I had to leave a bit early to catch a train, so I missed Del coming on (and the equaliser), but that sounds believable. 

I knew Camelon were a brand new team but I was impressed by how organised and together they looked in the first half particularly, all things considered.

All the best for the season ahead! 

32 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I had to leave a bit early to catch a train, so I missed Del coming on (and the equaliser), but that sounds believable. 

I knew Camelon were a brand new team but I was impressed by how organised and together they looked in the first half particularly, all things considered.

All the best for the season ahead! 

Yeh kind of lost a wee bit when lewis mcarthur number 6 went off injured. 

It's hard to read into pre season games but when we have Watson on the park we seem to be a decent team. 

I often wonder how we mightve been if ure stayed on as a player rather than become manager. It's impressive, and equally worrying, that he still has the ability to change games at his age and level of match fitness

15 hours ago, craigiemack said:

It's hard to read into pre season games but when we have Watson on the park we seem to be a decent team. 

I often wonder how we mightve been if ure stayed on as a player rather than become manager. It's impressive, and equally worrying, that he still has the ability to change games at his age and level of match fitness

Del was lucky not to get sent off. Talking to the ref after the game he said he was in two mind whether to do it. It was two young boys only thing it will toughen them up playing against someone like that

• 3 weeks later...

A really positive start to the season at a place we've historically always had difficult games at. Getting the game wrapped up early in that heat would've been a big bonus as I heard we just seen the game out in the second half.

Only downsides being that we could've been 3-0 up and playing against 9 men for an hour, a chance to really rack up a score, but a couple of stupid sending offs stopped that from happening. At least they'll only miss the Vale game.

Wednesday gives us a really good opportunity to pile in the goals again and hopefully be top of the league by 10pm on that night. Our yearly week at the top of the table is arguably my favourite week of the year in my uneventful life and I hope I get to experience that thrill again.

I like the look of our squad this season and hopefully we can kick on and have a good year. Not expecting any title challenge but to get in the top four and qualify for the UEFA SPFL Trust Cup would be a solid showing.

Edited by craigiemack

And shout out to Ross Connolly. One of the best signings we've made in recent times. Another clean sheet. I think he may have more clean sheets than games he's conceded in. A different world to the time where we would concede at least a goal a game no matter what diddies we were playing.

On 18/07/2021 at 23:40, craigiemack said:

And shout out to Ross Connolly. One of the best signings we've made in recent times. Another clean sheet. I think he may have more clean sheets than games he's conceded in. A different world to the time where we would concede at least a goal a game no matter what diddies we were playing.

I love the way he communicates with his defence you dont see many keepers do that these days.

• 4 weeks later...

I think a draw is a decent result, CSS created far more chances and were unlucky not to score more than 1, imo. They look like a really good time, very organised and their front 3 is impressive, I think they will remain near the top of the league for the rest of season if they can keep that up. 

1 hour ago, AlansHotBath said:

I think a draw is a decent result, CSS created far more chances and were unlucky not to score more than 1, imo. They look like a really good time, very organised and their front 3 is impressive, I think they will remain near the top of the league for the rest of season if they can keep that up. 

Cheers for the update AHB. Not quite hard times for Shire this year but 5th or 6th looks to be about our ceiling. 

Was really impressed with us yesterday, especially after such a dissapointing result mid week. I do think we made it more difficult than it needed to be and that 3-2 flattered Spartans, however no complains with 3 points. Was great to see Kevin Turner start and thought he really helped Watson and Healy play their game. Thought all three of them had a really good game but Healy was absolutley outstanding and MOTM for me. He had to be kicked off the park just to be stopped! 

Must admit I did think Turner was lucky to get away from that early challenge without a card (red or yellow) and Spartans can have absolutley no complaints about Bolos red, as much as the VL runs their twitter thinks differently. His match report was embarrasing! 

Huge few weeks for us coming up and hoping we can keep up those kind of performances, not to mention that we were missing both our captian and vice-captian yesterday! 

We've signed the lad playing as a trialist for us in the past weeks.

What a fascinating career - PSG Youth system, the lower leagues of England including playing futsal, 3rd tier American leagues, and VoL. 

Edited by AlansHotBath

Is he really 26? He looks about 50, and his experience would indicate he's been around for a couple of decades at least. What do those who've seen him play reckon, a good signing? I can attest that the lower American leagues are fucking terrible, so that doesn't fill me with much confidence.

The Shire formation has looked a lot more solid in the last 2 matches and from that we have been the better team in both matches. 

Today we controlled the match and it wasn't until a counter attack from a Shire corner that Dalbeattie got back into the match. 

The home fans went a bit radge when Shire made it 3-1 but either it was

a) a hand ball cleared off the goal line by Jack Dickinson and a sending off + a penalty 

or

b) the ball was over the line (per the linesman) and a goal.

They were most unhappy that the goal was given but forgot immediately about the potential penalty and sending off. From my position at the halfway line it was a) but the guys closer including, some home fans, to the goal line said the ball was definitely over the line.

Guinenly don't think the game was won or lost by this moment in the match as some home folks were stating to the officials as they came off the pitch at Ft. Shire deserved the win today without this incident.

Edited by Dead