The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

5 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

A real character in lower league football, Bill Duncan aka "Mad Bill" has passed away following his battle with cancer. 

Football will be a lot less colourful. 

RIP Bill 🏴🏳️🏴🏳️🏴

FB_IMG_1613266224661.jpg

Awfy sad news. Met him at Ferguson Park, very passionate and vociferous for his club. Plastic bag I believe was never out his hand at the fitba as well. Characters like this are few and far between nowadays. Rest in peace Bill. 😥

Albion Rovers v East Stirlingshire over the last 20 years must be some of the worst games and lowest attended in scottish football,

Bill was always there and always recognisable,

After you got over his gruff apperance and colorful language he was an absolute gentleman, who I had a few laughs with in pubs,

Will be missed by many at the rovers

A real character in lower league football, Bill Duncan aka "Mad Bill" has passed away following his battle with cancer. 
Football will be a lot less colourful. 
RIP Bill [emoji1022]🏳️[emoji1022]🏳️[emoji1022]
FB_IMG_1613266224661.thumb.jpg.cd1cd411f3a3c7a2e67bcfff07baffd6.jpg

Sad sad news. Remember first time seeing “mad bill” at kpark. He done my nut in for the full 90 minutes. But i loved it. Its folk like bill that make football at our level what it is. A real character who clearly loved supporting his team. Rest in peace bill. The sidelines will be a far quieter place without you.

Aye, a genuine good guy Bill. I'm sure everyone has their tales of him. I remember one time he was rendered speechless- it was an Edinburgh City v Shire friendly. Mathilde Peace was running the line and was getting plenty of "advice" from Bill. So she turned round and told Bill to "mind his language as their are children present". The look on Bill's face was priceless. 

He would also be found supporting his daughter, a not bad striker with Boroughmuir Thistle, at women's league matches on Sundays. 

Aye, a genuine good guy Bill. I'm sure everyone has their tales of him. I remember one time he was rendered speechless- it was an Edinburgh City v Shire friendly. Mathilde Peace was running the line and was getting plenty of "advice" from Bill. So she turned round and told Bill to "mind his language as their are children present". The look on Bill's face was priceless. 
He would also be found supporting his daughter, a not bad striker with Boroughmuir Thistle, at women's league matches on Sundays. 

Linesmen and women of the lowland leauge will be sleeping a bit easier tonight tam. He used to give them pelters.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/02/2021 at 13:11, tamthebam said:

She was always fond of Bill when reffing Boroughmuir games too, asking him to stand behind the fence beside the rugby pitches at meggetland 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
Sean brown admitting he wants to join east Fife in the summer in his first interview for them. Hope he doesn't score any goals for them and has no option but to stay with us [emoji106]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] cant blame him for wanting to play league one

2 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png cant blame him for wanting to play league one

Hahahah I know, I'm only having a laugh. Hope he does well, he's one of my fav shire players I've seen. Shame that we won't get a fee or anything for him though. Would not be surprised if he ended up in the Championship or lower prem later on in his career tbh 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, cfor56 said:

Nicky Low signs for Arbroath next season.
Didn't think we'd see him in a Shire shirt next season.
Great player. We'll miss him but best wishes.

I would be surprised if a lot of the guys out of loan atm came back. 

I still maintain last season we were better without Low in the side than with him. I wish him the best but I'm not heartbroken he's gone.

Not sure if Shire guys know but John SLudden passed away. He had been ill for a wee while
Thanks for letting us know. That's sad for his family.
Surprisingly not seen anything from the club.

8 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Not sure if Shire guys know but John SLudden passed away. He had been ill for a wee while

Really sorry to hear that. He can't have been that old.

Our first season in the LL under John was one of my favourites as a Shire fan. Probably the most fun the team has been to watch in a few years. And the season after he oversaw that 5-0 win over EK. I know he was highly thought of at Camelon as well. 

Terrible news about John Sludden. A really nice guy and 57 is no age to go.

His spell as manager might not have went as everybody wanted but it was still full of great times and memories. The frontline of Rodgers, PJ Sludden, Davie Grant and Jamie Glasgow was frightening at times. It was a pity our defence just wasn't up to it, if Townsley and Fisher hadn't jumped ship then things may have been very very different.

Condolences to his family and friends and especially to his youngest Marc, an absolute tragedy to lose your dad at such at such a young age.

The Shire as a club have lost quite a few great people associated to the club over the past year and I hope we get the chance to pay our respects to them once fans are allowed back to games.