The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Defensively we were a shambles and we got what we deserved,  Hopefully Tapping and Malone aren't that far away for a return. Even when pulling a goal back there was still no reaction to getting more goals as we couldn't keep back door shut, Another difficult game awaits away to stirling uni 

Much better yesterday and very surprised we managed to keep Jamie Penker so quiet. He never really looked like scoring. Would like to hope with our games coming up we can go on a bit of a run until the crunch games just after Christmas.

On a side note, I may be wrong but I still haven’t seen the club even publicly acknowledge the death of Billy Harvey. If I’m correct that’s shocking from the club considering how long he's supported us.

Edited by Shirey Pirey

Can East Stirlingshire finally go top of the league tonight or will we manage to spectacularly bottle it for a third time. We've been so inconsistent recently and I don't think we can afford any more slip ups. We have a great run of fixtures coming up but we need to take maximum points from.

Looking forward to it. Caley braves are a decent side but we should have enough to comfortably beat them if we turn up 

Yeah, I've really no idea what to expect from tonight. Braves have started this season poorly, but they have Ross McNeil back and picked up a win against Cumbernauld Colts last week (albeit against 10 men for the most part).

We are very inconsistent at the moment and this is the type of game we usually f**k up, but also played really well last weekend. 

Can East Stirlingshire finally go top of the league tonight or will we manage to spectacularly bottle it for a third time. We've been so inconsistent recently and I don't think we can afford any more slip ups. We have a great run of fixtures coming up but we need to take maximum points from.
Looking forward to it. Caley braves are a decent side but we should have enough to comfortably beat them if we turn up 

Im going for bottle. Mcneil double in a 2 nil win.

Wasnt able to watch tonight but it sounds like a good, drama-free win. Looking forward to the highlights.

Also good to see Watson and Tapping back again 

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

East Stirlingshire 3-0 Caledonian Braves

Dolled out my £5 again.

'Shire comfortable throughout - early goals each half, another to be sure, go top.

Braves very poor - biggest disappointment of season? - and flirting with dropzone.

I cant see them being relegated given how poor a couple of the other teams are this season, but definitely well below what would've been expected and hoped for by them.

Great to see Shire on top of the pile even if it’s just for the one night. Can’t help but think what might have been if we hadn’t given those points away against Cumbernauld. Still there’s so many evenly matched sides at the top that we still have hope if a few of them draw against each other and we can nick some wins like we did against BR.

From the Shire Facebook page, Scottish Cup update

Unfortunately due to the SFA Cup broadcast rules Shire TV will not be covering the game LIVE on Saturday v Inverurie Locos Works. 
The match will be filmed and highlights will be available at a later point.

Given the current restriction that are in place the club are disappointed not to be able to stream the match live to you.

12 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

From the Shire Facebook page, Scottish Cup update

Unfortunately due to the SFA Cup broadcast rules Shire TV will not be covering the game LIVE on Saturday v Inverurie Locos Works. 
The match will be filmed and highlights will be available at a later point.

Given the current restriction that are in place the club are disappointed not to be able to stream the match live to you.

Its disappointing that this rule is in place for Shire and everyone else in the Cup this weekend. 

If wonder if this rule will be reassessed when clubs up the leagues start to get involved and crowds still aren't allowed back in serious numbers?

Its disappointing that this rule is in place for Shire and everyone else in the Cup this weekend. 
If wonder if this rule will be reassessed when clubs up the leagues start to get involved and crowds still aren't allowed back in serious numbers?
It's been reversed now, glad that common sense has been applied

5 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:
6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Saw that, great news 

15 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
21 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

It really concerns me that the people in charge of our game thought it was acceptable in the first place!  Surely someone, somewhere should have said / recognised that they were killing the one source of fund generating some clubs had?

3 hours ago, MDM said:

It really concerns me that the people in charge of our game thought it was acceptable in the first place!  Surely someone, somewhere should have said / recognised that they were killing the one source of fund generating some clubs had?

Don't think it had anything to do with the people in charge. They were bound by the terms of their contract with IMG who hold the media rights.

23 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Don't think it had anything to do with the people in charge. They were bound by the terms of their contract with IMG who hold the media rights.

I'm thinking that whatever was done to allow the clubs to stream now - should have been discussed and sorted before telling the clubs they couldn't....and then they could.

For me the people in these positions should have pro-actively sorted out permission, realising that the streams are so important.  The fact that they didn't makes me think they are in a position that they really shouldn't be in....