The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Craigiemack

If the red card was for :-   Serious Foul Play ,  Violent Conduct or Biting or spitting at someone then it's a TWO GAME ban effective immediately in any competition. (He would miss the Spartans cup game and the BSC Glasgow league game)

If the red card was for :-Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or a goal scoring opportunity ,  Offensive insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or Receiving a second caution in the same match then it's a ONE GAME ban effective immediately to the next match in the Competition where the sending off offence was reported.   He would miss the BSC Glasgow game as that is the Lowland League fixture.

Hope that helps. If you want to learn more the suspension rules and periods are available here https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7039/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21-sep-2020.pd at page 136 onwards. 

30 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Craigiemack

If the red card was for :-   Serious Foul Play ,  Violent Conduct or Biting or spitting at someone then it's a TWO GAME ban effective immediately in any competition. (He would miss the Spartans cup game and the BSC Glasgow league game)

If the red card was for :-Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or a goal scoring opportunity ,  Offensive insulting or abusive language and/or gestures or Receiving a second caution in the same match then it's a ONE GAME ban effective immediately to the next match in the Competition where the sending off offence was reported.   He would miss the BSC Glasgow game as that is the Lowland League fixture.

Hope that helps. If you want to learn more the suspension rules and periods are available here https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7039/scottish-fa-jpp-2020-21-sep-2020.pd at page 136 onwards. 

Cheers Dave. Appreciate that. Kind of what I expected but was somehow hoping that it would be all competitions so he would only miss the Spartans game but never mind.

Good luck this season. I hope you keep the good form going and win the league. It definitely looks like it will be more of a dogfight at the top for once, instead of one club pulling away. Very exciting season. Just hope it's not us in the play offs!

I think this year has been enjoyable because every team is capable of beating each other bar Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Vale. For years, a few dropped points early in the season pretty much ended your hopes of promotion but this year might end up being one of the lowest winnings totals. 

Do I think we'll win the league? No but we're playing some decent stuff and its a better brand of football than last year. I think we'll end up 3rd or 4th which would still be a decent enough season. However, if we finish the season as strongly as we usually do then we could have an outside chance of the title. Huge game against BSC next, win that and they could be out of the title race for good and we have some favorable ties leading up to Xmas so you never know. Just got to take it a game at a time and hope for the best.

26 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

I think this year has been enjoyable because every team is capable of beating each other bar Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and Vale. For years, a few dropped points early in the season pretty much ended your hopes of promotion but this year might end up being one of the lowest winnings totals. 

Do I think we'll win the league? No but we're playing some decent stuff and its a better brand of football than last year. I think we'll end up 3rd or 4th which would still be a decent enough season. However, if we finish the season as strongly as we usually do then we could have an outside chance of the title. Huge game against BSC next, win that and they could be out of the title race for good and we have some favorable ties leading up to Xmas so you never know. Just got to take it a game at a time and hope for the best.

The two games over the festive period could be season defining for both our clubs.  An interesting scenario.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
2 hours ago, boheesian said:
The two games over the festive period could be season defining for both our clubs.  An interesting scenario.

Boheesian, the First Round of the Scottish Cup is on 26 December 2020 . Be surprised if East Stirlingshire and the BU's both lost their preliminary round games.

Hadn’t seen the next round date. Ah! Well will settle for beating them the following week. 

and btw Nicky Low deserves a rocket up the arse. Embarrassing we pay him hundreds of pounds a week for that utter shite, the fact he comes off the park laughing about it too - hes a class player but a waste of a jersey most of the time.

and btw Nicky Low deserves a rocket up the arse. Embarrassing we pay him hundreds of pounds a week for that utter shite, the fact he comes off the park laughing about it too - hes a class player but a waste of a jersey most of the time.
You need to get your eyes checked man [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

57 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

You need to get your eyes checked man emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I can only see out of one now so maybe its that or..

No goals or assists in any games against a 'big' side last year, spends half his time shooting from half way, slows the tempo down. We didn't lose a goal this year till he came back in and we completely lose our shape when he plays as he doesn't work back defensively. The penalty tonight was an embarrassment, I don't think i've ever seen a worse one

ETA: I still think hes a class player, perhaps the best technically in the league. But hes a passenger and in this league you cant carry them.

Edited by craigiemack

I can only see out of one now so maybe its that or..
No goals or assists in any games against a 'big' side last year, spends half his time shooting from half way, slows the tempo down. We didn't lose a goal this year till he came back in and we completely lose our shape when he plays as he doesn't work back defensively. The penalty tonight was an embarrassment, I don't think i've ever seen a worse one
ETA: I still think hes a class player, perhaps the best technically in the league. But hes a passenger and in this league you cant carry them.
You must've seen a different Nicky Low from me tonight then [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] minus the pen obv

I dont agree with the fact he's a passenger. He was top of our assist charts last year with 13 I'm sure.
Club captain for a reason, he's a leader on and off the park.
He's beeb playing up front so why should he be tracking back as much?

Absolutely dreadful. Defending is absolutely shocking and we have been opened up far too easy. Then we push forward, and no one tracks back. Half time substitutions were absolutely shocking and Andy Rodgers should be no where near centre half.

Thats 3 out of our last 4 games that have been dreadful. Anyone who can defend the management for that is deluded. 

The difference between the first part of the season up until 60-odd minutes into the cumbernauld game, and everything since, is bizarre. It's like two totally different teams.

I dont think the blame lies entirely at the feet of Low, but honestly it's no coincidence we've been worse since he came back regularly. A lot of the success we had in the early games was through pressing and pressuring teams in their own half, and he wont do that so it undermines what needs to be a team effort. He's also apparently too good to take penalties properly and has now missed two big opportunities that could have changed both games.

Injuries and bizarre substitutions haven't helped either. I can't see us beating Stirling Uni this weekend.