The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Pretty sure the Vale players will be loving the ignorant and disrespectful comments above. Hopefully the innocent East Stirling players aren’t on the end of a dull one when the teams next meet.

Already happened. Straight red for a bad one on Gibbons at the weekend.

Nothing disrespectful, they're out of their league and need to find their level. As do Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and others

And as we did in League 2

2 hours ago, MDM said:

Pretty sure the Vale players will be loving the ignorant and disrespectful comments above. Hopefully the innocent East Stirling players aren’t on the end of a dull one when the teams next meet.

Nothing we've said is wrong hahaha

47 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

Already happened. Straight red for a bad one on Gibbons at the weekend.

Nothing disrespectful, they're out of their league and need to find their level. As do Gretna, Edinburgh Uni and others

And as we did in League 2

Just be careful what you wish for there are some big teams now in the EoSFL and WoSFL. 

As a matter of interest would you be East or West wi yer rented stadiums or would you be able to pick the stadium you play in? 

Very surprised at this and yer other mate Selfy !

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Just be careful what you wish for there are some big teams now in the EoSFL and WoSFL. 

As a matter of interest would you be East or West wi yer rented stadiums or would you be able to pick the stadium you play in? 

Very surprised at this and yer other mate Selfy !

And when those teams come in we'll find our level too. People are always quick to have goes at the 'closed shop' SPFL but the Lowland isnt much better, if anything its worse. The sooner they bring in 2/3 teams going down a year the better for the league and the better for the pyramid.

1 minute ago, craigiemack said:

And when those teams come in we'll find our level too. People are always quick to have goes at the 'closed shop' SPFL but the Lowland isnt much better, if anything its worse. The sooner they bring in 2/3 teams going down a year the better for the league and the better for the pyramid.

👍 I still say a visit to Innerleithen is better than Peffermill or Forthbank though. All about opinions and I hope you do well this season. Be good to ruffle up the usual suspects 😏

[emoji106] I still say a visit to Innerleithen is better than Peffermill or Forthbank though. All about opinions and I hope you do well this season. Be good to ruffle up the usual suspects [emoji57]
I've never forgiven the LL for relegating Whitehill.

You're right. Peffermill, Broadwood, Forthbank and Edusport's souless cage are worse days out.

I just believe all clubs will find their level, this reshuffling isnt a bad thing

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

👍 I still say a visit to Innerleithen is better than Peffermill or Forthbank though. All about opinions and I hope you do well this season. Be good to ruffle up the usual suspects 😏

Yeah I'm not saying its not. I've never been to Vale and I would like to go. I'm sure it's a much better place to watch football than Falkirk Stadium, Forthbank, the Soulless Cage or Broadwood. However, on ability Vale as 2 tiers above their level and are somewhat stagnating the pyramid by their existence in the LL. I know its not their fault and without teams like them the LL may not have existed but the sooner Vale, Gretna, Edinburgh Uni etc are out the league the better the standard will be. 

1 hour ago, stepupandplay said:

What are Shire fans’ thoughts on Robbie Young thus far? It seems he has scored 3 goals in pre season, bagged himself a big contract and has not scored again since.

The way you have worded that makes it seem like you have some personal vandetta against him. Interesting.

He hasn't scored yet but he hasn't had an awful lot of chances. He missed a sitter against Dalbeattie which I'm sure if he had again he would've scored with ease. His first touch can be lacking at times but he put in a great cross for Wyldes goal at Dalbeattie. A pretty average start to his career with us but his goal against Linlithgow in pre season shows that there is definitely a player in there and once he gets his first league goal I'm sure he'll get a few more.

I said a few weeks ago before EK that it was our biggest game in the LL. As our run keeps on going the importance of every game rises and yet again I feel today is the biggest day in our LL history. First and foremost a win is a must. We'll never get a better chance to beat a top 4 side. We have all the confidence in the world while Bonnyrigg have drawn their last 2 and are without their most creative player. A win would pretty much end their title chances even at this early stage. Similarly though, a loss for us would all but end our title shot unless Kelty drop points against EK.

We have a genuine chance of either being top of the league on Wednesday or being able to go top if we win our game in hand and the psychological boost that could give would be massive.

Nicky Low is also available today which poses Del a massive dilemma. We've spent 4 years trying to find a winning formula and we finally have it, do we rip that up to fit in our best player or do we stick with what has for us here in the first place. Personally I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on to change the game if need be in the second half.

We've been here before many times with the shire. Sliding door moments, chances that we've never grabbed. This is a golden one today, especially considering we have 5 very winnable games in our next 6. 

Anyway that was my heart talking. With my head I can't see anything but a draw but I really,really hope we can somehow edge this one. 

Mon the Shire.

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

I said a few weeks ago before EK that it was our biggest game in the LL. As our run keeps on going the importance of every game rises and yet again I feel today is the biggest day in our LL history. First and foremost a win is a must. We'll never get a better chance to beat a top 4 side. We have all the confidence in the world while Bonnyrigg have drawn their last 2 and are without their most creative player. A win would pretty much end their title chances even at this early stage. Similarly though, a loss for us would all but end our title shot unless Kelty drop points against EK.

We have a genuine chance of either being top of the league on Wednesday or being able to go top if we win our game in hand and the psychological boost that could give would be massive.

Nicky Low is also available today which poses Del a massive dilemma. We've spent 4 years trying to find a winning formula and we finally have it, do we rip that up to fit in our best player or do we stick with what has for us here in the first place. Personally I'd keep him on the bench and bring him on to change the game if need be in the second half.

We've been here before many times with the shire. Sliding door moments, chances that we've never grabbed. This is a golden one today, especially considering we have 5 very winnable games in our next 6. 

Anyway that was my heart talking. With my head I can't see anything but a draw but I really,really hope we can somehow edge this one. 

Mon the Shire.

I agree, I don't think Low should start - not sure what his fitness will be like, and the midfield we've started the season with has proven themselves and deserve to start today. Plus we have very little players on the bench who can change a game if we do go behind.

The last thing I want is Low just being directly brought in for either Gibbons or Peggie - I've mentioned before (I think for the EK game) I'd prefer to see us drop one of the strikers and put Low in with those two as part of a midfield three. 

Plus, we have a winning formula atm, and if it was most other league games, it's fine to tinker a bit, but against Bonnyrigg I'm not so sure.

Aside from that the team pretty much picks itself - with Tapping out I'd stick with the back 4 from last week, and no reason to change from Henderson and Dishington on the wings.

I cant remember the last time I thought Shire had a genuinely good chance at winning a big game against a top team like this. It'll be difficult, but I think we can edge it. While I dont quite think a loss would sink our season just yet, it would be massively dispiriting and I feel like it would carry over into the next few league games, which are looking difficult as well.

Edited by AlansHotBath

27 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I agree, I don't think Low should start - not sure what his fitness will be like, and the midfield we've started the season with has proven themselves and deserve to start today. Plus we have very little players on the bench who can change a game if we do go behind.

The last thing I want is Low just being directly brought in for either Gibbons or Peggie - I've mentioned before (I think for the EK game) I'd prefer to see us drop one of the strikers and put Low in with those two as part of a midfield three. 

Plus, we have a winning formula atm, and if it was most other league games, it's fine to tinker a bit, but against Bonnyrigg I'm not so sure.

Aside from that the team pretty much picks itself - with Tapping out I'd stick with the back 4 from last week, and no reason to change from Henderson and Dishington on the wings.

I cant remember the last time I thought Shire had a genuinely good chance at winning a big game against a top team like this. It'll be difficult, but I think we can edge it. While I dont quite think a loss would sink our season just yet, it would be massively dispiriting and I feel like it would carry over into the next few league games, which are looking difficult as well.

100% agree. Team should pick itself with Watson and Kearney or Rodgers up top. I'd start Kearney as he is physical and then bring Rodgers on to add spark later on.

Low can either be brought on to add creativity or shore up the midfield depending on how the game is going.

Excellent game so far. Chances for both sides and a good midfield battle. Watson's goal and play to win the penalty have been excellent. His link-up with Rodgers has been good as well - looking like an excellent addition to the squad so far.

I think both pens were soft but cases where if you leave a leg out the opponent will take advantage. 

Just exhaled for the first time since 4pm. What a performance that was, every player giving it their all and stepping up when needed. That's what was needed today, that's what has been missing from games like this in the past. Bonnyrigg had a lot of pressure, but aside from a cross narrowly missing McGaughie as it passed the goalmouth I don't think we gave them any clear chances. 

If the first 40 mins had played out last season we'd have been sunk by giving away a pen that soon after taking the lead and never got back into it. To get up and take the lead again minutes later is fantastic.