The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Never been back to Shire Park since the last ever fans game a year after the club had moved to Stenny.

Just don't want to trash my memories of the place, people, games etc with a new ones of the wasteland result of one man's greed. 

In the 1920s the official capacity was 26000 and it was increased to 35k in 1927/28 but never tested ! At the end health and safety regs had decimated that to the hundreds.

Miss night games there being on the terracing close to the action.

17 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Great signing and someone who used to stand on the Firs Park terracing as a boy. 

Will be interesting to see how that works out as he has certainly fell away mate not anywhere near the player his CV suggests but if can find form he should do well 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He got an assist in his first appearance then contributed absolutely nothing. Was anonymous in the cup game at Bonnyrose, too.

Our full team are anonymous when we go to Bonnyrigg so he'll fit right in 

47 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

He got an assist in his first appearance then contributed absolutely nothing. Was anonymous in the cup game at Bonnyrigg, too.

To be fair it would've been hard for Messi to make an impact on that surface.

But aye, he was largely anonymous for us. One that looked like it'd be a good signing but never worked out. Just never looked fit really.

Edited by C. Muir

Lee Hadden, formerly of Wishaw in the Central Scotland Ams and a Shire reserve game last season has signed. I didn't go to any of the reserve games so I'm not familiar with him, but it's another option on the wings, which is good to see.

Another signing coming tomorrow as well. Hopefully we'll see a first choice goalie, and later some further depth up the spine of the team. Particularly you'd want to see some more signings in defence, plus someone to play alongside, or deputise for, Sean Brown. 

I saw most of the reserve games last season. Think we only had him out the once but he really stood out, so much so that I recognised the name! 

Another young player I'd like to see sign up again is Euan Griffiths, still a teenager but big, strong and confident on the ball. Plus he's on my Facebook and likes all my Shire posts! 

Craig Henderson from Livingston Reserves signs tonight. Didn't see us play them in the reserve league but apparently he scored a free kick against us. Played with Cowdenbeath, Cumbernauld and Bo Ness so perhaps they'll have a better idea of the type of player he is.

The signings of the past few nights would give the indication that quite a few of Millar, McLaughlin, Griffiths, McCafferty, Horne, and Sweeney are gone. 

Craig Henderson wasn't at the BU's long but looked like a more than decent winger. Short, speedy with good skills and balance. Crosses the ball reasonably well and not afraid to have a shot.
I thought his decision making on when to pass and when to run with the ball was good. Too many widemen take the wrong choice too often. A good signing.