The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Normally would be able to work up some sympathy but he was an extremely nasty piece of work as a player well before he became a club chairman and owner of the parcel of land in question. Ask any older Hamilton Accies fan about what he did to Jamie Fairlie at Brockville.

Agree, Ure and Shirra will provide good depth and back up if we are going to run with a smaller squad. I just pray Ure is signed to be on the bench. Murray can cover all across the back and as AHB says he has developed into a decent player these past couple years. I'm surprised Malone signed on as I heard he wasn't happy at the club, with a full pre season behind him I'm sure he'll be a solid player this season. My only worry is our defence was so poor last season its perhaps not the wisest decision to resign the entire back line again so a further CB is a must imo.

Gibbons will hopefully be a very important signing. I know he struggled at Stenny but that was Legaue 1/2 and he is proven and very capable at LL level. He a strong, combative player and that should allow Low to prosper if Gibbons can do the hard work for him. Should also help in trying to prevent us being overrun on the counter attack as that was one of our major downfalls last year. 

Of the rest of this years squad I'm really hoping we keep McLaughlin. I would take any of Griffiths, Millar, McCafferty and Horne back but I would not be overly bothered if any of them left. 

Edited by craigiemack

On 01/07/2020 at 21:47, craigiemack said:

Agree, Ure and Shirra will provide good depth and back up if we are going to run with a smaller squad. I just pray Ure is signed to be on the bench. Murray can cover all across the back and as AHB says he has developed into a decent player these past couple years. I'm surprised Malone signed on as I heard he wasn't happy at the club, with a full pre season behind him I'm sure he'll be a solid player this season. My only worry is our defence was so poor last season its perhaps not the wisest decision to resign the entire back line again so a further CB is a must imo.

Gibbons will hopefully be a very important signing. I know he struggled at Stenny but that was Legaue 1/2 and he is proven and very capable at LL level. He a strong, combative player and that should allow Low to prosper if Gibbons can do the hard work for him. Should also help in trying to prevent us being overrun on the counter attack as that was one of our major downfalls last year. 

Of the rest of this years squad I'm really hoping we keep McLaughlin. I would take any of Griffiths, Millar, McCafferty and Horne back but I would not be overly bothered if any of them left. 

Early days but this is Shire's squad as it stands (according to the club website).

I would expect there might be some more re-signings and signings to come.

image.png.abceadc7c2f0d4892128166575d8ba2e.png

29 minutes ago, RampantFM said:

Early days but this is Shire's squad as it stands (according to the club website).

I would expect there might be some more re-signings and signings to come.

image.png.abceadc7c2f0d4892128166575d8ba2e.png

Yeah there needs to be and I'm sure there will. 

A GK is a must. While in defence a new CB would be welcome, we have enough cover at left and right back. Our central midfield looks solid and that will be bolstered if McLaughlin or Millar sign on but we are very light on the wings. Need some more forward options, a similar player to Sean Brown would be the dream.

Still very early days but the squad is shaping up nicely i'd say. The most important thing was getting rid of the poor dressing room atmosphere and resigning our important players from last season. We seem to have achieved both of them so far. 

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Yeah there needs to be and I'm sure there will. 

A GK is a must. While in defence a new CB would be welcome, we have enough cover at left and right back. Our central midfield looks solid and that will be bolstered if McLaughlin or Millar sign on but we are very light on the wings. Need some more forward options, a similar player to Sean Brown would be the dream.

Still very early days but the squad is shaping up nicely i'd say. The most important thing was getting rid of the poor dressing room atmosphere and resigning our important players from last season. We seem to have achieved both of them so far. 

I actually think kieran anderson would  be a better fit at shire than at boness. 

I'd imagine a goalkeeper, a centre half, a midfielder, a couple of wide players and probably 2 forwards would be roundabout what you will go for

30 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I actually think kieran anderson would  be a better fit at shire than at boness. 

I'd imagine a goalkeeper, a centre half, a midfielder, a couple of wide players and probably 2 forwards would be roundabout what you will go for

We offered him a contract last summer but he wanted astronomical wages. Think he got a bit too big for his boots cause he banged in 50 goals against East of Scotland conference fodder. Will be interesting to see how he does in the LL as League 2 seemed a step too far for him.

I think you're right though, the positions you state are exactly what we need. Just wonder where we will look for our players, We went for SPFL players last season and that didn't work out too well. All of our best signings were from LL clubs and the Gibbons deal maybe indicates that that's where we are looking at for players this summer. I'd take young, hungry LL players over old pros looking for a final payday anyday of the week.

14 hours ago, craigiemack said:

We offered him a contract last summer but he wanted astronomical wages. Think he got a bit too big for his boots cause he banged in 50 goals against East of Scotland conference fodder. Will be interesting to see how he does in the LL as League 2 seemed a step too far for him.

I think you're right though, the positions you state are exactly what we need. Just wonder where we will look for our players, We went for SPFL players last season and that didn't work out too well. All of our best signings were from LL clubs and the Gibbons deal maybe indicates that that's where we are looking at for players this summer. I'd take young, hungry LL players over old pros looking for a final payday anyday of the week.

I think it's probably a better option going for lowland league players. I was at a few shire games last season and the big name players like barr let you down it was your guys like sean Brown dishington that were your bwat players apart from low being the obvious exception 

21 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Not at all good luck at boness just he didnt really feature much for bus. Just thought he was a better fit for shire imo

Came to us with very little game time so a good pre-season could maybe see a leaner fitter Kieran.

Edited by boheesian