The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

29 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

As regards new signings, and looking at the goings on at SPFL teams, it looks like there's going to be a lot of decent players looking for clubs this season and possibly dropping down to the 5th and 6th tiers. 

But can the club afford them with no start date in sight 

3 hours ago, Derry said:

But can the club afford them with no start date in sight 

It doesn't really matter because no other club is making signings. I'm sure we're speaking to players though and maybe verbally agreeing deals but with no start date in sight it would be pretty stupid to be offering money to players.

As soon as the dates are set for the new season i'm sure there will be a big scramble for players. Del said it would be July when they started making deals so maybe things will be a bit clearer by then.

47 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Up attic and found this old paper from Wednesday March 20th 1985 game must’ve been night before 

Davie moyes signed for the pars that night 

CC90394D-980B-4DFF-AFB1-70B22E80501F.jpeg

The "other" David Moyes !

20 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On 28/06/2020 at 09:30, Andy groundhopper said:
Just a quickie, any hope of East Stirling ever getting their own ground in the future ? Last saw them at Stenny, so im a bit behind the times !

To be honest mate we've no idea. I dont think it'll be any time soon

I still wish they could somehow return to firs park

https://spfl.co.uk/news/east-stirlingshire-set-for-new-galaxy

This is the closest we've came but i think the communications between the club and LK broke down. We also still have hundreds of kids playing under the name ES Galaxy but i don't think their is any contact between the club and ES Galaxy anymore, which is, if that's still the case, a joke. I don't think we can really progress or at least stabilise as a club without an active community programme, in this regard we are miles behind our teams at our level - something that makes the fact we don't have a strong relationship with ES galaxy even more annoying. 

We had a community day a few years ago against Spartans but we were hammered 4-1, that isn't going to attract anybody. Hopefully we can reestablish relations, invite them to a game against Vale of Leithen or someone and try to get some new fans. 

Anyway, 5 signings going to be announced tonight. Hopefully at least 1 new one. Fitbaw is getting closer to coming back!!

55 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/east-stirlingshire-set-for-new-galaxy

This is the closest we've came but i think the communications between the club and LK broke down. We also still have hundreds of kids playing under the name ES Galaxy but i don't think their is any contact between the club and ES Galaxy anymore, which is, if that's still the case, a joke. I don't think we can really progress or at least stabilise as a club without an active community programme, in this regard we are miles behind our teams at our level - something that makes the fact we don't have a strong relationship with ES galaxy even more annoying. 

We had a community day a few years ago against Spartans but we were hammered 4-1, that isn't going to attract anybody. Hopefully we can reestablish relations, invite them to a game against Vale of Leithen or someone and try to get some new fans. 

Anyway, 5 signings going to be announced tonight. Hopefully at least 1 new one. Fitbaw is getting closer to coming back!!

Any names on the signings pal