The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

On 07/02/2020 at 07:51, craigiemack said:

Another great bit of news tonight with Jordan Tapping signing up. This is the first season I can remember when we’ve actively planned for the next season. Myself and others have been critical of the board and management but what a fantastic job they’re doing offloading and resigning players. With the squad that have signed up already we’re only a few very good signings away from being serious contenders next season.

There’s not many from this seasons squad I’d get rid off tbh, I just feel we need to improve a few areas. Competition in goals is a must and definitely a prolific striker to partner Sean Brown upfront. If we get that, and Kelty go up, then we’re certainly in with a decent shout next year.

Before the end of last season, we had signed up ten of that squad for this season. That, I'd suggest, was actively planning for this season. We'd also signed Malone, Dishington, Low and Brown by the end of the season, actively planning for this season. We then signed another nine players before the start of the season, of the calibre of Orr, Millar, Peggie etc. That was intended to make us serious contenders for this season. Yep, that worked....

Before the end of last season, we had signed up ten of that squad for this season. That, I'd suggest, was actively planning for this season. We'd also signed Malone, Dishington, Low and Brown by the end of the season, actively planning for this season. We then signed another nine players before the start of the season, of the calibre of Orr, Millar, Peggie etc. That was intended to make us serious contenders for this season. Yep, that worked....

He’s talking about cause we are singing players in January/February not May. I also don’t remember any of the “big” signings being announced before the end of our playing season either

1 hour ago, Shirey Pirey said:

He’s talking about cause we are singing players in January/February not May. I also don’t remember any of the “big” signings being announced before the end of our playing season either

Just been bad timing with kelty  spending on players , Bonnyrigg getting up , BSC being on form , seen you guys playing kelty off the park second half at kelty so aren’t a million miles away , just hope we get out this season as reckon it will be easier to stay in league two than get promoted next season 

3 hours ago, Myles Offside said:

Yeah as ShireyPirey says we've never been planning ahead as early as January before. All the players we announced were after the league season had finished. The players we brought in made us more competitive and we would've been challenging had we won the tight encounters that we lost at the start of the season, even then we were still in the hunt until December and our collapse against Spartans. The importance of signings these players now is centered around having a settled team next season and one that has had a season to gel, every season we've lost key players and had to rebuild but hopefully next season that won't be the case. Player for player I think we're better than the likes of BSC and Bonnyrigg but they have had settled teams for a few years, and at this level that makes a massive difference. Hopefully if thats the case we can be a much stronger unit next year, in all likelihood it'll be our last chance of returning to the SPFL.

Just been bad timing with kelty  spending on players , Bonnyrigg getting up , BSC being on form , seen you guys playing kelty off the park second half at kelty so aren’t a million miles away , just hope we get out this season as reckon it will be easier to stay in league two than get promoted next season 
We hope you get out too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Tapping was suspended, Malone is ill. 
John Collins is a Galashiels bloke. 
Mind can be deboggled now. [emoji4]

Just thought it was strange when we had Griffiths on the bench, he did okay mind you, caught out of position a few times though. I was dreaming that Collins was maybe interested in a Director of Football role haha.

12 hours ago, Shirey Pirey said:

Seen the Catchup page on twitter tonight saying it was good to speak to our Director and ex Chairman at the game tonightemoji848.png Is he coming back? Do we have a chairman? Now my mind is boggled!

Wouldn't be surprised if he's sneaking his way back in.

Seen the Catchup page on twitter tonight saying it was good to speak to our Director and ex Chairman at the game tonight[emoji848] Is he coming back? Do we have a chairman? Now my mind is boggled!

18 months without an official chairman and 2 of our board members rarely in the country, my mind has reboggled!

On 17/02/2020 at 23:58, Shirey Pirey said:

Seen the Catchup page on twitter tonight saying it was good to speak to our Director and ex Chairman at the game tonightemoji848.png Is he coming back? Do we have a chairman? Now my mind is boggled!

Bill is pastoral director for the league and still chaplain at the club. He had a few personal things he's been dealing with, so had to take a step back this season as he explained in our chat with him. 

As far as I know Robert Jack and Andy Williamson are running things behind the scenes at present. There might be a few more names that I've missed, apologies if so.