The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Guest Rob Roy no 1
1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

How long is Bobby Barrs contract - heard rumours he struggles to turn up on a Saturday too?

He has struggled for years😂😂😂

• 2 weeks later...
Don’t know how any club could be stupid enough to pay a fee for him never mind a League 1 team! Very good piece of business
I wanted mark millar back, we got bobby barr.

AND FOR A FEE!

And here was me worried we were going to give him another contract. You love to see it. 

I think he probably could play at a higher level if was fussed, but he clearly couldn't be arsed for us and was a total waste of an inflated wage. Don't really see how he contributed any more over the course of his time here than another squad member like Paul McCafferty would've if given the same amount of game time. 

A solid start to our life post Barr-exit, really pleased for Adam Murray getting his first goal on his 101st appearance for the team. He gets a lot of stick but he’s had solid games anytime I’ve seen him this season.

Our focus needs to be centred around developing for next year and trying to secure the holy grail of a top 4 finish to get Champions league next season, aka the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup. I’d do anything for an away day to Ireland or Wales.

28 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

A solid start to our life post Barr-exit, really pleased for Adam Murray getting his first goal on his 101st appearance for the team. He gets a lot of stick but he’s had solid games anytime I’ve seen him this season.

Our focus needs to be centred around developing for next year and trying to secure the holy grail of a top 4 finish to get Champions league next season, aka the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Cup. I’d do anything for an away day to Ireland or Wales.

I was wondering with two of the subs bringing on sweeney and trialist whether they will pay money for the right player eg low and dishington and have a mix of a team next season instead of pish superstars. Wheres mark millar?

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I was wondering with two of the subs bringing on sweeney and trialist whether they will pay money for the right player eg low and dishington and have a mix of a team next season instead of pish superstars. Wheres mark millar?

Mark has been out with an injury recently

Another great bit of news tonight with Jordan Tapping signing up. This is the first season I can remember when we’ve actively planned for the next season. Myself and others have been critical of the board and management but what a fantastic job they’re doing offloading and resigning players. With the squad that have signed up already we’re only a few very good signings away from being serious contenders next season.

There’s not many from this seasons squad I’d get rid off tbh, I just feel we need to improve a few areas. Competition in goals is a must and definitely a prolific striker to partner Sean Brown upfront. If we get that, and Kelty go up, then we’re certainly in with a decent shout next year.