The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

3 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Blaming the managers I'm not sure about that the players are rank rotten. Sitting waiting on low doing something isnt going to work. They are investing money again then they need to bin the reserve team and have a settled core 20-21 players one or two use low and build a team of non league players.

Lows done but if someone was giving u £600 per week would u not take it

Of course you would. They also paid 2/3k for a midfielder from largs who is largely disinterested and collecting £400 a week. 
The whole thing is embarrassing. No wonder half the squad is not happy with the difference in wages and Andy Rodgers signing his pals. 
I don’t think they will finish top 4 with a 250k budget, which is scary 

Of course you would. They also paid 2/3k for a midfielder from largs who is largely disinterested and collecting £400 a week. 
The whole thing is embarrassing. No wonder half the squad is not happy with the difference in wages and Andy Rodgers signing his pals. 

Bannockburn lol

Can’t be that much???
All part and parcel? To be honest it’s hilarious how much they’ve spent!
Or can you disagree??

I think it is quite an achievement that we can find this level of investment in a club in the lowland league. Nothing hilarious about it.

So was mark Robin's danny wallace neil Webb and many more by alex ferguson but not one of them was in the championship winning team 92-93.  Throwing money at it isnt always the answer. 
I think jumping the gun and changing it may be the same result next year and if the money dried up at least del and andy would stay because it's their club

Ha ha ha ha ha

So that team that won the championship, all signed on amateur contracts for the love of the club? Or did fergie invest money in them and sign players that could win the thing?

11 minutes ago, surely not! said:

Ha ha ha ha ha

So that team that won the championship, all signed on amateur contracts for the love of the club? Or did fergie invest money in them and sign players that could win the thing?

Never said they did of course they invested money. I should have started a new paragraph their and it would have read easily. You need to give them time but they need to move away from star players like bobby barr

If you look at the two goals we lost, although one was horrendously offside, both were from breakaways when we've been attacking and left our defence totally exposed, just like 90% of the goals we've lost this season. 

Shire won't score too many goals like this because almost all the teams sit in and avoid the risk, including the teams at the top. Shire need to set up the team and strike a ballance between strong defence and controlled attack. It's what other teams do. Maybe it shouldn't matter to us, given the players we have, that we should be able to go gung-ho and still emerge winners but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

You can have all the star players you want and good defenders but if you don't defend as a team then you're going to lose goals. People said that the Brazil team of 1982 were the best team not to win the World Cup but defending is part of the game and if you don't defend then you then, in my opinion, you don't deserve to win and Italy were the justifiable, winners. 

I think we had the ballance right at Kelty last week, as we defended pretty well and the players were focused. Maybe the players switch off against the other teams, when we're so much on top and dismiss the threat as being a mere nuisance to our next attack. 

Attack as a team, defend as a team, not as individual units. 

Don’t understand when You have this level of investment you wouldn’t try to put it into getting your own ground again? Once you have that you could really build the club up again.

Very short termism! (from the outside looking in anyway)

5 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Don’t understand when You have this level of investment you wouldn’t try to put it into getting your own ground again? Once you have that you could really build the club up again.

Absolutely correct. Firs Park could be repurchased. The shareholders own it but as Alan Mackin is the controlling shareholder, he would need to be paid off, for some profit to himself, and we'd much rather he choked on the money. Possibly we need to bite the bullet through. I'd much rather we chose a new site in Bainsford, though. The old British Aluminium site would be ideal. 

12 hours ago, Drogba1888 said:

Wow you guys spending more than kelty by the looks of it 😂best gif wow GIF

9 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Absolutely correct. Firs Park could be repurchased. The shareholders own it but as Alan Mackin is the controlling shareholder, he would need to be paid off, for some profit to himself, and we'd much rather he choked on the money. Possibly we need to bite the bullet through. I'd much rather we chose a new site in Bainsford, though. The old British Aluminium site would be ideal. 

It's a petty mackin just wont give it back he cant do anything with it anyway

10 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

What would be wrong with Grangemouth stadium for a new home pretty decent facilities , just an idea 

Hiring Grangemouth Stadium would be much the same as hiring Falkirk Stadium but Falkirk has better facilities as far as catering facilities and a bar, plus we train at the stadium too, the astro turf comes in handy that way. We store equipment for training and match days there too. 

It may have been that the investment was given on the condition that it was spent on players, rather than anywhere else in the club.

But I 100% agree, if was possible it would've been a far better use of money, and actually beneficial to the long term future of the club. I think (have done since our third season in the LL) that we've missed the narrow window we had to get promoted back to the SPFL, and we should've concentrated on adjusting to life as a Lowland League team, rather than a temporarily embarrassed League 2 team trying to compete with teams who are far better resourced than ourselves.

Never said they did of course they invested money. I should have started a new paragraph their and it would have read easily. You need to give them time but they need to move away from star players like bobby barr

Who the current management thought were the answer. There lies the problem. ES currently have investment. Would be stupid not to use it, but the current management are better with poorer players ( the type that won’t get them promoted).