The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

33 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

A new year and a new decade is upon us. What better way to start than sideways passing our way to a 2-0 defeat against a top 4 team.

Don’t expect anything from us Bonnyrigg fans, not until bravehearts dad gives selfy his ‘gift’.

Come on Craigie even you have to acknowledge the possibility of a result today and your back in the game. Keep believing.

Come on Craigie even you have to acknowledge the possibility of a result today and your back in the game. Keep believing.

I will be shocked if we do, we have it in us but I doubt we have the capability to carry it out. The leagues long gone Jerry, even if we win today we’re going to be over 10 points behind Kelty and Bonnyrigg and 7 behind you depending on games in hand. If we could finish 3rd I’d be happy with that from here, I thought we’d be 3rd at the start of the season but that would be disappointing considering the resources put in.

12 minutes ago, selfassemblyshire said:

The better team drew today.

Apart from gifting 2 goals, Shire were by far the better team. Tapping had Austin’s number all day, Low did what Low does, and Brown caused them problems all day. Where has this Shire been all season?

Edited by The Informer

Shire hard  done by today , cross went in , penalty well I never saw anything , 7 & 8 for shire ran the show , kelty never got out second gear and it showed , well done shire better team but will take that point as might prove to be he most crucial point gained this season 

46 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Apart from gifting 2 goals, Shire were by far the better team. Tapping had Austin’s number all day, Low did what Low does, and Brown caused them problems all day. Where has this Shire been all season?

IMO the biggest issue Shire have had this season has been game management. The number of times they’ve thrown games away near the end or from winning positions. EK, BSC and Spartans are 3 that spring to mind. No doubt in my mind they are a top team and hopefully this result will give you some self belief. I can say that safe in the knowledge we don’t need to play you again this season. 😂

5 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I will be shocked if we do, we have it in us but I doubt we have the capability to carry it out. The leagues long gone Jerry, even if we win today we’re going to be over 10 points behind Kelty and Bonnyrigg and 7 behind you depending on games in hand. If we could finish 3rd I’d be happy with that from here, I thought we’d be 3rd at the start of the season but that would be disappointing considering the resources put in.

Your result today, Kelty still to play BSC and Bonnyrigg twice, EK seemingly on the way back. Still plenty of games where points can be dropped. I wouldn’t be giving up just yet. Today’s result needs to be the start of an unbeaten run to the end of the season. It’s a big ask but by no means impossible. By the sounds of things you we’re unlucky today, that’s pretty good considering Kelty are the team most people  expect to run away with it this season.

Your result today, Kelty still to play BSC and Bonnyrigg twice, EK seemingly on the way back. Still plenty of games where points can be dropped. I wouldn’t be giving up just yet. Today’s result needs to be the start of an unbeaten run to the end of the season. It’s a big ask but by no means impossible. By the sounds of things you we’re unlucky today, that’s pretty good considering Kelty are the team most people  expect to run away with it this season.

I have never thought Kelty would run away with it, having seen them 3 times now far too soft to win this league.

27 minutes ago, luggy said:

I have never thought Kelty would run away with it, having seen them 3 times now far too soft to win this league.

I need to take your word for it. By the looks of things we’re probably going to have to wait until March before we get to play them so as yet I haven’t seen them this season.

having now seen a video of the " CAST IRON " penalty why did the Ref not give another 40 Penalties in the box for all the other times that the Kelty & Shire Defenders did exactly the same ? 😕As for the Over ruling of Vikki Allan for the " Corner Incident " to award Kelty a Goal Kick was appalling. I`m sure though that the Ref Supervisor will have given him a 9/10 for his handling of the Game though .😮😕 😝😮

Despite some Odd Ref calls for once Shire started a game against a " Big  team " from the start & played the whole game with desire & Passion & were very unlucky not to have taken all 3 Pts from the match

29 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

having now seen a video of the " CAST IRON " penalty why did the Ref not give another 40 Penalties in the box for all the other times that the Kelty & Shire Defenders did exactly the same ? 😕As for the Over ruling of Vikki Allan for the " Corner Incident " to award Kelty a Goal Kick was appalling. I`m sure though that the Ref Supervisor will have given him a 9/10 for his handling of the Game though .😮😕 😝😮

Despite some Odd Ref calls for once Shire started a game against a " Big  team " from the start & played the whole game with desire & Passion & were very unlucky not to have taken all 3 Pts from the match

Ref was shocking for both sides.  Pen was a mystery and no idea why Tapping was not sent off for his clash with Reilly.  Shire were the better team over the 90 and I was impressed.  We still created chances but you clearly outplayed us over the full game. Hoping to can repeat the feat against the Rose at the end of the season.

Low was a stand out for you and will be key to you pushing on.

Edited by leomessi1984