The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

It’s usually teams with mouthy managers that get the most bookings, or actual gangs. Worst discipline this season in all competitions down to best discipline which is caly braves. May not be correct as some clubs are useless at updating live system.

BSC Glasgow 47 yellows 3 reds 7pens

Dalbeattie Star 41 yellows 3 reds 2 pens

Colts 35 yellows 2reds 1 pen

Gretna 2008 33 yellows 4 reds 0 pens

—————-

stirling 16 yellows  4 reds 2 pens

braves 16 yellows 1 red 2 pens

East Stirlingshire aren’t on your list so it kind a blows your mouthy managers statement out the water. 

5 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

if most club's in the LL were to look at the number of bookings and the reason behind them, a high percentage would be for descent.

Well, it's been going downhill for a while, certainly...

18 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Shire 31 yellows 2 reds 1 pen

May not tell whole story of course (technical area conduct/etc.)?

I saw Broxburn v 'Shire, it certainly approached heads-gone territory tbh.

Edited by HibeeJibee

That was so tragic it was actually funny. This defeats been coming and now the league is officially over. Questions need to be asked and changes need to be made if we’re going to progress or even consolidate as a LL club after the moneys gone.

Well that type of defeat has been coming all season thus far for the ‘Shire.  Two nil up after ten minutes with their only 2 efforts, Spartans then went down to 10 men but got in at the break level with 2 long range efforts which sailed over the concrete boot wearer Barclay.  Spartans went down to 9 men with 20 minutes remaining and dramatically took the lead on 90 mins with a great individual effort.

Now the lack of tactics, structure and encouragement I’ve seen in big spells so far this season was really highlighted in this match.  They couldn’t break down the resolute visitors as they didn’t use their man advantage - no tempo or movement to drag Spartans out of their shape.  Constantly tried to play long balls in driving wind and rain or look for the talisman Nicky Low to provide a bit of quality.  League definitely over and will the management still be in charge for the visit to Cumbernauld Colts next week?!

Well that type of defeat has been coming all season thus far for the ‘Shire.  Two nil up after ten minutes with their only 2 efforts, Spartans then went down to 10 men but got in at the break level with 2 long range efforts which sailed over the concrete boot wearer Barclay.  Spartans went down to 9 men with 20 minutes remaining and dramatically took the lead on 90 mins with a great individual effort.
Now the lack of tactics, structure and encouragement I’ve seen in big spells so far this season was really highlighted in this match.  They couldn’t break down the resolute visitors as they didn’t use their man advantage - no tempo or movement to drag Spartans out of their shape.  Constantly tried to play long balls in driving wind and rain or look for the talisman Nicky Low to provide a bit of quality.  League definitely over and will the management still be in charge for the visit to Cumbernauld Colts next week?!
Completely agree, an absolute horror show. As you say a complete inability from the managers to set the team up to win the game against even 9 men but that was inevitable as the team has been stuttering along for a while.
I'm afraid that's as far we'll get with them managing which really means that the money being spent is currently being wasted.

Where is selfie? Has he done himself a mischief? He will be deep in thought pondering giving up supporting his team and changing his allegiance to a proper club.

C’mon the Rose 

P.S. We have an offer on for half season tickets 
I've been in my bed sick today so thankfully didnt see the horror show in person but on Shire TV.

Thanks for the offer mate but I've been through harder times with the club.

I'd rather stick with my club than a junior team, sorry, a 2 season senior team.

C'mon the Shire

The last game I made was Stirling Uni away so after a couple of weeks absent I make my glorious return at Cumbernauld on Sat.

After hearing of yesterday's drama I'm convinced it'll be a sound Shire victory. After all, Shire are like a box of chocolates so you never know what you're going to get 🙃

20 hours im still baffled over that 90 minutes first 30 minutes was decent but the other 60 minutes was absolutely shite. 
Time for change ? Only time will tell 
I know for a fact if Del and Andy are sacked I wont be happy. Would probably give the remainder of the season a miss. 2 boys who care so much about the club and we'll need folk like that after this season when we dont have the same income.

I know for a fact if Del and Andy are sacked I wont be happy. Would probably give the remainder of the season a miss. 2 boys who care so much about the club and we'll need folk like that after this season when we dont have the same income.

Was the investment from an American a one off?

3 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
6 hours ago, forrie_1 said:
20 hours im still baffled over that 90 minutes first 30 minutes was decent but the other 60 minutes was absolutely shite. 
Time for change ? Only time will tell 

They may care, but in all honesty I don’t think the mix is right. Andy is a loose cannon, and should concentrate solely on his playing. His attitude on the sideline is detrimental to what Del is trying to get across. 

Only time will tell if Del has what it takes.