The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

After the loss to EK we needed to win all our games till Christmas, that was make even clearer after the loss to Kelty. It’s so far so good but all 4 games are difficult but ones if you want to challenge you have to win. The BSC game will be a massive game if we win our next 3, especially as they could be 4 points ahead of us if they win their games in hand. It’s all ifs and buts though, feel we’ll drop 2 points at least before we get to BSC but you never know.

Back on track.

Today saw the 'Shire play all 4 fwds on the pitch at the same time for the 1st time this season. This together with UoS playing 433 for the full 90 mins made for an interesting watch today.

Not sure if this will be regular tactic for the 'Shire this season though !

The day is finally here, moneybags East Stirlingshire v Cash-strapped Berwick Rangers. The Diddy Derby - The Battle of the Fallen Giants - The Michael Bolochoweckyj Tribute Match.

Looking forward to welcoming the Lowland Leagues ‘biggest team’ today. Hearing rumours that Berwick are bringing around 600 fans which means this could be the LL’s record attendance. They really have been a wonderful addition to the league. That backing could make the difference so I’m going for a 1-1 draw, Jamie Dishington opener followed by a Bobby Barr OG

Feed the Dish and he will score.

Cmon the Shire

The day is finally here, moneybags East Stirlingshire v Cash-strapped Berwick Rangers. The Diddy Derby - The Battle of the Fallen Giants - The Michael Bolochoweckyj Tribute Match.

Looking forward to welcoming the Lowland Leagues ‘biggest team’ today. Hearing rumours that Berwick are bringing around 600 fans which means this could be the LL’s record attendance. They really have been a wonderful addition to the league. That backing could make the difference so I’m going for a 1-1 draw, Jamie Dishington opener followed by a Bobby Barr OG

Feed the Dish and he will score.

Cmon the Shire

#FeedTheDish

37 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

11 mins in and Berwick fans have been scraping with each other. Glorious entertainment

1-0 shire aswell, what a day so far.

There will be tension on the tandem ride home if they’ve been scrapping 

Edited by Kelheart
Mistake

Tough game today and Ricky Miller got his customary goal against us but a good 3 points. Now that Peaso is fit at last, we're beginning to see what he can do. Hopefully this is the start of a scoring run for him. He and Nicky Low combined well throughout the match. Thought the move leading up to Sean Brown's goal was the best football of the game, with Adam Murray playing a big part in it. 

Thought we were okay today, nothing spectacular but got the job done. Didn’t really feel comfortable till the third goal went in at the end.

Berwick were actually a decent outfit and looked the better team at times I thought, they just lacked the cutting edge to open us up. Fair play to the Berwick fans aswell, came in decent numbers on a horrible day and made a wee bit of noise. They have the makings of a decent team and I’m sure they’ll build as time goes on, id rather be battling with them at the top of the league over the fake clubs.

We keep hanging on in there, if results go our way over the christmas period then we’ll be right back in it. We arent playing brilliant but getting the results, I said to a few people that I can’t tell if we’re playing at our maximum and we’ll get found out again against the big teams or we’re playing poorly and still getting results. All will become apparent over the next month

• 2 weeks later...

Angry Rodgers got booked within minutes for arguing with an offside call, in fairness he was probably right. Then went ballistic when he was ‘fouled’ in the box, he was probably wrong. Then when the shire scored to go 3-2 he was sent off for screaming at the ref. He said he was screaming at his own player. It was all a bit embarrassing, I’ve never seen a player so raging at a reserve game

THE FACT IS IN BOTH FIRST & RESERVE MATCHES A LARGE PROPORTION OF YELLOW / RED CARDS SEEM TO BE FOR PLAYERS MOUTHING OFF AT THE MATCH OFFICIALS . MOST WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED . I WONDER WHAT THE ACTUAL PERCENTAGE OF DISSENT YELLOW CARDS TO " OTHER " YELLOW CARDS IS     :shutup

19 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

THE FACT IS IN BOTH FIRST & RESERVE MATCHES A LARGE PROPORTION OF YELLOW / RED CARDS SEEM TO BE FOR PLAYERS MOUTHING OFF AT THE MATCH OFFICIALS . MOST WHICH COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED . I WONDER WHAT THE ACTUAL PERCENTAGE OF DISSENT YELLOW CARDS TO " OTHER " YELLOW CARDS IS     :shutup

I think this is not just an issue for East Stirlingshire. I think if most club's in the LL were to look at the number of bookings and the reason behind them, a high percentage would be for descent. It shows the level of frustration with officiating at this level, but it also shows the lack of discipline. 

By the way Mac either your caps lock is stuck or your shouting. 

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I think this is not just an issue for East Stirlingshire. I think if most club's in the LL were to look at the number of bookings and the reason behind them, a high percentage would be for descent. It shows the level of frustration with officiating at this level, but it also shows the lack of discipline. 

By the way Mac either your caps lock is stuck or your shouting. 

It’s usually teams with mouthy managers that get the most bookings, or actual gangs. Worst discipline this season in all competitions down to best discipline which is caly braves. May not be correct as some clubs are useless at updating live system.

BSC Glasgow 47 yellows 3 reds 7pens

Dalbeattie Star 41 yellows 3 reds 2 pens

Colts 35 yellows 2reds 1 pen

Gretna 2008 33 yellows 4 reds 0 pens

—————-

stirling 16 yellows  4 reds 2 pens

braves 16 yellows 1 red 2 pens