The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

On 21/10/2019 at 15:10, surely not! said:

Where would you draw the line on the league right now of ‘title challengers?’. Or more accurately, who is still in the race?

I don't know what you're point is, really. Fair enough if it was the last couple of months of the season but I wouldn't put you in charge of a football team if you were ready to chuck it when things got a wee bit tough. It's going to be difficult after Friday's result but if you want to win things, you have to think like a winner. Even if you don't get there in the end, you've more chance of being there than a quitter. 

I don't know what you're point is, really. Fair enough if it was the last couple of months of the season but I wouldn't put you in charge of a football team if you were ready to chuck it when things got a wee bit tough. It's going to be difficult after Friday's result but if you want to win things, you have to think like a winner. Even if you don't get there in the end, you've more chance of being there than a quitter. 

How can you not know what my point is? Genuinely asking you who you feel is still in the mix?

Added the second sentence because in my original questions because I realised that when I talked about drawing a line, some of the challengers may sit lower than top four or so but have games in hand (EK and Spartans) and others are higher and may not be seen as challengers (CSS and Braves)

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Shire twitter 45 mins Evan Horne goes in the book for a trip

Spartans twitter Booking for Shires Horne for a terrible tackle on Reid

You think that's bad? Should have seen what Spartans tweeted about Dishington when he went off. 

Now deleted. 😦

You think that's bad? Should have seen what Spartans tweeted about Dishington when he went off. 
Now deleted. [emoji46]

The boy who runs The Spartans twitter is an absolute melter so not surprised to hear that. Missed the tweet at half time so if you’d like to educate us all on what he tweeted this time i’m sure it’ll give us a good laugh

Just now, Shirey Pirey said:

The boy who runs The Spartans twitter is an absolute melter so not surprised to hear that. Missed the tweet at half time so if you’d like to educate us all on what he tweeted this time i’m sure it’ll give us a good laugh

image.png.6b21b5ef1b67a66bab2239cfa3e3d1cc.png

Thanks for showing this. 

Funny I had similar money comments from some home fans walking behind me leaving the ground as Low made it 3.  Something about Shire's money now securing 5th place in the League. A bit weird.

Myself and another shire fan didn't bite. It wasnt a big deal, some people will try anything to try and get a rise.

Would like to say that when Leeroy Makovora was shown a 2nd yellow after the game ended and wassent off it was really nice that Mark Millar took the time whwn walking off the pitch to console him and give him encouragement, as did other shire players.

16 hours ago, surely not! said:

Ten years ago they paid more than anyone else. Now they don’t. And they play the moral high ground stuff. Load of sanctimonious shite

Ten years from now after more top junior clubs have had a chance to filter their way in they'll probably be in the EoS Premier. Given they pushed very hard along with Cove Rangers for the pyramid to come in the way it did only for Edinburgh City to become Embra's third club instead of them it's easy to understand where the bitterness is coming from.