The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Basically just the East Kilbride game again. I didn't think there was a big difference between the sides and a draw maybe would have been a fair result. Tapping had the beating of Austin for the most part, and neither side created a lot of chances, but ultimately we let in a soft goal and never particularly troubled Kelty too much afterwards.  They managed the game very well after the goal. I thought at half time that whoever scored first would probably win, and so it was. 

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

Correct.

Said this a few pages back. Just don’t see where the idea was coming from

By all accounts they are spending 250 a week and aren’t any closer than ridiculous money a week, out Scottish and league

Edited by Drogba1888

Being sat 8pts back with 19 games left clearly isn't insurmountable.

Shire's only remaining games against clubs above them are BSCG (H) - Dec 21st... Kelty (A) - Jan 4th... and then Bonnyrigg (H) on last day of the season. Win say a couple of those and mop-up most of those below and you're cooking with gas.

Nevertheless their track-record on this front is pretty indifferent:
* 2016-17 finished 2nd behind East Kilbride... took 3pts from possible 6pts
* 2017-18 finished 4th behind Spartans, East Kilbride and BSCG... took 9pts from possible 18pts
* 2018-19 finished 6th behind East Kilbride, BSCG, Kelty, Spartans and Civil Service... took 6pts from possible 30pts

Thusfar - sitting 4th behind Kelty, Bonnyrigg and BSCG - they've taken 1pt from possible 9pts.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Being sat 8pts back with 19 games left clearly isn't insurmountable.

Shire's only remaining games against clubs above them are BSCG (H) - Dec 21st... Kelty (A) - Jan 4th... and then Bonnyrigg (H) on last day of the season. Win say a couple of those and mop-up most of those below and you're cooking with gas.

Nevertheless their track-record on this front is pretty indifferent:
* 2016-17 finished 2nd behind East Kilbride... took 3pts from possible 6pts
* 2017-18 finished 4th behind Spartans, East Kilbride and BSCG... took 9pts from possible 18pts
* 2018-19 finished 6th behind East Kilbride, BSCG, Kelty, Spartans and Civil Service... took 6pts from possible 30pts

Thusfar - sitting 4th behind Kelty, Bonnyrigg and BSCG - they've taken 1pt from possible 9pts.
Thanks for reminding us HJ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

As said previously if they had defeated Kelty which wasn't beyond the realms of possibility and then Spartans they  would have been top of the league this Friday with 28 points from 12 games. Bonnyrigg would have 28 points from 11 games Kelty 27 from 11 and BSC 23 from 10.

And if my auntie had a cock...

Fuckin hell Drogba and Surely not! are a big touchy aren’t they.

We still are title challengers, we just have a lesser chance than others. 8 points is doable, especially when you consider we’ve played all of the ‘big teams’ once while they still have to play each other twice for the most part.

In theory it’s doable but not with how we’re playing and not with our complete bottle job performances anytime we play a team of the same quality/better than us. We play Kelty at the start of January and if we’re within 5 points of the top after that then we’ll have a right good chance

23 hours ago, Drogba1888 said:

By all accounts they are spending 250 a week and aren’t any closer than ridiculous money a week, out Scottish and league

Two attempts at this post and you've still made a complete thundercunt of the point you are trying to get across.

Fuckin hell Drogba and Surely not! are a big touchy aren’t they.

We still are title challengers, we just have a lesser chance than others. 8 points is doable, especially when you consider we’ve played all of the ‘big teams’ once while they still have to play each other twice for the most part.

In theory it’s doable but not with how we’re playing and not with our complete bottle job performances anytime we play a team of the same quality/better than us. We play Kelty at the start of January and if we’re within 5 points of the top after that then we’ll have a right good chance

Where would you draw the line on the league right now of ‘title challengers?’. Or more accurately, who is still in the race?

Where would you draw the line on the league right now of ‘title challengers?’. Or more accurately, who is still in the race?

Kelty and Bonnyrigg obviously, it’ll more than likely be between those two. Shire, EK, and BSC are still challengers but doubt any of us will have it in us to win. As I said, once everybody’s played each other we’ll have a better idea - there’s a lot of points to be dropped/gained when the big teams play each other.

I think people are also forgetting that the leagues very competitive this year. If I think back to our first season there were only 3/4 teams at most capable of taking points of each other at the top end. This season id extend that to at least 8/9. Back then 8 points was impossible, now it’s not a great position but it’s still easily achievable if you put a long winning run together - someone the shire have the chance to do now.

29 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Kelty and Bonnyrigg obviously, it’ll more than likely be between those two. Shire, EK, and BSC are still challengers but doubt any of us will have it in us to win. As I said, once everybody’s played each other we’ll have a better idea - there’s a lot of points to be dropped/gained when the big teams play each other.

I think people are also forgetting that the leagues very competitive this year. If I think back to our first season there were only 3/4 teams at most capable of taking points of each other at the top end. This season id extend that to at least 8/9. Back then 8 points was impossible, now it’s not a great position but it’s still easily achievable if you put a long winning run together - someone the shire have the chance to do now.

BSC have already been to Bonnyrigg and won if I recall. 

You seem too quick to write them off.

BSC are certainly up there and capable of winning the LL.