The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I was at reserve game last night. If Sean brown can get fit. He will be a quality signing. 

Yes, I have been impressed with Brown in the admittedly little I've seen of him. Would like to see him up front in a two with Matty Flynn, as I don't think Flynn is best used as a lone striker, but IDK who they would be willing to drop from the midfield to fit him in. 

3 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Yes, I have been impressed with Brown in the admittedly little I've seen of him. Would like to see him up front in a two with Matty Flynn, as I don't think Flynn is best used as a lone striker, but IDK who they would be willing to drop from the midfield to fit him in. 

They need to use the squad more and not be scared to drop barr or drop Millar deeper. Having the big squad and reserves is a waste of time if not going to use it. Other than for getting players fit 

Pretty decent performance yesterday, against the Braves. Especially good to see Eddie Malone starting a game, at last and Sean Brown starting upfront, alongside Matty Flynn. Also thought Mark Millar looked more like the player we expect him to be and, of course, Nicky Low never gives any less than 100%. 

Two home games up next, before we're back in Cup action. 3 points a must on Wednesday versus Vale then it's a big game on Saturday against Civil Service Strollers. If we target 6 points out of 6, we'll see where that takes us. A few heavyweight clashes coming up between the other contenders, where something has to give but all we can do is focus on our own situation. 

One game at a time. 

15 hours ago, gogsy said:

Manager sent off for a late high tackle. :(

Yellow for Mr Angry Rodgers

Poor challenge but didn't seem to be any contact, summed up when the physio ran on and gave the guy a drink of water. 

Think the Livi defender injured himself more, minutes earlier, when he tried to crunch Andy Rodgers. 

Andy was booked following a tangle with Craig Sibbald which the ref gave against him. 

Vale of Leithen were absolute garbage last night and you can see why they are second bottom. Shire were good for 80% of last night but still not good to see us fall out the game for a short period. Against better teams they could/would capitalise on that. Another win on Saturday could put us on track

Vale of Leithen were absolute garbage last night and you can see why they are second bottom. Shire were good for 80% of last night but still not good to see us fall out the game for a short period. Against better teams they could/would capitalise on that. Another win on Saturday could put us on track

On track for what? The title? Top four?

Serious question btw, has the pre season target changed?

Why would it have changed? 

It's October and we've played 9 games. 

Cos you’re miles back 🤷🏻‍♂️

And nine games is a third of the season practically.

Different if there was one team ahead of you but realistically there are at least four teams with a better pts per game ratio so far

2 hours ago, surely not! said:

Cos you’re miles back 🤷🏻‍♂️

And nine games is a third of the season practically.

Different if there was one team ahead of you but realistically there are at least four teams with a better pts per game ratio so far

On track was probably the wrong phrase to use before the Kelty game has been played.

We've always seemed to struggle against Civil so would be good to see us take a really convincing performance on Saturday. Up until Kelty we shouldn't be dropping points and if (big if) we beat Kelty I think we are well and truly back in the title race. Think you are forgetting the start The Shire had in the league and the rest of us fixtures up until Christmas shouldn't be that testing (bar Kelty). To say we are "miles" back is a abit on the steep side imo.