The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

I've said it before but it always surprises me they do. Is it limited at all... small stakes, accumulators, or whatever? Having been idle on Saturday, clearly it was ripe for 'Shire to play a strong XI.

As far as i’m aware and from my experience there is no restrictions and it’s just the same any other regular football market

I would imagine it's partially because a good number of the reserve team games are on a Monday, which tends to be the quietest night for football here and abroad. So it makes sense for the bookies to have some active league with names that folk will recognise to catch a few bets of people who are in there on a Monday evening

19 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

I would imagine it's partially because a good number of the reserve team games are on a Monday, which tends to be the quietest night for football here and abroad. So it makes sense for the bookies to have some active league with names that folk will recognise to catch a few bets of people who are in there on a Monday evening

The bookies have been covering SPFL reserve and u20 games for years. Look out for a guy at the game always on his phone for the 90 minutes its him who is doing the in play info for their sites.

It is prone to abuse though if you see a side early and know its strong and the opposition side is weak chance to make a killing. I reckon it will be mostly for the overseas marker rather than the Scottish / British one.

Looking forward to the big game - the colossal tussle - with East Kilbride at TFS tomorrow. A hugely important game for both teams, who will be looking to close the gap on the teams leading the league, or at the very least not fall further behind. 

Having not seen East Kilbride this season I'm not sure what to expect, but I would happily settle for a repeat of our 5-0 win from a few season back - in reality, I feel a draw is maybe the most likely scenario. 

A very big game that will have severe consequences for the losing team, especially after each teams previous league game. I won’t believe we even have a chance of challenging for the league until we beat one of the big teams, I may be more optimistic about our chances tomorrow at 5 or I may have that sinking feeling of the league being out of our grasp by the end of August. I feel a sense of familiarity coming but I do hope I’m proved wrong.

31 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Had a fun couple months acting like the big boys of the league. Glad to be back to our natural position of being fuckin diddies.

Bit early to throw in the towel. If you beat Gala and Dalbeattie over the next week, the league position could be looking considerably healthier.

Hello a bit of perspective on today. Sign a class striker and when he scores 20 + you are a genius. Sign a class goalkeeper and when you win games you might have lost because of his saves, the opposition have missed chances.  No they didn't,  Aldo saved them, same difference. 

Tight game, first goal always going to be the winner, on chances ( see above) ES better, controlling the game EK better. Massive 3 points,  lots of teams will come away from ES with no points.