The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

This will be the last Saturday I’m down in England so hoping for one last winning ShireTV experience.

I don’t think the game next week will be broadcasted live. All home games and selected away matches and unfortunately this is no one of them.

11 hours ago, luggy said:

I don’t think the game next week will be broadcasted live. All home games and selected away matches and unfortunately this is no one of them.

Well that’s not a very clever decision one of the biggest games of the season not being broadcast live!!!  

There’s a little scaffold platform at NDP that is lying redundant at the moment sure the Rose will let you use it. Whilst showing them what their fans are missing and advice how to go about it.

C’mon The Rose 

Well that’s not a very clever decision one of the biggest games of the season not being broadcast live!!!  
There’s a little scaffold platform at NDP that is lying redundant at the moment sure the Rose will let you use it. Whilst showing them what their fans are missing and advice how to go about it.
C’mon The Rose 

I would imagine it’s something to do with access to wifi and as yous are the finest junior diddies, i’d imagine it’s something that’s not available at a junior diddy park like yours[emoji6]

C’mon The Shire

10 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

C’mon The Rose 

Shire TV would cover every game live if it was possible. I'm sure they will have spoken to all the other Lowland League clubs to see where it's practical. 

The whole game, plus commentary can be watched the following day, as well as the highlights. 

On 06/08/2019 at 19:52, Nimmo's Notes said:

Shire TV would cover every game live if it was possible. I'm sure they will have spoken to all the other Lowland League clubs to see where it's practical. 

The whole game, plus commentary can be watched the following day, as well as the highlights. 

Well what a performance and result from the Big Rose today.

I think the final score was 3-1

Wonder if this thread will now go into meltdown !!!

Looks like going to be a tighter league than people thought. Kilby losing 3-1 @ home to caledonian braves

Dont think anyone thought it was going to be anything but a tight league. The general chat before a ball was kicked was how many decent sides there were that could go on and win it.

Not the end of the world as some people are making out. Bonnyrigg away was always going to be a difficult game, our run upto the first Scottish cup break is a very difficult one and as long as we make it to that without losing too much ground on the league leaders then I think we can be pleased. The loss today just makes the EK and Kelty games a lot more important.

The worrying thing is that’s twice the players haven’t turned up against better teams. It’s all fine and well putting 9 past Gretna but if you don’t turn up against the big boys then it makes it redundant. Just shows you can have all the money in the world but it doesn’t change the way players play in big games. I just wonder when the Shire will ever win a big match, bunch of bottle merchants.

Can't fault the Shire players today, they certainly didn't "bottle it". 

For those of us who were actually at the game, it was a decent match to watch. Shire were pressing for most of the game, created enough chances and if there's any criticism it's failing to hit the back of the net. Bonnyrigg are a tough team to break down and counter attack well. 

The strikers are, what you would call, "cute" and the officials "obliging". 

Good goal Shire scored, through sharp passing and Bonnyrigg's third goal was well struck. 

Can't fault the Shire players today, they certainly didn't "bottle it". 
For those of us who were actually at the game, it was a decent match to watch. Shire were pressing for most of the game, created enough chances and if there's any criticism it's failing to hit the back of the net. Bonnyrigg are a tough team to break down and counter attack well. 
The strikers are, what you would call, "cute" and the officials "obliging". 
Good goal Shire scored, through sharp passing and Bonnyrigg's third goal was well struck. 

I wish I shared your optimism but can’t remember rose’s keeper making a save. In this league you need to win the battle first and in that respect we were defo 2nd best.

It was a totally different game from the cup tie last season, where we failed to turn up. 

The difference between the teams today was that Bonnyrigg took advantage of the set pieces they "won", for the first two goals. 

We battled hard enough, missed the target too often but it wasn't to be our day. Wasn't a great deal between the teams. 

• 2 weeks later...