The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

5 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Scoring goals or coming second in a league doesn’t mean you’re not a gang though? I don’t think either team looked good today, even though you had more of the ball second half I was never scared we’d lose a second goal. The ball must’ve spend 99% of the game in the clouds, just endless hoof ball from both teams in the second half.

We didn't create enough chances to win the game. What's the gang comment about though? I think you and a few of your players need to understand this is a big boys game. Stop greetin and man up.

8 minutes ago, luggy said:

Bsc have been excellent the last two seasons but you need to get out of Alloa and move a lot closer to your roots. You made a sub today and not one single person clapped, a boy in the crowd even commented and the crowd goes wild.

FFS sudden change of track there Luggy. Couldn't come up with a response to my last post so you thought this same old pish would do instead. Listen mate enjoy what's left of your night.

FYI I am believe it or not a big fan of Shire since you came into the league.  Although on pain of death I will NEVER refer to you as Shirey Pirey 😉

FFS sudden change of track there Luggy. Couldn't come up with a response to my last post so you thought this same old pish would do instead. Listen mate enjoy what's left of your night.
 FYI I am believe it or not a big fan of Shire since you came into the league.  Although on pain of death I will NEVER refer to you as Shirey Pirey [emoji6]

Sorry if you feel offended It’s was not meant as a dig I just think that you do so much right but Alloa is a joke.

20 minutes ago, luggy said:

Sorry if you feel offended It’s was not meant as a dig I just think that you do so much right but Alloa is a joke.

Mate your having a dig. No offence taken by the way, we’re used to it. Today imo was a great advert for our league. A highly entertaining competitive game with some shit refereeing thrown in for good measure. 2 good teams who didn’t lose today, time to move on I suspect.

Shire fans taking todays result well i see. Its almost as if a result against bsc should be a given. Who would have thunk it?

Apart from our first season in the lowland league we have been well and truly sat on BSC mantlepiece so we don’t have illusion of grandeur.
Just seen the penalty on Shire Tv has to rate as one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

6 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Shire fans taking todays result well i see. Its almost as if a result against bsc should be a given. Who would have thunk it?

I know but I do admire their enthusiasm and their belief. I just hope this team lives up to their expectations. As a support they’ve been let down too many times  in past, it’s about time they had a team worthy of their support. 

CAN ANY ONE POST THE GUIDELINES THAT THE SFA GAVE THE CLUBS  re LAW CHANGES / LAW INTERPRETATIONS. ? ( I QUALIFIED AS A SFA REF IN 1978 ) QUITE A FEW  TIMES " PUZZLED AT REFS CALL TODAY.  KNOW ABOUT THE GOAL KICK LAW CHANGE ! re TODAYS MATCH REF ERROR / BIAS OR NEW RULES INTERPRETATION?

2 minutes ago, luggy said:

Apart from our first season in the lowland league we have been well and truly sat on BSC mantlepiece so we don’t have illusion of grandeur.
Just seen the penalty on Shire Tv has to rate as one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

I know this won’t make things better for you Luggy but I agree, never a pen. However no matter how we got there, a draw was a fair result.

4 minutes ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

CAN ANY ONE POST THE GUIDELINES THAT THE SFA GAVE THE CLUBS  re LAW CHANGES / LAW INTERPRETATIONS. ? ( I QUALIFIED AS A SFA REF IN 1978 ) QUITE A FEW  TIMES " PUZZLED AT REFS CALL TODAY.  KNOW ABOUT THE GOAL KICK LAW CHANGE ! re TODAYS MATCH REF ERROR / BIAS OR NEW RULES INTERPRETATION?

You can download the IFAB app from the App Store or Google Play Mac. Gives you everything you need and so much more.

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

You can download the IFAB app from the App Store or Google Play Mac. Gives you everything you need and so much more.

Good shout and I have already downloaded it.. I had a chat with a match official (does SPFL premiership games) a couple of nights ago and he was moaning about the new rules, particularly on goal kicks. Following the chat, I  discovered that I had misunderstood the new rule to mean that a goal kick could be played short to a defending player inside the box without an attacking player being able to intercept such a pass. I was wrong. Although an attacking player has to vacate the box until the kick is taken, the ball is live the moment the keeper plays it, so an attacker can intercept a pass to a defender inside the box or put pressure on him. Previously the ball wasn't live until it left the box.

I've already seen several instance of coaches, players and referees not being familiar with the new rules or putting their own interpretation on the changes in friendly matches.  I think it will take the best part of the season for everyone to accept and understand the new guidelines. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Very poor game I thought in general. Thought we looked alright in the first half but nothing spectacular and second half was shocking. Thought neither team looked like scoring the second half and the penalty decision was terrible. The game got heated and the ref lost complete control over it. Be interesting to see how we cope in a couple weeks when we come up against Bonnyrigg. Big performances needed

The referee wasn’t brilliant but you don’t say that through the clubs official media outlet, an absolute minter. The twitters match updates have been awful for years now, they continually tweet absolute garbage while not updating when there’s a goal. For someone that can’t attend all the games I don’t really care about the weather or how there’s a nice view behind one of the goals, I care about what the score is and the amount of times I’m thinking aw it must still be 0-0 for the shire to then tweet ‘GOAL Shire now 3-1’ doesn’t really promote the club as professional. I get there’s only a couple people who update it and I appreciate the hard work they do for the club but they really can’t be as embarrassing as they were yesterday on the twitter. If only there was an ex social media person who’s currently out of work? Maybe working with a big gambling company who could give the club some positive publicity idk

I thought that they weren't continually updating too but discovered that they were, but my twitter settings were for top tweets not latest tweets.

The referee wasn’t brilliant but you don’t say that through the clubs official media outlet, an absolute minter. The twitters match updates have been awful for years now, they continually tweet absolute garbage while not updating when there’s a goal. For someone that can’t attend all the games I don’t really care about the weather or how there’s a nice view behind one of the goals, I care about what the score is and the amount of times I’m thinking aw it must still be 0-0 for the shire to then tweet ‘GOAL Shire now 3-1’ doesn’t really promote the club as professional. I get there’s only a couple people who update it and I appreciate the hard work they do for the club but they really can’t be as embarrassing as they were yesterday on the twitter. If only there was an ex social media person who’s currently out of work? Maybe working with a big gambling company who could give the club some positive publicity idk