The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Looking forward to the new season getting underway, especially for the first meltdowns of 2019/20 when we inevitably drop points to BSC

I think you’ll be ok, fancy Shire to go on a bit of a run at the start of the season.

Edited by The Informer

7 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

THAT`S  BEEN A PROBLEM FOR MANY , MANY DECADES !!!! 😋

Shire opening day wins have been few and far between over the years. Even in our last promotion winning season we only managed 1 point from the first three games. 

Best opening day I can remember was a 3-0 win at Dumbarton, under Martin Ferguson, which put us top of the First Division! On the same day, Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen were beaten 4-1 at Dundee United, putting them bottom of the Premier Division and technically, one place above his brother! 

Might put some of this stuff in my next Nimmo's Notes, in the programme, so if you buy one, forget you've already read this. 

3 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Shire opening day wins have been few and far between over the years. Even in our last promotion winning season we only managed 1 point from the first three games. 

Best opening day I can remember was a 3-0 win at Dumbarton, under Martin Ferguson, which put us top of the First Division! On the same day, Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen were beaten 4-1 at Dundee United, putting them bottom of the Premier Division and technically, one place above his brother! 

Might put some of this stuff in my next Nimmo's Notes, in the programme, so if you buy one, forget you've already read this. 

Vaguely remember us winning 5-3 at Stranraer on the opening day of a league campaign in the 1990s. Will need to check.

Didn't Charlie Lytwyn score at hat trick, possibly, that day? 

There have been a few opening day wins but not many. One at Stirling Albion I think (all seems to be away wins!). 

Won the first three games under John Coughlan, once but promotion winning seasons NEVER start well. 

Am awful game that I think both teams were too scared to lose in all honesty. I’m not one to criticise referees but that was poor today, some of the decisions awarded for both teams was laughable and some of the non decisions even more. BSC were a gang and we fell into the battle, they won’t be anywhere near winning the league but they’ll definitely cause the big teams problems. Imperative that we win the next two games now.

8 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Am awful game that I think both teams were too scared to lose in all honesty. I’m not one to criticise referees but that was poor today, some of the decisions awarded for both teams was laughable and some of the non decisions even more. BSC were a gang and we fell into the battle, they won’t be anywhere near winning the league but they’ll definitely cause the big teams problems. Imperative that we win the next two games now.

We might not be anywhere near winning the league this season, but judging on today's performance neither will you. You'll run out of steam before we reach the half way point. Too many old legs in your team IMO. Not too sure about a gang but were a team and judging on today's showing (especially in the second half) a better team than you. 

We might not be anywhere near winning the league this season, but judging on today's performance neither will you. You'll run out of steam before we reach the half way point. Too many old legs in your team IMO. Not too sure about a gang but were a team and judging on today's showing (especially in the second half) a better team than you. 

90 minutes of the season doesn’t decide the league, first half shire looked the real deal, second half too many failed to turn up which was a bit surprising. Hopefully by the time we get to Bonnyrigg in two week our players realise in this league you have to win the battle first before you win the game.

Just now, luggy said:

90 minutes of the season doesn’t decide the league, first half shire looked the real deal, second half too many failed to turn up which was a bit surprising. Hopefully by the time we get to Bonnyrigg in two week our players realise in this league you have to win the battle first before you win the game.

Your right it was a game of two halves (sorry). No doubt you have a much improved squad to last season and I expect you to improve your league position. Craigiemack is full of shite though calling us a gang. We were the league's top scorers last season and finished a comfortable second.

Your right it was a game of two halves (sorry). No doubt you have a much improved squad to last season and I expect you to improve your league position. Craigiemack is full of shite though calling us a gang. We were the league's top scorers last season and finished a comfortable second.

Scoring goals or coming second in a league doesn’t mean you’re not a gang though? I don’t think either team looked good today, even though you had more of the ball second half I was never scared we’d lose a second goal. The ball must’ve spend 99% of the game in the clouds, just endless hoof ball from both teams in the second half.

Bsc have been excellent the last two seasons but you need to get out of Alloa and move a lot closer to your roots. You made a sub today and not one single person clapped, a boy in the crowd even commented and the crowd goes wild.