The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

Good to see Jordan Tapping back.  He's a real organiser in the centre of defence.  Over the years he's came and went like the Karma Chameleon but hopefully with Dell being respected by players and MAYBE even back to the SPFL in the season after next I'd hope he'll stay long term and become a stalwart.

It would've been interesting to if Brisbane retained his goalscoring form that he's suddenly came into. That was always the big thing missing from his game, but confidence can really turn a player around.

Of the rest I'd have gladly kept Simon White, Liam Allison and Adam Murray as useful squad players, but given the number of new faces we're getting in it's fair enough if they don't want to stick around to barely play.

Edited by AlansHotBath

Just saw your confirmed squad list for next season. Some serious experience in there now. Between Kelty, ES, EK with all their signings and throw in Spartans & BSC who I'm sure will still strengthen I have no idea who's favourite now!!

10 minutes ago, forrie_1 said:

I would keep simon white always up for doing the dirty work in CM, give brizzy pre season see what happens.

another one that hasn't been mentioned is the invisible man Kris faulds 

Kris Faulds is the one I haven't heard a mention of. Unsure if he was missed on the club lists of players going and considering a new contract. Sure his contract ended 31.5 19.

Alternatively the club maybe waiting his injury to recover.

14 minutes ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Young goalkeeper, Robbie Taylor signed up again for next season. 

I'd imagine with us running a reserve team this season that Robbie will be a regular starter there. 

Robbie's save in the game v the Scottish Amateurs was my Shire save of 18/19. 

The few times I have seen him play I have been impressed.

Apparently we were in for David McGurn so I think we might be looking for an experienced goalkeeper to understudy Barclay or battle him for a place. Taylor by all accounts seems a good prospect but say we made the playoffs and Barclay got injured, would we want him or ure having to play those games?

Kris Faulds is the one I haven't heard a mention of. Unsure if he was missed on the club lists of players going and considering a new contract. Sure his contract ended 31.5 19.
Alternatively the club maybe waiting his injury to recover.
Believe he is in talks with Linlithgow.

On 11/06/2019 at 21:39, Nimmo's Notes said:

Young goalkeeper, Robbie Taylor signed up again for next season. 

I'd imagine with us running a reserve team this season that Robbie will be a regular starter there. 

Is there definitely a reserve team running next season. What league will they be in?

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 22:55, HibeeJibee said:

It was already down to 9 including Berwick. Certainly heard SPFL was trying for more invitees. Others were Livi and Ayr (who can join pro level), QP, Airdrie, Albion Rovers, Raith and Stirling.

Ultimately only 6 SPFL clubs decided to continue - Airdrie, Alloa, Albion Rovers, Ayr, Livingston and QP.

BSCG and 'Shire join keeping it at viable numbers.

Robbie's still just a teenager, plenty time to develop and the reserve league will be perfect for him. Only seen him a few times and always looks the part. 
I understand he's young but we have fans who genuinely believe he can compete for the no.1 jersey. Highest level he's played was his loan at Stenny Amatuers. He's got alot to prove for me