The East Stirlingshire Thread

craigiemack

1 hour ago, ewan_fife said:

How’s the shire squad looking now? Looking to bring in 2 players who were at Alloa last season I’m hearing

Think that’s us at 14 players now. 9 players from last season and then Eddie Malone, Sean Brown, Jamie Dishington, Nicky Low and Bobby Barr. 

I think I might have heard the some rumours about Alloa.  Guess we’ll need wait and see.

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

That's me booked up for return train fare and 2 nights in a hotel for Wakefield. All for just £200.

Hoping to do the same in the next couple of days. Love pre-season tours down south

2 hours ago, Gimme said:

Spotted on twitter

Good wee piece. A few inaccuracies in what he says but good all the same. 

Dead, will be able to confirm a few of the details, but, if I remember correctly, the 12,000 crowd v Partick Thistle was at the previous ground, Merchiston Park. The old stand didn't burn down, it was merely replaced and Firs Park wasn't sold, it belongs to the shareholders, including myself. Unfortunately, the majority shareholder is Alan Mackin, the panto villain in the whole affair, who ran the club down, destroyed the ground and hoped to sell it, pocketing the cash for himself, Third Lanark style. 

All 3 have made cracking signings! Will be tight as hell for the top 4 for me.

And that is the main lowland league issue for the future. The top 4 will be clear of the rest taking the Ramsdens cup places so the rest of the league has he haw to play for.

You don’t get any money for playing in the ‘Ramsdens Cup’ so I’m not sure it matters all that much. It just ends up being a hinderance
It's the crowds that help the smaller clubs. I watch Cumbernauld on occasions. Looking at this season ahead they are playing for nothing. No hope in hell of top 4 and don't expect religation. Just like others in the league. Not exactly easy to generate interest.

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
1 hour ago, craigiemack said:
You don’t get any money for playing in the ‘Ramsdens Cup’ so I’m not sure it matters all that much. It just ends up being a hinderance

It's the crowds that help the smaller clubs. I watch Cumbernauld on occasions. Looking at this season ahead they are playing for nothing. No hope in hell of top 4 and don't expect religation. Just like others in the league. Not exactly easy to generate interest.

You could say exactly the same about clubs like The Rangers, Everton, Aberdeen, Raith, Stirling and their ilk - teams that wont win their leagues next season and who most likely wont be relegated but somehow they'll keep going., keep on keeping on. Maybe you think they should all just fold before the season starts?

Its almost as if to some people improving the club on and off the field from the previous season is seen as being meaningless.

….and spunking money is no guarantee of success, just ask the Ballingry or Selkirk fans or indeed the Dundee United or Raith fans.

On 23/05/2019 at 10:59, AlansHotBath said:

Sounds very dodgy imho. Hopefully the league or the SFA step in and strip them of any recently won competitions, perhaps even going so far as awarding said competitions to whoever the runners-up happen to be? Happy to limit this to the last couple of weeks as a compromise

:lol:

12 hours ago, foreverarover said:
13 hours ago, craigiemack said:

What's the latest on cumbernauld did I read somewhere there was problems wi the stadium and you were looking elsewhere  ?